Deleted

Ghoul Instant Kill

Hai there DK forum!

Im sure all of you who have played Unholy know that the pets we can summon are ... Quite retarded.

Now Ive been doing about 200 games in arena lately, plus a couple of battlegrounds, and it has happened 3 times (2 times in arena from a warlock on Dalaran Arena, and once from a rogue in Battle of Gilneas) that some guy I was fightning simply *killed* my pet. In one shot.

Is there some trick how to kill ghouls without even attacking it?
    First time was this warlock, and they usually put dots up on ghouls to eventually kill them, but this time, my pet was on 100% and suddenly he just disappeared, and the warlock looked really suspicious ... ???
    When I summoned my pet back (after like 10 secs due to the "spell not ready" bug), my pet managed survive a bit longer (my comp is uh/hpala and we were against affli / rdruid .. That match up takes some time), actually until I had 5 stacks of Shadow Infusion, and right when I transformed him, the warlock did something with his hands and the pet was gone again.

GEEZUS!

2nd time was when I encountered a single rogue in BoG, who I beat easily. About 5 secs before he died, my pet who was a full health at the time, disappeared/got killed for a third time, after seeing the rogue doing something with his hands. His hands kinda glowed red but Im unsure if it wasnt the Combat Readiness that he activated *a bit too late*.

Does anyone recognize any of this or is it just poor me?

Ps. I can assure you I didnt missclick Unholy Pact

Might be server lag? Just a thought. Unless it was a very very high crit. Wich seems unlikley but other than those guesses i really wouldant know.
    Sarah yells: I am the lucid dream
    Sarah yells: The monster in your nightmares
    Sarah yells: The fiend of a thousand faces
    Sarah yells: Cower before my true form
    Yogg-Saron yells: BOW DOWN BEFORE THE GOD OF DEATH

10+ Year Old Account
    Might be a bug, only thing i can think of, i don't play UH and when i user my ghoul hes out for 1 sec before i kill him for HP

Deleted
    As far as I know, rogues/warlocks cant really do 80k in 1 ability, can they?

Was just wondering if there was some bug that you could do to make it disappear, I dno, an item?

As the warlock did it I thought he did some weird demonic sacrifice and SOMEHOW used my ghoul to do .. whatever he did lol >.<

Quote Originally Posted by schleimhaut View Post
    As far as I know, rogues/warlocks cant really do 80k in 1 ability, can they?

Was just wondering if there was some bug that you could do to make it disappear, I dno, an item?

As the warlock did it I thought he did some weird demonic sacrifice and SOMEHOW used my ghoul to do .. whatever he did lol >.<
    I don't have a DK character, but I noticed on my hunter that sometimes the pet is one-shot, both by players or mobs while farming (and when I was leveling her to 85). I assume it's some kind of bug.

Deleted
    A pretty fucked up bug, specially since it can cost me a game in arena if it ever happens...

Also, will they EVER fix the bug that where you summon your pet your enemy will see what class you are in Ring of Valor?
    The pet also gets stuck alot unless you spam Claw macro

My bet is on the fact that a split second after your pet comes out, its only at like 10k health before it heals to full.

If it gets hit in that instant, its dead.

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeKitty View Post
    I don't have a DK character, but I noticed on my hunter that sometimes the pet is one-shot, both by players or mobs while farming (and when I was leveling her to 85). I assume it's some kind of bug.
    I've got a hunter (Lvl80 hunter, raided through ICC, blah blah blah), and when a pet is first summoned, it doesn't have all the right health modifiers. I really only saw this after 4.0.1 was released. Occasionally a resurrected pet/pet spawning after jumping off my mount would have its base health, and then the health pool would jump, but not heal properly. This is when they changed pet stats to work off of the hunter instead of its stats being independent of the hunter.

This could be what you are seeing in arenas/bgs, if you run in with your mount. If the pet pops up in that kind of state, its dead before you can do anything about it. My DK is tank/frost, so I haven't played with a ghoul at all, but if they are reusing some of the pet code from hunter pets, you're probably seeing the same issue. IDK if it was reported bug or not. Just something I noticed every once and a while.

I haven't leveled my hunter yet, so I can't tell you if the same thing is still happening or not.
    SW:TOR: Kina Legacy on Drooga's Pleasure Barge, formerly Senjak Legacy on Master Zhar Lestin.

There was also a bug that sometimes your pet would take ridiculous damage. Have somewhere a screenshot of my pet taking 60k through a corruption tick...pretty sure there were quite a lot more of those floating around on arenajunkies. I am not sure if that was ever fixed.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2011-01-08 at 12:12 AM.

It's a known pet bug that hits all pets, not just hunter pets. Pets will spawn with no health modifiers and nothing but their base health, which at 85 is around 6k.

Quote Originally Posted by chisuji View Post
    My bet is on the fact that a split second after your pet comes out, its only at like 10k health before it heals to full.

If it gets hit in that instant, its dead.
    Possibly, but the few times on my hunter I noticed it, I had been killing mobs for a while, no mounting, no re-summoning the pet... and it'd just bam, up and die on the next hit it took, despite it's health at the time.

Edit: And judging by the OP, he had his ghoul out at the start and things were fine... and it up and died, like my experiences. Unless I misunderstood.

There have been screenies up here of crits from rogues in the 56k crit zone with envenom and stuff - but this was PvE.

This thread.

Resilience would have a major impact on this, but I've not done any Cata PvP so don't know how it transfers to pets these days.

Deleted
    No - my pet got simply splattered during combat (had been hacking around on that warlock for maybe ~1min) and suddenly it got pwnd ..
    Twice in one arena

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onorvele View Post
    There have been screenies up here of crits from rogues in the 56k crit zone with envenom and stuff - but this was PvE.

This thread.

Resilience would have a major impact on this, but I've not done any Cata PvP so don't know how it transfers to pets these days.
    Sure some rogues can do insane envenom crits, but I have 2,9k resi (uhm altho it prob doesnt scale anything at all for my pet or does it?) and that rogue I was facing was not one of those rogues and certainly didnt have the gear to crit that high

Would be interesting to see logs from those fights. Could find out what happened around the time the pet died and whether it was legit, buggy, etc.

Deleted
    Yes, and overall its just really annoying with these bad AIs.
    I mean, you only get your pet back if youre really lucky when you jump from platform to platform in the Conclave of Wind encounter, and the cooldown is really lame aswell :< "Spell is not ready yet" on top of that
    (Gargoyle is also sooo easily dodged by "dancing" around the boxes in dalaran sewers)