Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I have been clean now for over six months. I burnt out when we got to LK (Im old and healing in ICC blew chunks). I am still addicted to it in a sense. I keep track of the game via here and wow but don't dare turn it back on. I am looking forward to trying swtor, rift and gw2. Having had such a long break, it should be freshening to enjoy.
    A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
    is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

Quote Originally Posted by freakyfreak View Post
    What do you like about WoW, Whats so fun about it? what makes you from Play Wow and buy the expansions? what is your Goal? What will you do if Wow wasn't here?

Share your thoughts, and lets find the riddle about whats keeping us from playing this game.
    I play mainly because it's a convenient place to go when i have absolutely nothing better to do, which i wish i would spend more time doing honestly. MUSTGETCHARACTERS TO 85

Nothing better to do in my sad little life

The Truth: It's a game.

Far to many people devote far too much time in essentially something that is useless (see Paragon and other guilds getting world first heroics in less then a month). It's a great game to play casually (which some nerds who think they are important see as the plague) but take it too far and what do you think you are actually accomplishing?

Wow is addictive, it's gotten me, it would probably be a great thing if WoW died for me cause I would probably get around to doing different things, unlikely more productive things but different.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play because its fun, its in depth, and its not mindblowingly simple either.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilightdawn View Post
    I play because its fun, its in depth, and its not mindblowingly simple either.
    lol in depth and not mindblowingly simple..

I've been clean for almost a year now someone stole my account
    blizzard didnt help it was tought at first but you can deal with it

Its a great game that offers so much things to people and its really an escape for everyday life
    "hey, if you dont like it, go to Russia"

-Homer Simpson

Deleted
    It has no logical meaning, just like life...... live with it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    lol in depth and not mindblowingly simple..
    Am i supposed to chastise you for use of sarcasm or applaud you for agreeing with me.

Because it's better than DC Universe Online. :>
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JKaned View Post
    I'm addicted. I don't think World of Warcraft is fun at all anymore, I just play it with the sole purpose of trying to become "the best".
    I think it's the only thing keeping me from a mental breakdown.
    You sir, need professional help.

If WoW wasn't here... i'd probably still be stuck in Diablo 2 lol.
    this... and probably warcraft III frozen throne expansion. addicted to tds and dota

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StarFade View Post
    You sir, need professional help.
    The only professional help I need is from 24 others in Blackwing Descent.
    Last edited by mmoc4bb87a4e06; 2011-01-08 at 12:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesk View Post
    Its an escape from the ridicules of every day life
    .....this...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sauce View Post
    There are only addicts who play it to fill a void where they have nothing else to do.
    While this is true, it's mostly our choice to have "nothing" else to do. I could, for example, go get a job. But I couldn't be arsed to do that because I'm addicted and I don't give a shit of what happens with or in my life as long as it doesn't affect my time online.

Quote Originally Posted by JKaned View Post
    I'm addicted. I don't think World of Warcraft is fun at all anymore, I just play it with the sole purpose of trying to become "the best".
    I think it's the only thing keeping me from a mental breakdown.
    you do me so sad by the comment.
    WoW is just a fantastic maked game, great big history, endless options and things to do, theres something for every type. the older buisness men like AH, and this is true, i know two people whos like this, some like beating people in PvP, some like having mounts and/or companions, some wanna be the achei hero, some wanna raid Deathwing and loot his chin, someone wanna do it all, some wants RP, some like different kinds of clothes, some like professions, some like leveling alts... endless.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play because its something interesting to do in a world where everything is either against the law or too expensive to do otherwise.

To play PvP, I enjoy that. My friend still isn't level 85 yet but when he gets there we'll start doing arena too.
    I do tank dungeons but I don't really enjoy it 50% of the time, it's not the dungeon though, it's the people.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesk View Post
    Its an escape from the ridicules of every day life, its fun too
    Oh and this^
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

in the danish newspaper it said that more and more played WoW because of such and such. but the main reason was because people wanted to escape from the normal life and boring and dark world with war, nature destruction, global warming and all that shit, to a world of adventure where you actually could be the hero of the day, instead of just another guy working in the store, sitting with paperwork etc.
    short version, people wants a better world and escape from the dark reality we have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    in the danish newspaper it said that more and more played WoW because of such and such. but the main reason was because people wanted to escape from the normal life and boring and dark world with war, nature destruction, global warming and all that shit, to a world of adventure where you actually could be the hero of the day, instead of just another guy working in the store, sitting with paperwork etc.
    short version, people wants a better world and escape from the dark reality we have.
    Normal life? The "normal" in my life is, in fact, World of Warcraft. It's what I do 16 hours a day from when I wake up to when I go to bed. The dark reality you speak of in your post that which people are trying to escape from does not exist for me. My "dark" reality is World of Warcraft and escaping from it would be the exact opposite of what people are apparently trying to accomplish by playing the game. Ironic, eh?