Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian View Post
    Oh yes you can.
    I know I can, but I was just pretending to be polite

10+ Year Old Account
    Feral pvp 4piece set bonus question.

Maybe I'm forgetful, but didn't the 15% faster movement speed use to work inside houses, dungeons etc. (anywhere where you can't mount and so on.) prior to patch 4.3?

As it is right now, the set bonus only kicks in when your outside, in mountable areas..

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaxai View Post

Maybe I'm forgetful, but didn't the 15% faster movement speed use to work inside houses, dungeons etc. (anywhere where you can't mount and so on.) prior to patch 4.3?

As it is right now, the set bonus only kicks in when your outside, in mountable areas..
    It specifically says only active outdoors, if it worked indoors at some point, it must've been a bug

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey all, I honestly haven't played for 1 week, and barely logged in last 4-5. Seriously thinking of not going back either. Therefore, updating this guide may find delays or no update at all, only future can tell. Nontheless, let's see where I can help you guys out with!

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaxai View Post

This set bonus exists for ages now, and it has always worked indoors. It isn't in the patch-notes as far as I've seen, so it's either a stealth-nerf or unintended.

Quote Originally Posted by Obblivion View Post
    It specifically says only active outdoors, if it worked indoors at some point, it must've been a bug
    It does indeed say "only active outdoors". However, it never said this before and has always worked indoors.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad1522 View Post
    Freaking awesome work. Nicely done.

Just kinda wish this stuff would find its way onto wowpedia and get updated my more people instead of one person writing one piece and then disappearing from updating it a few patches later.
    I didn't disappear (yet) if you mean me, and if it wasn't for all my friends quitting WoW, I wouldn't be thinking of doing the same. Anyway, as long as I'm here and as long as I'm playing I'll try to keep this up to date.

Luckily for me, 4.3 didn't bring that many game breaking things (regarding a Feral PvP Guide) yet, so I hopefully have enough time to think about how to go on without decreasing the quality of this guide to much.

10+ Year Old Account
    This set bonus exists for ages now, and it has always worked indoors. It isn't in the patch-notes as far as I've seen, so it's either a stealth-nerf or unintended.
    I can't for the life of me remember it working indoors. Cat Bonus didn't use to work indoors either, but that was changed.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've honestly never noticed a difference between my outdoor and indoor speed, and I never wear anything else than the PvP set so I should've noticed by now. ^^ Maybe it's just me not having done anything besides logging in to check the AH once every few days for too long though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even the level 60 set has the outdoors bonus and has had it since its inception

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm almost 100% certain it worked indoors before. The reason is that I remember that I used to switch my gear from pve to pvp (for the speed set bonus) whenever I came to sethekk halls to solo farm for the Anzu mount, just to plow through the instance faster.

But your right, the tooltip does say "only works outdoors" now.
    Last edited by Kanaxai; 2011-12-09 at 11:27 AM.

Are you sure you arent experiencing the speed buff from your boot enchants? I dont remember the 4piece working in instances, unless it was and "outdoor" instance, like ZF or Firelands.

Neway hate to see you go, really enjoy your guide

15+ Year Old Account
    First off, merry X-mas to y'all!

Have been PvP'ing a bit again lately, there's absolutely no difference as far as the movement speed goes compared to how it was pre 4.3. It has always worked like this. In my confusion I said it has always worked indoors, because I didn't notice a difference between 4.2 and 4.3 speed. However, it never worked indoors and it still doesn't, and they simply edited the text in the item.

Hey guys, I thought this might be the right threat to ask my little question:
    So I have these 3 weapons: Kiril, Fury of the Beasts(NORMAL), Spire of Coagulated Globules(HEROIC) and of course Cataclysmic Gladiator's Staff(T1).
    I think the PvP-weapon is the weakest of the 3, because not only has it the lowest damage, I'm also at 4.1k resil without it (only weapon and Vial of Shadows[H] are PvE). So whats to prefer? Weapondamage and a ton of stats or an incredible strong proc? I tend to use Kiril due to the proc beeing simply unbeatable and beeing able to swap to the resil weapon without losing my hitcap.
    At the moment I'm mostly doing 2s (ret/feral) and BGs. But I'm looking forward to RBG and 3s.
    what do you think?

thanks in advance
    Elu

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey Elumaria! Sorry for the late response, but sadly, I've quit the game by now. Therefore, anyone should correct me if I'm wrong, as I completely missed patch 4.3. However, I don't think I am as far as this subject goes.

Anyway, I'd go with Spire of Coagulated Globules, and then just find your way around so you're not too much over the hitcap (You'll probably need to reforge some hit rating on other items into Mastery). The reason for this is, that weapon damage highly affects our damage nowadays, and this is simply the weapon with most weapon damage (not to mention the +65 Agility, +52 Stamina and +409 Mastery compared to Kiril, Fury of Beasts)

The proc seems nice however, but it seems it sounds better than it actually is. I obviously haven't tested it, but judging from what "a friend" says, and the wowhead comments, there seems to be an 60 second ICD on it, not to mention the "full buff" doesn't last 20 seconds, as it starts counting on the first proc, so basically you'll only have 1070 Agility for 10 seconds, every 60 seconds (at max.), and obviously a lesser bonus during the other 10 seconds. The static stats you'll gain from the other weapon will outweight this in the end. The PvP staff is probably your 3rd choice, especially when you're still on 4.1k resi without it.

Hope that was still somewhat helpful!

- Cheers, Lashed
    Last edited by Balduvian; 2012-02-22 at 10:48 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey everyone! Although I've quit, here's something nice you could look at: Pericth 5 - In depth Feral Tutorial.

It's an up to date Feral tutorial video by Pericth, and it's worth it for starters! Enjoy!

So should i use 397 pvp weapon or 390 Kiril, 2s and rbgs is what i mainly do

kiril 390 < globules 397 < t1 < kiril 403 < globules 410 < t2 < kiril 416
    shamdruid
    og vanilla player

hey, guys. the link on the talent section is redirecting to MoP calculator. can it perhaps be fixed somehow?

Major necro and I don't think they will ever support private servers...

15+ Year Old Account
    This thread has long lived it's usefulness. Closing.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre