Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's looking like it's going to be an amazing game, but i don't think it will kill WoW. I don't like wow anymore but alot of people play it and are unwilling to leave no matter how good another game is.

DC Universe doesn't even have crafting, or any real PvE, the only things you've got is a total shit simplified combat system designed for consoles and levling.
    Have fun when you're level 30 and the only thing to do is kill other people with your 3 abilities.
    Oh, and if it releases on the latest beta build healing in PvP doesn't even matter because people do too much damage, it's just about who does that damage the fastest and you got no hope in outhealing it, most retarded patch ever.
    And SoE being the creators? Were that supposed to be some sort of good advertisement?

The combat is somewhat fun because it's so fast-paced though even if it really is too simple, but I can't see how it will be fun at all past the first week, unless you are 7 years old and plays it 12 minutes a day.
    Last edited by Ighox; 2011-01-07 at 06:49 PM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linry View Post
    then be prepared to be surprised, because this has been said about every "shiny" game that has came out, remember aion?
    Aion didn't look that great to begin with. Whenever someone talked about Aion, most of the time all I heard was about the character customization. Rift's beta has been showing itself as promising.

Not a chance. It could pull a few away, but with the time most have invested, along with just purchasing the expansion, I don't see them staying with another mmo long.

No,no..wait

Warhammer ended WoW
    Aion ender Warhammer
    DCU will end Aion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fateq View Post
    1/11/11 is january, not november
    In the US, its MM/DD/YY.. yankees always do things backasswards.

another one of this....
    I think wow is like cat 9 lifes.
    or even better 25 cats 225 lifes...

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYq9v...layer_embedded -Vimpe (Tot)ally Fails 2 - Trailer VIMPE!!

Deleted
    i would not set my money on that it is gonna me the end of wow

Aion Had some huge potential as well when it came out with the flying FIght and such And still most people quitted after 1 month cuz of the Freaking slow lvling and such

I was in the DCU Online Beta - its a good, fun game, but its not a WoW killer. It feels very different from WoW, in ways that won't appeal to many.

It mostly feels like a Console Game (a fighting game, at that) that all your friends play too.

PC + Playstation = FAIL!

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does this just sound like an ad?

sony has more of a chance to ruin themselves as usual, i cant remember but wasnt Star wars galaxies doing good till Sony bought in?

Quote Originally Posted by Nzo View Post
    If you think standing around mashing skills to see who has the most RNG luck = fun, ya then sure it will beat WoW hurrhurr.
    lol, RNG luck is all WoW is about too lol.

Fat chance...

It might take some WoW players, but a lot of the market for DC Universe is probably separate from people who would play a game like WoW.

The only game that has a chance at putting a big dent in the WoW player-base would be Star Wars: The Old Republic. It will be similar enough in all of the areas that matter, and better enough to at least make WoW players play the trial.

If Bioware can't do it, no one can...

LOLLOLLOLLOLOL

Hold on I need to catch my breath.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Ok. First, here's reason number one that DC Universe will be a failure. It's run by SONY ONLINE ENTERTAINMENT. Some of the worst customer service in the business, not even close to monitoring the pulse of it's playerbase, and terrible terrible terrible response time to bugs.

Two, the combat system. Do you like to left click left click right click right click right click and move the mouse counterclockwise to execute combos? Sweet, get this game then!

Reason number three, SONY ONLINE ENTERTAINMENT!

There are 2 games that MAY give WoW a run for it's money in 2011, and DCU is not one of them. RIFT plays like WoW but with an old school EQ feel to it that may intrigue alot of old school MMO EQ1 type players like myself. The other is Star Wars from Bioware, but the main thing driving that game is the name recognition right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellesar View Post
    not going to happen
    I doubt it will kill WoW, maybe drag people to it, but not kill it. Definitly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holywraths View Post
    Aion Had some huge potential as well when it came out with the flying FIght and such And still most people quitted after 1 month cuz of the Freaking slow lvling and such
    Its the profession levelling that absolutely sucked the life out of me. I think i spent like 3 hours levelling crap.. it was tooo much... way too much. Plus the fee for rez was ridiculous sometimes.

The BEST thing that could happen to wow is a GOOD and popular MMO coming out. It would force blizzard to balance, add features and make new and interesting things in the game. It may also do things like lower prices, especially of luxury services or make them offer package deals ect.

The best thing for the consumer of ANY business is to have GOOD competition to what they love because it keeps the company from going lax.

Stop and think, outside of PVP balance or PVP nerfs not effecting PVE what other abilities, features, ect do you want in wow? Best bet for wow to get better and include those? Competition from a well thought out and featured game bu a competent company.

Heres a great example, MOST if not all other games have one but blizzard has chosen to ignore the crys for it:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...1899278?page=1

Its a 263 pages long and they haven't even said yes or no, they've just chosen to ignore it. Things like that wouldn't happen if there was competition. They would be fixing bugs, balance and problems faster.

So will it be the death of WoW? Probably not, but i hope it puts up a gooooooood long and hard fight, it only serves to make WoW a BETTER, balanced and more complete game.
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Digory Kirke View Post
    Fat chance...

It might take some WoW players, but a lot of the market for DC Universe is probably separate from people who would play a game like WoW.

The only game that has a chance at putting a big dent in the WoW player-base would be Star Wars: The Old Republic. It will be similar enough in all of the areas that matter, and better enough to at least make WoW players play the trial.

If Bioware can't do it, no one can...
    Can people shut the fuck up about this already, nothing is going to kill WoW until Blizzard kills it, a MMO doesn't need that many people to survive, it could have 100k subscribers and still be considered good business.
    There's no fucking way all 12 million subscribers are going to quit, even if 11,9million quits it wouldn't "kill WoW".