Poll: Best Money Making Professions?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    JC is doing me pretty well right now. Elementium Ore prospects for about double it's value on my server, and I can usually sell cut gems for about 10-15g above the cost of the raw gems.

Alchemy is... pretty pathetic, actually. Flasks are terribad unless you can get an exceptional deal on mats, the pot market is dead, and transmutes are limited to about 150g a day (doing Life to Air, the most profitable xmute atm).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinuviel View Post
    If i had a jeweler i would have mathed it out you know, i don't need your help... I only math out things related to my professions (for example, i'm herborist/inscription, but i also use flasks and mana pots, so i mathed out that they sell for a loss at the AH, so i'm better off buying those of the AH, than buying/farming herbs and asking a mate to do these for me). So yes i made have said words i shouldn't, but you shouldn't assume i'm too dumb to do the simple maths you exposed. It's just useless to me since i can't make any profit out of it. I could maybe save 1k gold a month by asking a mate to prospect for me, but i can't be bothered enough to do it.

And there is more to that, you can't compare prices on your server and on mine, elementium could very well be selling for twice the price... Or even more.

I didn't talked about potions in my previous post, since last time i heard about mana pots (aka, i made 200 of them), they were selling for 30g a pop, which is almost exactly equal to the mats price (on my server).
    Oh I am sorry thought that maybee someone else could come arround this thread and get a bit of information, my bad.

I am sorry that you started a poll asking for someones opinion and because aof you cant do it, it doesnt count, sorry mate. btw never assumed you couldnt do the math, by now I know it, else you wouldnt be so offending.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mining and Herb for me.
    Do you like Guacamole?

10+ Year Old Account
    the only one I saw who capped gold on my server and had insane gold on alt was JC/tailor during wrath days, he was on top raiding server so had access to all end-raiding recipes
    2nd most rich one was also JC but alchemy

I'd say JC is 100% winner during wrath, cata is still not fully shaped to judge but it seems inscrpition is actually most money making if you know how to play it right
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Vmaster View Post
    Create Lifebound Alchemist Stone with Alchemy. The mats are relatively cheap. Disenchant it with Enchanting which will create a Maelstrom Crystal.
    Rinse, repeat.
    You will be rich soon.
    Depends on the server. On Medivh the trinket mats are worth more than the crystal.

herbing and mining, this is pretty constant

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    i'm selling level 30-40 glyph for 150g so...

anyway 3-4 of them together or you'll saturate the market

log your alts wih alchemy+JC >transmute and JC daily
    check AH with Enchanting for crap greenies that can be DEed
    buy cheap herbs and make expensive glyphs
    buy elemetnium > prospect > cut > resell

no more need of keep missing those damned fish/fire pools while fishing -.-

Deleted
    get real life job => earn money => buy gold from gold sellers => laugh at noobs farming gold

Quote Originally Posted by Skrunch View Post
    Just wondering what people consider to be the best money making profession

Tailoring wouldn't fit!
    so you left out Tailoring, a very profitable Profession, but you felt the need to put the least profitable profession (engineering) on there?
    anyone who's played this game for more than a week knows that engineering sucks for making money.

to answer your post, i think it's between Alchemy, Jewelcrafting and Enchanting. sure enchanting is costly at first, but once you are able to make the good enchants, you'll make bank

10+ Year Old Account
    Alchemy and Herbalism.