Thread: Is it just me?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    329 == almost full 333 gear. It gives you an allowance of 4 325 items unless you have some 346 / 359 pieces and then you get a little leeway.

It's too much if anything. Definitely not too low.
    Too low? Lol, not with the majority of the playerbase you end up pugging with. Remember, if you have the skill and knowledge to do heroics as a fresh 85 you can always group with friends and knock it out regardless of your ilevel. The gear limit is only there prevent undergeared randoms from grouping together and getting roflstomped(not that it really helps when you're with bad players) in heroics.

Can a 110k hp tank do heroics, sure. Just like I could heal heroics with 60k mana when i hit 85. Doesn't mean it's a good idea when you're doing randoms and potentially grouping with other undergeared players or people who don't know how to play. I just got out of a random with a lock who did not know what banish was. No amount of gear will mitigate that.

Still, if you're starting out, and you're doing a critical job like tanking or healing, the least you can do is get some green gems and some entry level cata enchants/ wrath enchants(which are dirt cheap now). A random gives 80g for the first/ 40g for subesquent. Gold should not be an issue if you're planning on doing lots of heroics. Start buying flasks, top tier enchants etc for raiding and come back and talk to me about not being able to afford stuff. If you can do heroics with subpar gear, that's wonderful. but dont walk into instances with 0 effort put into your set aside from the time it took to get the drops and get upset when healers complain about your health pool and lack of avoidance.
    Last edited by lil pink pwny; 2011-01-08 at 03:26 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sageless View Post
    Looking at that armory shows you have the itemlevel to enter heroics when they are gemmed/enchanted properly. Enchanting / gemming it would add about 400 stamina and other useful stuff about 100 mastery and 50 dodge. Not doing it means that healers are in their full right to complain.

So in conclusion, yes, it is just you
    Oh god, that person bought a BOE shield and THEN REFORGED PARRY INTO DODGE!!!

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god, that person bought a BOE shield and THEN REFORGED PARRY INTO DODGE!!!

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
    Last time i checked, you got more Avoidance from dodge raiting than you did from parry.. So how is that wrong?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    1) that's not true.
    2) parry is better than dodge due to talents that work with parry such as Hold the Line for warriors

For every tank, it is better to reforge dodge into parry. If you do it the other way around, wow. That's just shockingly inept.

Deleted
    1) that's not true.
    2) parry is better than dodge due to talents that work with parry such as Hold the Line for warriors

For every tank, it is better to reforge dodge into parry. If you do it the other way around, wow. That's just shockingly inept.
    As a paladin you need:
    Close to 0 hit LOLOL (goes into mastery)
    Dodge pretty much equal to parry.
    Loats of Heigh Pii.
    A keyboard.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) that's not true.

Pallys have a talent that works with dodge (Sanctuary, +3% Mana when we block or dodge an attack) not that mana is much of a problem but, Even so..

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, you should reforge all your dodge into mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, you should reforge all your dodge into mastery.
    Actually, according to: http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t110338-...3_2011_4_0_3a/

"If you have at least 26 Expertise with SoT glyph and racial abilities and are hit capped reforge—in this order—haste, crit, parry, dodge, excess hit into mastery. Continue to follow this rule until you reach the 102.4% block cap. IMPORTANT: When reforging from dodge/parry make sure to reforge from the stat that has the most rating since it will be the stat suffering from the most diminishing returns."

So, your right, i should of reforged it to mastery, hah, who knew.

Yet, sucks you cant reforge onto a stat that is already on the item, oh wellz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gem your gear completely. If you can afford the amount of gold you spent on that awful shield, then you can afford gems.
    Enchant your gear. Therazane shoulder enchant, and Earthen Ring head enchant. If you aren't revered with Earthen Ring, get it.

You're also putting a parry/stam gem into blue sockets. Don't do that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Echoside View Post
    Pallys have a talent that works with dodge (Sanctuary, +3% Mana when we block or dodge an attack)
    I'll just tell you really fast what you can try and maybe it will help you.
    Pretty much what I said above but explaining more:
    • You don't have enough parry atm so get a bit more (there was some odd theorycrafting)
    • Reforge your hit into mastery where you can
    • Get the glyph of Word of Glory and be sure to heal yourself as much as you can
    • Get some mastery/stamina/expertise enchants (in that order)
    • Gem up
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    You're also putting a parry/stam gem into blue sockets. Don't do that.
    Parry gems are actually decent if you lack too much parry and you get a decent set bonus (like the tier chest)
    Last edited by mmocc6bc6f6fc2; 2011-01-08 at 03:59 AM.

Well, as a tank myself I would rather have 113k hp with 10/10 parry/dodge rather than 130k with 3/4%

As others have said, wrath mindset is old
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

probably using a stam trinket too?
    Unfortunately yes because I've yet to get one with pure avoidance stats, but if I had one then that would push me above your avoidance despite the lower itemlevel while still remaining higher on HP.

Edit: I see you gemmed your gear now so it's a moot point
    Last edited by Caelia; 2011-01-08 at 05:00 AM.

I have over 150k buffed with fort. I've had a healer tell me that that was really low. People are morons, don't let them get under your skin.

Especially now that the nerfing has begun... I just did a heroic deadmines, and before I remembered that the non-heroic is level 15-20, I found myself looking at my minimap to check if the skull was there denoting that it was heroic mode x_x They really gutted that place.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) For every tank, it is better to reforge dodge into parry. If you do it the other way around, wow. That's just shockingly inept.
    For Death Knights, Dodge and Parry are equal if they are roughly the same in number value (see: http://pwnwear.com/forum/death-knigh....html#at_10sta). So, we don't value one over the other.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ilita/advanced

Armory link.. mostly 333 gear + others.. Which is about the right level for heroics, no?
    You have 8 unenchanted items. At least go and buy some cheap enchants. A lot of the enchants are very inexpensive and come from the new Cataclysm Factions.

http://pwnwear.com/forum/death-knigh...html#at_13ench those are Death Knight Enchants, all of those might not work for Paladin's but at least you can get an idea.

I personally believe that before you start heroics, you should have yourself covered. It allows for "optimal performance" on your part.

Why not? Done it three times now and it was perfectly fine every time. And yes, this tank had about that much hp when I started out.
    Well see there is a difference here. You are from Blackrock and most people from that server are leet. Your players you call 'nubs' over there most people call awsum on other servers. lol
    "Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." ~William Faulkner
    "Ever look at the word 'Damage'? - It is clearly right in front of you...DA MAGE!"

I've been trying to get people to stop judging tanks by hp too lol. The other main tank in my guild has 178k hp buffed... I have 164k... but if you look at the logs, he takes roughly 30-35% more damage than I do. The gm realizes this though luckily
    We're both about ilvl 350 btw. 119k is plenty for heroics assuming you have enough mastery stacked on your pally (I have 60% block in my gear heh).
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.