1. #1

    Shadow: Not Bad ATM, but here are a few reasonable suggestions

    Personally, I'm not having a problem at all with Shadow as it currently is, I think they've made it fair again, Shadow at level 80 was overpowered. There are however a few things that I would like to see change and maybe a few bugs fixed as well.

    - Sin and Punishment needs to be changed to either a stun or a death coil effect, or at least make it so that it does not share DR with our fear and psychic horror mechanics. An even better effect would be the way it used to work, where when dispelled it deals the VT damage at once. I have a dispell button too, I laugh when shadow priests let my dots roll on them, and I dispell there's, and then they try to fear me. Basically, what the developer's done to the spell is creating a fear ward for your opponent with a lower CD but has a lower uptime.

    - Dispersion, make it so it does what the tooltip say's. It say's makes you Immune to snares and slowing effects, it worked fine at level 80, but since I hit level 85 it's been questionable when it comes to aoe slows such as Piercing Howl, Frost Nova, etc.

    - Shadowform needs a buff, not the Talent Spec, but the form itself. I haven't spoke to many intelligent people who play a shadowpriest, not flaming I'm just pointing out that some priests still believe that the 5% spell haste = 5% haste. To be honest, when I saw 5% spell haste I was excited, but I assumed that it would be haste, not just spell haste. We are a DPS classs that uses DoT's for the majority of our damage rotation. How can you make our FORM the whole point in which we go shadow, not effect our main source of damage? Currently the only benefit I recieve from it is .011 seconds off my mind spike and vamp touch and it's similar with mind blast, and as you can see I'm QQ'n so I don't really see a huge benefit. PLEASE, just give us the 70% spell knockback prevention we lost with imp Shadowform and take away the useless spell haste, or make it haste so we actually benefit from it. To give you an example, I pump fake a warriors interupt, and then it takes 3-4 seconds to get a 1.18 second vampiric touch to cast with him machine-gun-mangling me. Knockback protection would be more useful, and should be a required mechanic for all casters without any true mobility. I'm willing to make a deal, you keep spell knockback protection, and make it 5% haste =]

    - Fear, I've been trying to solve exactly how much damage it takes to break a fear because of damage, but I've come to the conclusion that, while it's not an exact number because of RNG, it was never changed to scale with levels and still breaks on damage based off of level 80. Hey Shadowpriests out there, tired of fearing a rogue or a feral after you've tanked there huge out of stealth burst damage only to have your fear break after 2 of your DoTs hit? PLEASE, scale the damage it takes for fear to break to level 85, it's frustrating. It isn't DR from dispelling vamp touch to psychic horror, it's the damage break.

    - One last thing, when a destruction warlock imp dispells my Vampiric Touch, they don't suffer from any 4 second fear, it just goes away and does nothing.

    Interested to here what people think should be changed as well or bugs they've experienced.

    /cast fade

  2. #2
    The Patient Marraphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Baradin Hold
    Posts
    218
    lol @ the /fade

    On topic:

    when a destruction warlock imp dispells my Vampiric Touch, they don't suffer from any 4 second fear, it just goes away and does nothing.


    The imp is dispelling it from the Warlock right? There's a bug with Sin and Punishment where it only affects the dispeller if they dispel it from THEMSELVES. If a dispeller dispels it from someone else they don't get feared. :\
    85 Priest/72 Druid/85 Mage/24 Shaman/56 Paladin

  3. #3
    Dreadlord hellar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    University Of Alabama
    Posts
    813
    if these changes happened then i think we would be better.
    dispersion healed us. even 25% hp
    VT when dispelled feared ( should not run on fear DRs)
    i still feel without our CD's, our mobility is none. With the larger hp if we dont end up killing people within our CD's, we are dead. i dont like this.
    I think we need a better kiting tool.

  4. #4

    wuut

    Well, i srsly dont get why you are complaining?

    So, maybe blizzard didnt tought well about the fear thing on dispelling VT,
    but we are more then fine!

    In pvp, we are srsly well balanced.
    & in pve, we are balanced to.

    If you fail, at one of them, it must be lack of skill.

    Im not saying, that we are perfect, hell no. but we are fine! i would even say, OP.
    UMADBRO?

  5. #5
    Scarab Lord AetherMcLoud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    My own private hell
    Posts
    4,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Shermzmcgee View Post
    - Sin and Punishment needs to be changed to either a stun or a death coil effect, or at least make it so that it does not share DR with our fear and psychic horror mechanics. An even better effect would be the way it used to work, where when dispelled it deals the VT damage at once. I have a dispell button too, I laugh when shadow priests let my dots roll on them, and I dispell there's, and then they try to fear me. Basically, what the developer's done to the spell is creating a fear ward for your opponent with a lower CD but has a lower uptime.
    They removed the backlash damage from VT? Bastards. And yes, having a horror effect on sin and punishment is retarded. So your opponents get to decide your diminishing returns rather than you. Re-tard-ed. I think a stun effect would be a good fit, bringing some of that blackout flair back. Stun + backlash though, just as warlocks have silence+backlash.

    - Dispersion, make it so it does what the tooltip say's. It say's makes you Immune to snares and slowing effects, it worked fine at level 80, but since I hit level 85 it's been questionable when it comes to aoe slows such as Piercing Howl, Frost Nova, etc.
    AFAIK piercing howl is a daze not a slow, which is kinda special. Frost nova isn't a slow, it's a root.

    - Shadowform needs a buff, not the Talent Spec, but the form itself. I haven't spoke to many intelligent people who play a shadowpriest, not flaming I'm just pointing out that some priests still believe that the 5% spell haste = 5% haste. To be honest, when I saw 5% spell haste I was excited, but I assumed that it would be haste, not just spell haste. We are a DPS classs that uses DoT's for the majority of our damage rotation. How can you make our FORM the whole point in which we go shadow, not effect our main source of damage? Currently the only benefit I recieve from it is .011 seconds off my mind spike and vamp touch and it's similar with mind blast, and as you can see I'm QQ'n so I don't really see a huge benefit. PLEASE, just give us the 70% spell knockback prevention we lost with imp Shadowform and take away the useless spell haste, or make it haste so we actually benefit from it. To give you an example, I pump fake a warriors interupt, and then it takes 3-4 seconds to get a 1.18 second vampiric touch to cast with him machine-gun-mangling me. Knockback protection would be more useful, and should be a required mechanic for all casters without any true mobility. I'm willing to make a deal, you keep spell knockback protection, and make it 5% haste =]
    LOL, I didn't know that (spell haste thing), that really is bad. Melees have the same problem with "true" haste (improving their energy regen) and melee haste (only giving faster auto attacks). Also, shadow priests DO have 70% pushback reduction. It doesn't show on the talent selection, but it was a pretty late beta change AFAIK.

    - Fear, I've been trying to solve exactly how much damage it takes to break a fear because of damage, but I've come to the conclusion that, while it's not an exact number because of RNG, it was never changed to scale with levels and still breaks on damage based off of level 80. Hey Shadowpriests out there, tired of fearing a rogue or a feral after you've tanked there huge out of stealth burst damage only to have your fear break after 2 of your DoTs hit? PLEASE, scale the damage it takes for fear to break to level 85, it's frustrating. It isn't DR from dispelling vamp touch to psychic horror, it's the damage break.
    Intended I think. Fear was regularly nerfed because priests and warlocks dots + fear was too powerful.

    - One last thing, when a destruction warlock imp dispells my Vampiric Touch, they don't suffer from any 4 second fear, it just goes away and does nothing.
    Could be a bug, or could be that imps don't dispell, but rather remove. Just like divine shield and cloak of shadows which don't proc "on dispelled" stuff either.
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite signature on the forum.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Shermzmcgee View Post
    I'm just pointing out that some priests still believe that the 5% spell haste = 5% haste.
    um, it does - if you're not melee or a hunter.

  7. #7
    Make Hybrid Healing better than the passive healing of Pure DPS Classes.
    Bam. I just fixed Shadow, Elemental, AND Balance.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Shermzmcgee View Post
    - Sin and Punishment needs to be changed to either a stun or a death coil effect, or at least make it so that it does not share DR with our fear and psychic horror mechanics. An even better effect would be the way it used to work, where when dispelled it deals the VT damage at once. I have a dispell button too, I laugh when shadow priests let my dots roll on them, and I dispell there's, and then they try to fear me. Basically, what the developer's done to the spell is creating a fear ward for your opponent with a lower CD but has a lower uptime.
    The only thing that needs to be changed is the DR. It shouldn't have one.
    - Dispersion, make it so it does what the tooltip say's. It say's makes you Immune to snares and slowing effects, it worked fine at level 80, but since I hit level 85 it's been questionable when it comes to aoe slows such as Piercing Howl, Frost Nova, etc.
    Haven't noticed any discrepancies such as these.

    - Shadowform needs a buff, not the Talent Spec, but the form itself. I haven't spoke to many intelligent people who play a shadowpriest, not flaming I'm just pointing out that some priests still believe that the 5% spell haste = 5% haste. To be honest, when I saw 5% spell haste I was excited, but I assumed that it would be haste, not just spell haste. We are a DPS classs that uses DoT's for the majority of our damage rotation. How can you make our FORM the whole point in which we go shadow, not effect our main source of damage? Currently the only benefit I recieve from it is .011 seconds off my mind spike and vamp touch and it's similar with mind blast, and as you can see I'm QQ'n so I don't really see a huge benefit. PLEASE, just give us the 70% spell knockback prevention we lost with imp Shadowform and take away the useless spell haste, or make it haste so we actually benefit from it. To give you an example, I pump fake a warriors interupt, and then it takes 3-4 seconds to get a 1.18 second vampiric touch to cast with him machine-gun-mangling me. Knockback protection would be more useful, and should be a required mechanic for all casters without any true mobility. I'm willing to make a deal, you keep spell knockback protection, and make it 5% haste =]
    You're wrong. It's a 5% haste like any other haste effect in the game. All haste is works the same way, it increases the period of our dots as well as the cast times. The only thing that should be noted is that external haste buffs (heroism, hurricane) won't give us extra ticks of dots, but that's for the better.

    - Fear, I've been trying to solve exactly how much damage it takes to break a fear because of damage, but I've come to the conclusion that, while it's not an exact number because of RNG, it was never changed to scale with levels and still breaks on damage based off of level 80. Hey Shadowpriests out there, tired of fearing a rogue or a feral after you've tanked there huge out of stealth burst damage only to have your fear break after 2 of your DoTs hit? PLEASE, scale the damage it takes for fear to break to level 85, it's frustrating. It isn't DR from dispelling vamp touch to psychic horror, it's the damage break.
    Haven't noticed this either.

    - One last thing, when a destruction warlock imp dispells my Vampiric Touch, they don't suffer from any 4 second fear, it just goes away and does nothing.

    Interested to here what people think should be changed as well or bugs they've experienced.

    /cast fade
    Nothing you've posted is verifiable, and is mostly just a bunch of complaining about nothing, the way the class 'feels' to you, etc. It's not constructive whatsoever. Go to the bitching/whining forum on shadowpriest.com and post this there, it belongs there moreso than it does here.

  9. #9
    The Patient Gibbsy999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    256
    Haven't done any PvP at 85 as Shadow. But I do recall getting really annoyed at the Dispersion tooltip. HoJ completely nullified the point of that as a defensive CD. All stuns and slows should mean all stuns and slows!

    Fear breaking on a few ticks of DoTs is stupid. You have to choose between dealing some damage or getting some distance between you and them.

    And on the off-chance that the enemy can defensively dispel, OH NO! 3 second stun (less with the DR bug) and then back to faceroll... It's hardly a fair trade... Damage backlash has my vote!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbsy999 View Post
    Haven't done any PvP at 85 as Shadow. But I do recall getting really annoyed at the Dispersion tooltip. HoJ completely nullified the point of that as a defensive CD. All stuns and slows should mean all stuns and slows!
    Dispersion doesn't say anything about stuns.

    Fear breaking on a few ticks of DoTs is stupid. You have to choose between dealing some damage or getting some distance between you and them.
    I think that is the idea, although they did increase the amount of total health required for it to break since at launch it was still at level 80 levels. It seems it is more balanced around spammable Fear effects so you can't take down a lot of their health while feared.

    And on the off-chance that the enemy can defensively dispel, OH NO! 3 second stun (less with the DR bug) and then back to faceroll... It's hardly a fair trade... Damage backlash has my vote!
    I would love the Backlash damage back, but the DR is a bug that they have just posted as a known bug that is going to be fixed.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Shermzmcgee View Post
    - Sin and Punishment needs to be changed to either a stun or a death coil effect, or at least make it so that it does not share DR with our fear and psychic horror mechanics. An even better effect would be the way it used to work, where when dispelled it deals the VT damage at once. I have a dispel button too, I laugh when shadow priests let my dots roll on them, and I dispel there's, and then they try to fear me. Basically, what the developer's done to the spell is creating a fear ward for your opponent with a lower CD but has a lower up time.

    - Dispersion, make it so it does what the tool tip say's. It say's makes you Immune to snares and slowing effects, it worked fine at level 80, but since I hit level 85 it's been questionable when it comes to aoe slows such as Piercing Howl, Frost Nova, etc.

    - Shadowform needs a buff, not the Talent Spec, but the form itself. I haven't spoke to many intelligent people who play a shadow priest, not flaming I'm just pointing out that some priests still believe that the 5% spell haste = 5% haste. To be honest, when I saw 5% spell haste I was excited, but I assumed that it would be haste, not just spell haste. We are a DPS class that uses DoT's for the majority of our damage rotation. How can you make our FORM the whole point in which we go shadow, not effect our main source of damage? Currently the only benefit I receive from it is .011 seconds off my mind spike and vamp touch and it's similar with mind blast, and as you can see I'm QQ'n so I don't really see a huge benefit. PLEASE, just give us the 70% spell knockback prevention we lost with imp Shadowform and take away the useless spell haste, or make it haste so we actually benefit from it. To give you an example, I pump fake a warriors interrupt, and then it takes 3-4 seconds to get a 1.18 second vampiric touch to cast with him machine-gun-mangling me. Knockback protection would be more useful, and should be a required mechanic for all casters without any true mobility. I'm willing to make a deal, you keep spell knockback protection, and make it 5% haste =]

    - Fear, I've been trying to solve exactly how much damage it takes to break a fear because of damage, but I've come to the conclusion that, while it's not an exact number because of RNG, it was never changed to scale with levels and still breaks on damage based off of level 80. Hey Shadowpriests out there, tired of fearing a rogue or a feral after you've tanked there huge out of stealth burst damage only to have your fear break after 2 of your DoTs hit? PLEASE, scale the damage it takes for fear to break to level 85, it's frustrating. It isn't DR from dispelling vamp touch to psychic horror, it's the damage break.

    - One last thing, when a destruction warlock imp dispels my Vampiric Touch, they don't suffer from any 4 second fear, it just goes away and does nothing.

    Interested to here what people think should be changed as well or bugs they've experienced.

    /cast fade
    I agree with all this and hope blizzard looks into these issues, but I think they should also fix our shadow orb mastery and make it less rng. also possibly buff vampiric embrace heals for the caster.

    I think our survivability sucks atm. It's just absurd, I mean we're a ranged caster that is forced to kite, our mobility is fade. we pretty much go oom spamming dispel and fade to get away from people. I'm not sure about you but when I have a warr/feral/dk on me, I have trouble casting vampiric touch, nvm mind spike x3. oh we have fear you say? LOL gl

    if blizzard wants us to kite, they need to buff our self heals through vampiric embrace and up the absorption of our shields at least. cause when a melee is on us, we dot em up, run and hope for the best. Then again maybe when they nerf certain classes, things won't seem so bad for shadow priests.

    one more thing: with more classes being able to dispel our dots and melee classes being able to self heal.. these suggested changes to shadow priests would be greatly appreciated. =p
    Last edited by Aoibhe; 2011-01-14 at 08:04 PM. Reason: /beg

  12. #12
    DK's were hard for priests in WotLK. That's when we could dispel chains of ice and abolish magic. You still get stunned, death gripped, interrupted, all with less mobility than any other class, unless you chose to silence yourself by using dispersion (which is the current solution for getting out of a boomkin's aoe silence if he also roots you or a rogue is otherwise training you. Now, abolish magic is gone and we have to use a gcd for every disease. That's not quite as horrible as it sounds, and I can understand Blizzard wanting to remove automated dispels like that, similar to the incoming (and I'm crossing my fingers it holds) tremor totem nerf. Fade only removes snares once in a while, and dispel magic no longer removes chains of ice, because chains is no longer "magic." Additionally, Psychic horror is getting a glyph nerf (will only reduce the CD 30 seconds instead of 60), and DK's are getting a slight disarm protection buff. Ya, Psychic Horror was probably a bit OP before, and I can understand nerfing that somewhat.

    But beyond all of that, when DK's were already a "sit on the priest" class in WotLK, does cure disease take us out of shadowform. Unless my memory has totally failed, it did remove shadowform during at least the latter half of WotLK. What this adds up to, besides the other things that have totally swung in the DK's favor, is that without abolish disease I have to use a GCD for each disease and I have to use a GCD to get back into shadowform, and I drop my 15% damage reduction of shadowform.

  13. #13
    @Achtalon

    Abolish disease and cure disease removed shadowform in TBC(I dunno about vanilla, I didn't play vanilla). They changed this mechanic for the greater portion of Wrath. I think this might be because there was so many diseases going out in general due to the content....undead...disease...what? And it was beneficial to raids all over if not ONLY healing priests could dispel it(going in and out of shadowform is very expensive manawise) =P At the end of wrath however, they reverted back to what it used to be...which was it knocks us out of shadowform. ALL HOLY spells knock us out of shadowform. So you're right, memory hasn't failed ^^

  14. #14
    So it's not a bug, it's a really bad joke. And your name is strangely similar to mine :3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •