Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just quit WoW and don't come on WoW forums if you hate it...

10+ Year Old Account
    In your fish aquarium eating your fish flakes. NOM NOM
    Wow killers dont exist /thread

PS. Im saying that while playing guild wars, the only wow killer out there is wow itself

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freakyfreak View Post
    SOE
    an mmo by them dont last long these days..

and hyper customization of your character is a standard of the industry for these days..
    Last edited by DaGhostDS; 2011-01-08 at 12:55 AM.

I've watched few videos of beta and it looks really stupid.I think it will just kill itself lol

To the condescending op:

Do you realize that DC Online is not the first superhero MMORPG? Champions online has a stronger and more dynamic combat system than DCO, yet how did you feel about the game as a whole when you played it?

Cause you did play it, right?

OH NOES another wow killer poor wow D: they are sending killers few times a year D:
    but seriously
    there are 3 types of mmo tat can kill wow
    1. new blizz mmo :>
    2.some rly cool mmofps
    3 GOOD warhammer mmo :> (im not an super warhammer fan but even blind donkey could see huge potential that warhammer 40k universe got )
    DVUO gonna be good mmo but it wont be wow killer because:
    1. it is too USA-ish we need to remember that huge part that mmo fanbase is asia
    2.it gonna get relased too soon (propably), every mmo with potential soo far got killed by bugs and/or missing content

Deleted
    Better games than DC Universe have tried to wrestle WoW for the top MMO position; all of them have failed.

Ive played DC Universe online during beta because I preordered it. It will no where be close to a wow killer.
    They have shitty customer service/forums and was basically not even half way finished with the game last month when I played it.

Dont get me wrong, I really enjoy the Actiony MMO feel to it but Its built to be playable on a console so everythings condenced to be done with a few buttons and if i remember correctly you can only have 8 or so skills on ur action bar.

Customization was good but you had to equip things to preview and you couldnt preview items in the shop. If you really love char customization play CoX(city of heroes/villains), CO(champions online), or STO(star trek online) they have amazing char customizers but are imo terrible games to play(ive played and paid for all of em.)

And yes i bought celestial steed and use it on my alts and also bought the charity pets when they gave 50% to charity which is about 40% more than most companies give for charity(ex.GaiaOnline)

I think WoW will continue to stay popular esp with the drive of many new games to be "Free2Play" where if you wanna get ahead you gotta spend 50-100$ a MONTH on micro transaction bullshit. I have done this several times and have probally wasted over $4k on so called F2P games and facebook apps which end up getting boring after a few months or a year.

When I heard you say "The best customization in a game so far", I stopped reading. It reminded me of Aion.

After playing the beta, I definitely wouldn't pay for DC Universe. One of the biggest problems is there's no immersion in the game. You're just kind of tossed in and told to go do random stuff. Not to mention the combat is just mindless clicking.

Deleted
    I think it's far from becoming a wow-killer. It seems to cater for a different niche market and does not have the same amount of sheer content that Warcraft does. The only games at the moment that could snip a chunk of Warcraft's playerbase are Guild Wars 2 and Star Wars: The Old Republic once they launch. Other games that will surely lure a few players off Warcraft at least temporarily are Rift and TERA online, once they launch as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sauce View Post
    What is this drivel supposed to mean? You're against customization for no reason other than Aion had it?
    how can you not understand this? he most likely meant that Aion said they would have great customization but didn't, so he isn't buying into DCUO's lies either.

It's going to be a good game, no doubt.

But honestly, WoW has grown to such a large player base that the only thing that will actually kill WoW is itself.

The only thing I can say is...SUPERHEROS? Where is the lore? Raids don't even make sense in that kind of world. World of Warcraft is an entirely different game. It's not going to take WoW's player base. Aion didn't. Perfect World is nothing. Rift may have a slight chance, but it's basically the same as WoW save the graphics. People that are new to WoW might switch over. But veterans? No chance. They've spent hundreds of dollars on WoW and probably thousands of hours. Even one hour a day would add up to a thousand in three years.

Girl commits suicide because of WoW. I haven't played for 3 weeks... Nothing. I just get bored sometimes. Once I couldn't play for a year... Nothing. Some people might commit suicide for almost anything. WoW isn't really that addicting. I would rather have my kid play WoW all day than sit in downtown Vancouver doing cocaine.

Nah, I'm just gonna stick with World of Warcraft for now.

I'll wait for SWTOR, and Titan to be released
    Ansgar the Insane

I laughed really hard at people who thought this no name game would be a wow killer.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

10+ Year Old Account
    City of Heroes/City of Villians > every other Super Hero/Villian MMO.

I hadn't even heard of this till about a week ago. SOE and Good MMO don't fit in the same sentence.
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sauce View Post
    I'm sorry you can't see how idiotic that attempt at logic sounds. Stop drinking paint?

"Durr me no like thing ever cuz totally unrelated game didn't do it right!"
    ok so you're stupider than I thought. let me make it clearer for you.

This guy, Traman, once read that Aion was going to have great customization. He tried it, it didn't, and he was very sad.
    This guy, Traman, now reads that DCUO is going to have great customization. He learned from his mistakes and will not be very sad.

---------- Post added 2011-01-08 at 02:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry View Post
    I laughed really hard at people who thought this no name game would be a wow killer.
    lol your avatar fits perfectly. david tennant ftw

I was really excited for DC Universe, being a big comic book fan. Then I got into beta. I must say I got as much out of it in beta as I think i ever will. Character creation is great, but for me at least the game isn't that appealing from a gameplay perspective. *shrug*