Thread: Archaeology

Archaeology

Ok I am level 79 and I am really tired of northrend. I was wondering how long it would take to get from 79-80 on arch. and also what is the general conept on how it works?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    i went from 72 to 74 in about 4 hours. also went from 0-225 archaeology. you think northrend is boring? try doing arch O_o

I was going to try it but how do you get exp? I am guessing by solving the frags?

If from 79-80 is anything like my experience of leveling from 84-85 via archaeology, it will take about two to three times as long to level that way as opposed to questing.

Archaeology is incredibly frustrating and boring.

you get experience every time you find fragments. It uses rested experience also same as mining/herbing would.
    At 82 on my paladin im getting 19250 experience per dig rested. This means I can sit around 600k-1mil Exp per hour while doing other things.

I decided to do Arch on my paladin now simply because it is fairly boring but I can do quests later for extra gold, the experience from Arch is gone forever at max level.

Deleted
    Leveled from 83-85 with archaeology. Took a good while. 10-12k xp per dig aka 30-36k xp each digsite.

10+ Year Old Account
    22% through 81 on an alt, and I hit 44% through 83 from 0-525 arch. That was with rested some of the way.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

You can just go to vasj'ir or mount hyjal at lvl 78

Quote Originally Posted by justme123 View Post
    You can just go to vasj'ir or mount hyjal at lvl 78
    Quests aren't really available until 80.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathStigma View Post
    Ok I am level 79 and I am really tired of northrend. I was wondering how long it would take to get from 79-80 on arch. and also what is the general conept on how it works?
    You would have a lot more fun attacking the undead in Icecrown, naked, doing only unarmed damage than using Archeology to level. That being said, it is a good idea to start archeology now - level it up so you have better opportunities to get the troll sword or dwarf staff, they're good pre-raid weapons.

Also to help with Archeology, the addon "archy" was posted on the news page a few days back - get it. It's pretty decent and makes the leveling process simpler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    "Idiocracy" becoming reality in the US, "Planet of the Apes" becoming a reality in Europe.