Deleted

Display the "glow" on a macro button

Hi there, I did a search but found nothing so please pardon me if there is already something related here.

I would like to know if (and, if yes, how) we can make a macro spell button "glow" like the original spell button when ability is ready/usable/procced.

Example : I play ret and when mastery procs (or soon the new Divine Purpose talent, effect will be the same), I get a buff named "Hand of Light" and, in my action bars, the spells which use Holy Power get a glowing yellow border, you know, bright moving yellow stuff around them. This is pretty useful to my mind.

when I make a macro like this :

#showtooltip
    /cast Templar's Verdict

it does not glow when HoL procs. Is there a way to make it happen ? I just wish I could change the icon of the spell without losing that glowing-yellow-stuff functionality.

Thanks

Deleted
    tryed to specific the spell name after showtooltip?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    #showtooltip Templar's Verdict
    /cast Templar's Verdict

should theoretically do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetalisker View Post
    /cast Templar's Verdict

should theoretically do the trick.
    Have had that with my own macro, and that doesn't work unfortunately, I would really like to know if theres a solution to this aswell

wow.curse. com/downloads/wow-addons/details/lightmymacro.aspx

Deleted
    Code:
    #show Templar's Verdict
    /cast Templar's Verdict
    In this case the "Templar's Verdict" after #show and #showtooltip is redundant. Just showing to illustrate for more complex examples. That is, for the simple example above it should be,

Code:
    #show 
    #showtooltip 
    /cast Templar's Verdict
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2011-01-08 at 12:52 PM.

Using #show AND #showtooltip is dumb. Just use #showtooltip.

Deleted
    Code:
    #show 
    #showtooltip 
    /cast Templar's Verdict
    it does'nt work :<

So there is no way to do this without downloading an AddOn ? I try to avoid stacking too much addons, I mean to do this it would have to check each time I get a buff if this is HoL, then put a texture onto a button ... it means stored variables and so on (+maybe a f*cking GUI configuration ?) ...

Guess I'll stick to the original ugly icon

Doesn't work with Bartender, however...

Get this is if you use a Bar mod or macroed abilities. Works alongside PowerAuras to show the glow on specific things.

PAC: Buttons

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator