Thread: Icon Marking

Icon Marking

Marks for Crowd Control and kill order are generally told before a run. Which icons are the most common for groups?
    I use blue squares for hunter's ice, diamonds for warlock's banish, circles for rogue's sap and paladin repentance, stars for mage polymorphs, skulls for first kill and X for second kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Dvaldin View Post
    Marks for Crowd Control and kill order are generally told before a run. Which icons are the most common for groups?
    I use blue squares for hunter's ice, diamonds for warlock's banish, circles for rogue's sap and paladin repentance, stars for mage polymorphs, skulls for first kill and X for second kill.
    Moon = Sheep and Star = Sap.....ALWAYS!!!! :P jk

As long as you identify them at the beginning, it doesn't matter.

Nipple = sap, moon = poly, green panties = fear/banish, diamond = repentance, star = shackle
    I say this at the start of every random dungeon I tank.

15+ Year Old Account
    Skull = 1st
    X = 2nd
    Moon = Sheep
    Star = Sap
    Green = Hex
    Purple = Banish
    Orange = Bind Elemental

i play as a mage and in my experience: moon=sheep; tirangle=hex; star and square=whatever else was there (sap, frost trap, MC)

but it just depends on person marking them. heck i even went with a pug where anything except skull and X ment sheep

15+ Year Old Account
    Each shape has a color and each class has a color, so it can be very simple.

Skull is 1st target of course
    Red X is 2nd target
    Green Triangle is Hunter
    Blue Square is Mage
    Orange Circle is Druid
    Purple Diamond is Warlock
    Yellow Star is Rogue
    White Moon is Shackle

I don't think I left any out.
    Zift

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Moon = Sheep and Star = Sap.....ALWAYS!!!! :P
    This. It,s very easy to recognize new tanks or tanks that started in wotlk, they ask you to sheep something else than a moon (and there arent two or more mages)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux View Post
    This. It,s very easy to recognize new tanks or tanks that started in wotlk, they ask you to sheep something else than a moon (and there arent two or more mages)
    It's more of a server thing, I started tanking in TBC and we never used moon for sheep.. usually it's star, square or circle.

Deleted
    Just say what they are to start with, otherwise what does it matter? Skull is generally 1st kill and cross is second, but after that, do what you like! I randomly put Diamond as my Entangling Roots to let people know to avoid shooting it (yet zergers still do) and my Hibernate uses the orange nipple as we know it (and again Zergers keep shooting it and then get subsequently kicked).