Thread: 2Hand Frost dps

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Avatar Killer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MeleeSpriestDK View Post
    Yea me too 2h frost is just a versatile spec been wanting to use it again since leveling but the dps told me to go unholy haha
    as it currently does... prior to the unable to download patch that is being spammed in general right now.

Curious to know what other changes unannounced were made
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.
    New Expansion preview HERE

Stood in the Fire MeleeSpriestDK's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah theres a buncha changes to everything. there are about 3-4 different sets of patch notes and updates to patch notes as of now about 4.0.6 and hotfixes. and a blue posted that they are still wrighting some more notes. im wondering if the patch is going live today.

Gamers never Die

I was having a grand ole time with dwing frost until they nerfed us. I had on average a constant 15k+ dps on trash and on bosses. Yesterday I noticed my dps went waaaaaaaaaay down, to the point that a enh sham who had all greeens was pulling the same amount...But rather than bitch and moan, How is the dps for 2h frost compared to unholy. and Would you suggest trying out unholy, or to stay dw, or try out 2h frost....

discuss..
    Last edited by Tunasaladin; 2011-01-11 at 06:15 PM.
    What's that? Yeah, I know, I'm a big deal!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunasaladin View Post
    I am probably not the only person to say this, but F YOU BLIZZ! I was having a grand ole time with dwing frost until they nerfed us. I had on average a constant 15k+ dps on trash and on bosses. Yesterday I noticed my dps went waaaaaaaaaay down, to the point that a enh sham who had all greeens was pulling the same amount...But rather than bitch and moan, How is the dps for 2h frost compared to unholy. and Would you suggest trying out unholy, or to stay dw, or try out 2h frost....

discuss..
    first off its a bad move to bash blizzard on a forum. next where is this dw nerf you speak of?
    the change to 2h frost is an average 10% increase which will put it in line with the rest of the other playable specs. UH both DW and 2h are very similar and DW frost is the same as DW uh and now this puts 2h frost in line with them.

lastly... whats with the paladin post on your comment on a dk forum?... just askin
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.

I am just kidding about bashing blizzard... And They nerfed HB, which was reduced by 40%. Rather than clutter up my signature with every class I play, I decided to put up the one that I am currently playing moreso than the others. But if you like, I can put my DK signature on if that will make you feel better.....

10+ Year Old Account
    I am just kidding about bashing blizzard... And They nerfed HB, which was reduced by 40%. Rather than clutter up my signature with every class I play, I decided to put up the one that I am currently playing moreso than the others. But if you like, I can put my DK signature on if that will make you feel better.....
    it was a clear Blizzard bash... always a bad move.
    The HB nerf was because it was doing way more damage then they intended but they will see the balance and fix it accordingly if its too much live.
    You stated nothing to the effect of 2h dps as the op posted. the HB nerf applied to any dk frost speced but this thread is about 2h damage.

lastly it wouldn't hurt to post a dk on a dk forum and your pally on a general or ANY other post not class specific. (just gives more creditability is all)
    Last edited by Avatar Killer; 2011-01-11 at 06:10 PM.

You sir, obviously don't know sarcasm when you see it...But in any case, I posted in here because I wanted to get a comparison, AS i stated in my original post.....To see if they are all balanced and equal as far as dps. Since they buffed 2h frost a bit, does that mean it would the same amount as unholy, and if it does, then my question has been answered. And there you go...I added my DK sig so you can stop crying.

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar Killer View Post
    UH both DW and 2h are very similar and DW frost is the same as DW uh and now this puts 2h frost in line with them.

lastly... whats with the paladin post on your comment on a dk forum?... just askin
    DW Frost is only similar on a spreadsheet. With all the required movement, and Unholy having a huge amount of dmg from a stationary pet that takes almost no aoe dmg and is on the boss constantly, they come out well ahead of any frost spec currently. dw frost is only really good for situational use like maggots on Mag (with a slight spec gimp for slowing), otherwise not going Unholy is a dmg gimp.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnaris View Post
    Will 2Hand frost be a more viable dps with the upcoming changes to the Might of the Frozen Waste talent? (•Might of the Frozen Wastes now also increases all melee damage by 4/8/12% while wielding a two-handed weapon.) Just curious of what people think.
    Will a spec buffed by ~10% be more viable? Yes, it will be more viable, obviously. It is perfectly viable now, before the buff.

I appreciate you posting the information that I was looking for to begin with Liquid. I guess I will do a bit of testing myself with unholy and see what I think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Could be still too low considering the fact that even dualwield frost kinda struggles hard atm.
    dude i pull around 12k to 14k in bwd as dw frost so i do not see how any on struggles as dw

10+ Year Old Account
    I appreciate you posting the information that I was looking for to begin with Liquid. I guess I will do a bit of testing myself with unholy and see what I think about it.
    I'd say they're both fairly similar in terms of "fun," but some people just don't like having a pet for some reason. /shrug
    Quote Originally Posted by Uggz View Post
    /facepalm, assasination mastery increases poison damage, as far as i'm aware envenom doesn't count as poison damage

Before they did any of these "nerfs" I was pulling on overall average 15k-19k.....I haven't changed any stats gear or w/e and yesterday my dps was maybe 12k at most. I did hit 24k, which dropped to about 16k, but i popped army.

10+ Year Old Account
    Before they did any of these "nerfs" I was pulling on overall average 15k-19k.....I haven't changed any stats gear or w/e and yesterday my dps was maybe 12k at most. I did hit 24k, which dropped to about 16k, but i popped army.
    Overall being all boss fights or what? I don't see how they nerfed anything for Frost minus HB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uggz View Post
    /facepalm, assasination mastery increases poison damage, as far as i'm aware envenom doesn't count as poison damage

What nerfs? AFAIK there were no nerfs yet.

I did a heroic yesterday around midnight and I did 19K DPS as 2H Frost on Asaad. Also anecdotal evidence is anecdotal enough to require at least as much details as possible to be remotely credible. Sounds lke you just had a bad night.

overall for bosses. I dont track any trash that I do except for "current" dmg. Maybe it was just bad luck with crits and what have you.

FS is based on weapon damage -- for all intents and purposes, it's a melee attack. If your melee weapon DPS goes up, FS follows suit.

The howling blast nerf was only for targets OTHER than the initial target. It was an AoE nerf, which frost dks needed. It will have no effect on frost single target dps.

Frost strike is a melee attack and is affected by the buff (or rather, should be--I have not tested it to confirm, nor will I probably do so). Frost strikes can be dodged and parried, and go by melee hit/crit chance.

Note: My primary alt is a blood/frost dk.

Lol...I like the little Note you left at the bottom=D

I guess its just me and its all mental. I will see what happens today when the servers come back up...if they ever dooooo =(

This patch hasn't hit yet, and they're still making additional changes to the PTR as seen from today. They said the list of changes for everything would be twice as long as the current front page on Wow.com.

Anything you feel like has changed, is just mental. Frost DW dps won't change either, unless you introduce multiple adds into the fight.