Deleted

Very weird and loud noise from my PC suddenly when playing WoW

So i was playing wow and suddenly this VERY loud rumble starts to come from my PC asif some big fan went on. But the only fans in my PC are the CPU fan and exhaust fan. Both are always on 100%. GPU fan is temperature controlled but its never that loud at 100% and it didnt go to 100% anyway.
    I just restarted my computer and the loud rumble is gone.

Could this be a broken harddrive? If it is.. sorry for not listening in http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...14#post9981014
    although the rumble was much louder than in the topic that i just linked.

Deleted
    HDD could be, but they are only loud when in use i think.
    Maybe a screw/hook/whatever goot loose or the erm... the thing which lets it turn, forgot the word, is somewhat off hook, meaning it has some room to let the fan scrape. Nothing very bad. Try slowing the fans by hand (SLOWING) and see if it gets better.

Deleted
    It could've helped to open up the case while it was "rumbling" and hear where it came from. Honestly, there's only one thing that can rumbe like that other than a fan, and that's your HDD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most Power Supplys have a fan as well. I had a bearing start to go out in the fan of my PSU and it began making a pretty noticable noise when that happened. Just another possibility.

Deleted
    "dust possibilities"

open your pc and clean it !

Deleted
    I clean my PC almost every week. And if its the PSU then fuck me. Cause its only less than 1 month old.

10+ Year Old Account
    My brother had the very same issue with his PC.. So, my tip for the OP is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trasoz View Post
    "dust possibilities"

open your pc and clean it !
    :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reguilea View Post
    I clean my PC almost every week. And if its the PSU then fuck me. Cause its only less than 1 month old.
    In that case, check that first. Last thing you changed is most likely to be the first thing to cause trouble. Or it's a Layer 8 problem...

Deleted
    Last thing i did inside my case was lowered the slot of my HDD 2 levels lower since it was causing my case to vibrate..
    And for everyone else: I guarantee that theres no dust of any sort in my PC at this moment. Last opened my case 2 days ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reguilea View Post
    Last thing i did inside my case was lowered the slot of my HDD 2 levels lower since it was causing my case to vibrate..
    So your HDD suddenly made your case vibrate? And you worry about sound?!

Deleted
    As i said. I fixed that already it was a temporary problem. Read http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...14#post9981014

And its not rumbling now anyway. It just came and went away after a reboot
    Last edited by mmoc08e0cbb1c7; 2011-01-07 at 09:14 PM.

Deleted
    Can't open your link, it's not valid, but if any HDD starts to vibrate your case, that's bad. If that has always happened... well ok.. not sure that's better.
    Have you tried what i said about the fans?

Deleted
    Yep. Its not the fans.

Deleted
    Well there aren't many other moving parts. CD in drive? Can you slow/stop the fan of your PSU? If that ain't it i am betting on HDD.

15+ Year Old Account
    check cd-rom, cpu fan, gpu fan, psu fan, and lastly hdd

those are the only moving parts that should be in your computer
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    Slowing or checking fans wont do any good anymore. My PC is normal now. Since once again.. the huge rumble went away after rebooting. Which is why from since the start i bet its the HDD.
    some pic just for the hell of it, even though they dont do any good. And dont tell me about cable management.
    http://oi55.tinypic.com/y1il3.jpg
    And yeah the PC is running and the fans are spinning
    And i know that one fin is broken of my exhaust fan.