Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted

Our health care.
    Our bacon, soo tasty
    Our government sucks at the moment, however, i hope that it will change after election later this year.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eightace View Post

I Love my country because....

Free health care, it may be a little slow but they won't land you with a bill for tens of thousands of pounds.

Rich history, we owned half the world at some point and founded many of the other countries in this thread.

Traditions, The royal family, parades and some great orchestras.

Such a wide variety of people, the accents can change every few miles. you can usually guess where someone is from just by the way they speak.
    Hihi, and how Romans and Danish Vikings founded England, I kinda love that. :P

Last edited by shögon; 2011-01-11 at 12:14 PM. Reason: work dammit

Nationalism is the cage which keeps human kind from progressing. My country is the Earth.
    Yes I, Gwan?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frai View Post
    Nationalism is the cage which keeps human kind from progressing. My country is the Earth.
    Hell yeah! Terrans all the way! Lets go conquer some alien shit!

My country is the Earth, my anthem is The Internationale, my faith is progression towards a better future through Marxistic dialectic, my government is Freedom, Equality and Fraternity executed through the power of the people, my people is the masses oppressed by capitalism, their governments, their armies and their societies, and my pride is in knowing that no matter how great the enemy, no matter how many bigwigs smearing lies about us, no matter how many corrupt, powerhungry leaders have abused our name for their own sake, we will prevail. I'm a communist, where I live is irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Really? Everyone is friends?
    I love you dutches for this:

Best part in the world cup.
    Hahaha. /agree.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm Greek, but I live in Australia, so I'll do both.

Greece:
    I love our culture
    I love our food
    I love our women
    I love our scenery
    Esspreso Fredo
    The general atmosphere of the country.
    Φραππεδες!
    And finally, I love the way we handled our econom - Errr. Wait, what?

Australia:
    I love how, as opposed to Greece, our laws work.
    I love the myriad of people that make up the country.
    The countless opportunities available to everyone here.
    The fact that I can get delicious Greek food here without having to go to Greece.
    The fact that as of right now, half of Queensland has waterfront properties.
    Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobstarrr View Post
    This thread needs MORE Dutch.

I dont know what to say about our current state of affairs, alot of immigrants and politics is a mess atm.

I like our history, not so much the last 100 years because our queen fled before the germans even got close.
    I do like our naval history though, VoC and all that. The first multinational corporation in the world and the first company to issue stock!
    What up yankees, remember New York? New Amsterdam, just sayin.

Other than that people beat each other up at soccer matches, but when its the world cup or something suddenly everyone is friends.
    Love it.
    ^ THIS. Go dutch people, we own the internetz!

Deleted
    I dont like being Dutch and not proud of it.
    I wish i where Canadian of Swedish.

10+ Year Old Account

The Netherlands.
    I am a bit shocked to see the reactions of my fellow Dutch members (certainly not something I am familiar with amongst the people around me or other Dutch people on the internet). There is a lot to be proud of in this country.

The Golden Age, great historical cities, rich history, great food (boerenkool met rookworst, stampot, paling, kibbelingen, frikandellen? Mmm!), polders, dykes, national football team and individual amazing players, down-to-earth, legal weed and prostitution (yes this really has more positive than negative sides), great tradesman, New York (Nieuw Amsterdam), great language (although many will disagree) with great variety of interesting dialects.

Not to mention, it is really nice to live here. Great health care and overall state of living. Great infrastructure. Small country which makes everything relatively close.
    Half of the countries population lives beneath the sea level. We have the Deltaworks.
    Like an old English saying: God created the earth, but the Dutch created Holland.

Of course there is a lot to be less proud of, but doesn't that count for nearly every country? At the end of the day, it is great to live here and great to be Dutch and that is all that matters. One can have an above average life here very easily.

And also, I think there is no other country which can get so much into supporting and rooting for their team in a cheerful and friendly way with lots of partying (especially during Worldcup or Eurocup football). In Holland we call this the 'Orange Fever'.
    ORANJE BOVEN!
    Last edited by Horrid Crow; 2011-01-11 at 02:00 PM.

Australia.
    The beach. The babes. A shitload of public holidays.

What more can you ask for?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post

I'm from Canada and proud of it Some of the things I love about Canada are:
    Our Health Care - Its free, you can go to any hospital in any province and they will take care of whatever it is you need, as opposed to only being insured at a specific hospital.
    Our Heritage - Originally, there were the British and French to settle the west, and once that was taken care of, we needed people to live here. So we took (through propaganda and selective immigration) farmers from such places as The Ukraine, Slovakia, Austria, and other countries to make our culture. Therefore, we are a fairly large, multicultural country, and to add, we are bi-lingual.
    Our Military - Yeah, we don't have one. Its poorly funded, and I think we still use canons 0.o. While this fact leaves us poorly protected, it also ensures that we wont recklessly go to war on our own.
    Our Winters - Keeps our enemies (we have enemies?) or potential invaders at bay. It's just too damn cold to invade! Pretty, though.
    Equality - I can marry my boyfriend (if I chose to).
    Tim Horton's - 'Nuff said.
    It's not infectious, but it is technopathological.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Orgullo!
    "Before them the earth shakes, the heavens tremble, the sun and the moon darkened, and the stars no longer shine."

The rich British history, monarchy, democracy, traditions, free-will, our unique brand of comedy
    Last edited by Solus; 2011-01-11 at 02:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerikaya View Post
    There's more bosses after Saurfang?

Quote Originally Posted by Nudi View Post
    I got 99 problems, but a totem ain't one.
    Word.

Deleted
    Officially i have no country, but there is one in my heart.
    Earth is for everyone, i wish i lived so long ago in the time that there were no countries and borders, where everyone was free and could go anywhere he wanted.
    I see everyone as my brother or sister, uncle or aunt, i dont give a shit about nationalism.

I am no nationalist but an internationalist.

Edit: I see some people who are proud about their countries, while those countries have a very, very dirty history.
    Last edited by mmoc602e930669; 2011-01-11 at 02:44 PM.

pride isn't about what you are, it's about what you aren't

you're proud to be greek because of what you don't like, you feel luck you aren't that poor sob

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    Im from Canada and proud of it Some of the things I love about Canada are:
    Our Health Care - Its free, you can go to any hospital in any provence and they will take care of whatever it is you need, as opposed to only being insured at a specific hospital.
    Our Heritage - Originally, there were the British and French to settle the west, and once that was taken care of, we needed people to live here. So we took (through propoganda and selective immigration) farmers from such places as The Ukraine, Solvakia, Austria, and other countries to make our culture. Therefore, we are a fairly large, multicultural country, and to add, we are bi-lingual.
    Our Military - Yeah, we dont have one. Its poorly funded, and I think we still use canons 0.o. While this fact leaves us poorly protected, it also ensures that we wont recklessly go to war on our own.
    Our health care isn't exactly free. We indirectly pay for it through income tax, sales tax, and other fees. If you live in British Columbia, you have to pay a monthly premium depending on your income bracket.

And we do have a military. In fact, our forces are considered some of the best in the world. What we lack in numbers we make up for in superior training and discipline. That being said, our equipment sort of sucks. It's a common joke in Halifax to take cover when a CH-124 flies overhead, due to "bolts falling off". Our CP-140's are very well maintained for their age though.

I'm gonna go a different route though and introduce some Provincial patriotism, since Canada is so big. (Surprised some Americans haven't already!)

Nova Scotia (New Scotland)! One of the first four Canadian provinces to sign confederation in 1867, and home of some of the oldest settlements in North America, as well as the first permanent settlement in Canada (Port Royal, 1605), and the second in North America.

The good!:
    - History, as stated above, we have some of the longest running history in not only Canada, but North America as a whole. Nova Scotia was a key location in both World Wars (Bedford Basin served as a staging area for naval forces), and even previous wars including the War of 1812 and the American Revolution. Halifax Harbour served as a gateway for many immigrants to Canada as well. Most people born in Canada can trace their families back to arriving in Canada through Pier 21 in Halifax.
    - Scenery. Rugged terrain, old rocks, worn down rolling mountains, incredible amounts of lakes and streams, mixed forests, and gorgeous shorelines. I'll take the granite terrain of Peggy's Cove over Florida's plain white beaches any day.
    - The People. Along with Newfoundland, Nova Scotia has some of the friendliest folk in the country. If you need proof, ask anyone who might have themselves or had family that became stranded in Halifax following the 9/11 attacks.

The bad!:
    - Government. Currently held by the NDP party of Nova Scotia, they have been making some extremely poor fiscal decisions including renovating bathrooms in Government buildings with unnecessarily expensive toilet seats (what), and spending an extreme amount of money on snow removal last winter (which was one of the most mild and snow-less winters in a long time...)
    - Weather. While we do get a nice mild summer and an absolutely gorgeous and comfortable fall (known as indian summer to some), we do get some horrible weather patterns. Stuff like... rain and fog... hurricanes, or what's left of them... moist ocean air that pierces the soul in the winter... snowstorms, followed by rain, followed by freezing rain, followed by -20 temperatures, creating a solid slush and ice slick death trap. That and weather here is extremely unpredictable, like Tampa, Florida, except it's not always a thunderstorm that surprises you.
    - Sales tax. 15%, worst in the country. At the very least it's manageable, as food is not taxed, and neither are some essential services.

Tim Horton's - 'Nuff said.
    Enjoying a large 2 cream 1 sugar right at this very moment!
    red panda red panda red panda!

England, where the majority of people here are chavs who think they're the top dogs, and 90% of our schools' population are foreigners.

..Oh, you wanted good points? Hmm, I guess we get a good laugh out of the chavs? And.. I guess.. we don't have huge-ass spiders like Australia and the like does!

15+ Year Old Account
    Darnit, I'd have to post two countries..... Well here goes nothing...

Do I need to say more?

But the nationality I am most proud of... Which I will support till I die and will stare death into the eyes for...

I am an imperialistic nationalistic person, proud of both my bloodlines, proud of both nations.... Even tough what is happening nowadays. *cough*