Are PvE disc priests going for 4 pc T11?

I think I may actually pass up the tier set : / I just can't seem to justify the stat loss with our current bonuses.

um is this even a question.....yes all disc priest will be using the pve 4pce even though its not as amzing as it is for holy

The spirit gain is rather huge and the two pieces would need to be pretty awful in comparison to their replacements for it to not be worth it. Keep in mind that even if you have four terrible pieces, you gain about three or four pieces worth of spirit just from the bonus. Even less desired stats do give you -something-, and the bonus certainly accounts for three pieces worth of spirit. Seems silly to pass up something with such huge benefits unless all five of our tier pieces had only stam int and hit.

Considering the changes to SoS and ToT i'll sure as hell be going for 4p
    link to my desktop and laptop on imgur
    Speccs on desktop: MK Asus Sabertooth X58, 1x 1TB Western Digital RE4, 1x 120gb OCZ SSD Vertex3, CPU Core i7 950, 3,2GHz, Corsair 12GB DDR3
    2x GK PCIe GB GF GTX 580 3GB GDDR5 ( ) Corsair Obsidian 650D, PSU OCZ ZX-series 850W 80+ GOLD, 3x Samsung 22'' Screens
    And a 27" BenQ G2750

I can't imagine anyone passing up a free 540 spirit; I mean, is it really likely you'll be able to achieve anything close to similar stats from the alternatives? Highly unlikely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which set pieces are you going for as disc by the way?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adelle View Post
    Which set pieces are you going for as disc by the way?
    Since mastery seems only to get better (due to PW:S buff and PoH change) and haste always is neat and critical rating is way more random than mastery/haste, I would probably skip either the headpiece or the chestpiece.

You can forexample go for (normal modes):
    Robes of the Burning Acolyte for +218 mastery or
    Helm of Eldritch Authority for +208 haste
    ^these two seems to be the ones to get maximum out of either haste or mastery for the slot, with a slight difference in spirit.
    Last edited by mmoc1eddfb2d45; 2011-01-13 at 10:50 PM. Reason: added ^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooc View Post
    Since mastery seems only to get better (due to PW:S buff and PoH change) and haste always is neat and critical rating is way more random than mastery/haste, I would probably skip either the headpiece or the chestpiece.

You can forexample go for (normal modes):
    Robes of the Burning Acolyte for +218 mastery or
    Helm of Eldritch Authority for +208 haste
    ^these two seems to be the ones to get maximum out of either haste or mastery for the slot, with a slight difference in spirit.
    Nice math. A moot point though as noone in their right mind would EVER wear those shoulders.

I definitely wouldn't skip on 4pcT11, for a couple of reasons.

First, you get 540 bonus spirit buff with an uptime that can from poor to great depending on how much you adjust your play to it. 540 spirit represents ~3 major pieces worth of spirit and definitely shouldn't be ignore just because we aren't Holy.

Second, the Tier gear is always a sure bet. You can buy your first two or three pieces with Valor Points. You can also get lucky with Barradin Hold. Also, Tokens for the helm and shoulders are guaranteed drops. Of course, there will be alot of competition for them, but you are still assured to get them eventually.

Third, you'll definitely want the set if you ever want to spec Holy.

Lastly, reforging makes it easier to favor one secondary stat over another.

Deleted
    I'll be going for it. Hoping to avoid shoudlers due to awful graphic.
    Not sure how much uptime we'll get on the buff compared to holy - they can easily get close to 100% uptime, disc I reckon should get 80-90% with glyphed penance. Maybe more if you have evangelism to reduce penance CD.