Thread: Traps Failing?

Deleted

Traps Failing?

I've just recently dinged 85 on my alt hunter and have just started running instances to gear up for heroics. I've been given trapping duties a few times and most the time they are successful but occasionally when camouflaged (not sure this is relevant) I fire the ice trap with launcher and the mob either jumps a few yards sideways and is trapped, or runs straight over the top leaving my trap there and me looking like a tit.

Like I said I am by no means a hunter expert but haven't had any problems with traps in pve previously. Is it hit rating related or something? Any pro hunters help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Well, if the things you were trying to trap were those mages in Grim Batol in the 2nd bosses' room who are surrounding those chained gronns, then yeah... they jump a little.

Some mobs have buffs that make them immune to CC, you can remove these with tranq shot or by moving the mobs out of auras that give the effect. Also, if you do a MD and the tank is not in the right spot the mob may not hit your trap. Those are the only cases I have seen of traps not working.

If the mob is resisting your trap that is hit related. It sounds like you are not having that problem as you say your trap is left there.

It could possibly be latency related. The trap, atleast in my experience, takes a few seconds to become active. If you are trying to trap try getting frost trap further in front before they run towards it.
    As for moving sideways, I have seen this happen also with latency, where they activate the trap from beside it server side but on your end it looks like they are central (I watched from my wifes screen and the mobs were slightly different in position running towards the group). Also even with MD a mob will usually target and move to you for a second or so before the MD threat applies to the tank/target, so possibly they are zig zagging at the start towards you/healer making the trap activate away a little.

My experience with my hunter is not at 85 so not sure what camouflage may be doing, its very possible its bugging when using a trap from within camo.

I camo trap all the time, it is awesome. The mobs cant attack you w/o getting into melee range, so all the casters move away from the CC. Then MD to the tank when they are clear. No need to silence pull anymore.