Personally, I'm not having a problem at all with Shadow as it currently is, I think they've made it fair again, Shadow at level 80 was overpowered. There are however a few things that I would like to see change and maybe a few bugs fixed as well.
- Sin and Punishment needs to be changed to either a stun or a death coil effect, or at least make it so that it does not share DR with our fear and psychic horror mechanics. An even better effect would be the way it used to work, where when dispelled it deals the VT damage at once. I have a dispell button too, I laugh when shadow priests let my dots roll on them, and I dispell there's, and then they try to fear me. Basically, what the developer's done to the spell is creating a fear ward for your opponent with a lower CD but has a lower uptime.
- Dispersion, make it so it does what the tooltip say's. It say's makes you Immune to snares and slowing effects, it worked fine at level 80, but since I hit level 85 it's been questionable when it comes to aoe slows such as Piercing Howl, Frost Nova, etc.
- Shadowform needs a buff, not the Talent Spec, but the form itself. I haven't spoke to many intelligent people who play a shadowpriest, not flaming I'm just pointing out that some priests still believe that the 5% spell haste = 5% haste. To be honest, when I saw 5% spell haste I was excited, but I assumed that it would be haste, not just spell haste. We are a DPS classs that uses DoT's for the majority of our damage rotation. How can you make our FORM the whole point in which we go shadow, not effect our main source of damage? Currently the only benefit I recieve from it is .011 seconds off my mind spike and vamp touch and it's similar with mind blast, and as you can see I'm QQ'n so I don't really see a huge benefit. PLEASE, just give us the 70% spell knockback prevention we lost with imp Shadowform and take away the useless spell haste, or make it haste so we actually benefit from it. To give you an example, I pump fake a warriors interupt, and then it takes 3-4 seconds to get a 1.18 second vampiric touch to cast with him machine-gun-mangling me. Knockback protection would be more useful, and should be a required mechanic for all casters without any true mobility. I'm willing to make a deal, you keep spell knockback protection, and make it 5% haste =]
- Fear, I've been trying to solve exactly how much damage it takes to break a fear because of damage, but I've come to the conclusion that, while it's not an exact number because of RNG, it was never changed to scale with levels and still breaks on damage based off of level 80. Hey Shadowpriests out there, tired of fearing a rogue or a feral after you've tanked there huge out of stealth burst damage only to have your fear break after 2 of your DoTs hit? PLEASE, scale the damage it takes for fear to break to level 85, it's frustrating. It isn't DR from dispelling vamp touch to psychic horror, it's the damage break.
- One last thing, when a destruction warlock imp dispells my Vampiric Touch, they don't suffer from any 4 second fear, it just goes away and does nothing.
Interested to here what people think should be changed as well or bugs they've experienced.