Page 36 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I just dont see a reason to legalizing it, its dangerous... and we have enough dangerous and addictive things in the world today :P

Deleted
    If you wanna smoke it, do it. Just don't push anyone else into it and/or start stealing so you can afford it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnalz View Post
    I just dont see a reason to legalizing it, its dangerous... and we have enough dangerous and addictive things in the world today :P
    yes sir 0 deaths in 10000 years are bad , just as bad like 30000 deaths from alcohol every year...

Deleted
    Care about weed. If you like it, do it.. your own thing. I don't like it, I see it as a waste of everything and a useless thing, but I'm not going to call you retarded or blame you

Quote Originally Posted by Dassen View Post
    Recent studies show that THC may attach itself to the mutated cells that cause cancer and kill them.
    It's not a miracle cure for cancer, but it can fight against certain types of it, so it might be able to help you more than you know.
    I'm not going to bother with sources, if people are so stuck up they can find them themselves.
    God damn I would laugh so hard if cannabis turned out to be the cure for cancer. After making it illegal because blacks and hispanics would go "crazy" after the smoked and "look at a white woman twice" or even making it illegal AGAIN because communists would use it as a "truth serum" it turns around and gives them the finger for being ignorant jackasses.

yes sir 0 deaths in 10000 years are bad , just as bad like 30000 deaths from alcohol every year...
    For something to be dangerous it doesn't have to be lethal. Weed has been known to "incapacitate people". Which actually costs the NHS (I live in England) much more than someone simply dying.

i see ppl who use weed as "weak" because they cant deal with life and all the shit it throws at them.
    idc if you use it for yourself on your own time, cuz that isn't hurting anyone. but if you get high and drive thats where i get pissed, same with drunk driving
    "The instinct of self-preservation? You call it that. Yes, i will sink my teeth into life. Fuck your evolution. Let other species wait their turn. I'm not a lamb being led to the slaughter."
    ~Hunter

What is better, to be born good? or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?
    ~Paarthurnax
    my attempts at being funny with skyrim

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnalz View Post
    In what way is it dangerous? Can you please give some examples of ways in which it is dangerous, backed up with empirical data, rather than pseudoscience and/or propaganda?

As for my stance?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    In what way is it dangerous? Can you please give some examples of ways in which it is dangerous, backed up with empirical data, rather than pseudoscience and/or propaganda?

As for my stance?

Carl Sagan had a good viewpoint (and happens to be my role model). Smoke a little and maybe you too will come up with the theories he did!
    To quote the great sage Ook Ook, "you can take the derk out of the jib, but you shouldn't put the jib in the derk."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelyor View Post
    For something to be dangerous it doesn't have to be lethal. Weed has been known to "incapacitate people". Which actually costs the NHS (I live in England) much more than someone simply dying.
    so you agree that dangerous things like alcohol and cigaretts are legal and it is OK and something far less dangerous like marijuana is not legal ?

Quote Originally Posted by kaelyor View Post
    Wanna know what's more dangerous than weed, alcohol, meth or any other type of drug?

Stupid people.

EVERY YEAR THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE DIE TO STUPID PEOPLE. One day you could be walking down the street and someone high on stupid could hit you and kill you. Maybe that guy flying your plane from Chicago to Iowa had a drink of stupid before taking off. Maybe your own mother is smoking stupid RIGHT NOW.

Do your part and help stop stupidity by not mating with morons.

This has been a public service announcement by the Foundation for a Better Tomorrow

Deleted
    Hi guys and gals.

I play WoW and read this site all the time, but have never posted here and decided to join to post about this..

I am the mother of two grown up children. A son of 27 and a daughter of 25.

They smoked weed. They both started in their early twenties when my influence on them was no longer as strong as it once was.

I didn't like it of course (as a mother, you don't like a lot of things your kids do and my pleading for them to stop fell on deaf ears.

My son, after one year of smoking Sunk on and off, developed a major psychosis, is now on a psychiatric ward pumped full of anti-psychotics.

Half the time they don't work properly, so when I speak to him, I am never sure if he will be with me in this world or in his own. His life is over. The doctors say that around 30% of people with a psychotic illness are resistant to many of the drugs out there.

My daughter, who smoked weed more often than my son, is now also in the same place...diagnosed with a major psychotic illness 4 months ago. The drugs are helping her, but there are major side effects. She will have to stay on them but will not be able to lead a normal life again.

I now have two children whose lives have been ruined by this stuff. I am devastated. I feel so guilty for not being able to make them stop.
    Imagine knowing that there is a chance your children will never be happy again because of this 'harmless' hobby.

The medical profession has come to the conclusion that smoking this may well kick off a psychotic illness if you are predisposed to it,thing is, how do you know if you are. There is no one in either of our families who has a history of this..how could they have known?

I am not going to say stop doing it. I have no right to tell anyone what to do with their lives at all. I am posting it as a warning. Please please think about what you are doing and ask yourself if the risk is worth it.

Thanks for reading this and I hope it may make some of you thoughtful.

Jacqueline

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaxis View Post
    I have basically 0 tolerance for smoking, drinking, and drugs of any kind. That includes weed.
    I'm not going to attempt to change your opinion, because I have a feeling that would be like trying to argue atheism with a Christian. I just want to make a couple of points, not as an argument, but as something that I hope you will read and have a think about, and hopefully come out feeling better off.

Quote Originally Posted by Synaxis View Post
    I have never been doing something and thought, "Gee, I sure wish my capacity to fully understand what's going on at the moment, and the ability to react accordingly, was hindered by substances of questionable legality and safety! Boy, it sure would be fun to get into a state of mind that makes me seem either like an asshole, like a moron, or completely mentally vacant! Yessir!"
    A couple of things about this statement:
    - The way you have worded this (and your entire post) gives me the impression that you're very afraid of change, of growth, and of accepting other people's opinions. You feel as though you have the world worked out in your head, and you've convinced yourself that there's nothing more to it than what you know right now. You wish the world would just stop moving, because you're happy with your world, and if the world around you keeps changing, eventually yours will as well.
    - It is people in those situations who, in my opinion, are most likely to start using drugs. The difference between you and those people though, is that you are happy with feeling as though your life is complete, that you know everything you need to know. The people who will turn to drugs though, they want something different. They want to experience a different life, a different reality. That is after all why people take drugs: it gives them a different experience to what they see every day.

To a mature, curious person (forget the teenagers peer pressured in to smoking weed, that's a different issue entirely), a drug is a learning experience. How much can you really know about yourself unless you've been put in to the most extreme situations? I fully believe that a drug experience is a positive one, regardless of how negative the experience at the time may or may not have felt. Just like experiencing a family death, or being in a car crash, a fist fight, or even something like a bungy jump. These things all alter your state of mind and allow you to view the world differently. How you feel and how you react to different situations is what allows us to grow as people and learn about ourselves.

It's nothing to do with being a lazy stoner. It's about feeling the freedom to experience.

Have a think about what taking a drug really means. You seem to have a very, very warped idea of what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

I'm 20 years old. I'm not a heavy consumer, but I do it like once every 2 days, or even more often. My parents are both doctors, and have been for a long time. Both of them know I do this regularly, moreover my father does it too, from time to time (like on special occasions), and both of them have no problem whatsoever with me consuming weed. I'm no slacker, nor have I wasted my life on weed, contrary to what some alleged chemists, biologists or w/a, said in this thread.

Whoever says weed is a transition "drug" (currently laughing at the notion "drug"), is only half right. If you're retarded, and can't think for yourself, then yeah, it's a transition substance. I've never been into anything else, but weed...like I said, I've been using it almost daily since like 17, and I'm doing fine. Maybe even better than fine...financially and health-wise.

I think anyone who keeps saying that weed is bad and so on - even if they have NEVER tried it, should reconsider posting on general opinion forums such as this, because they influence unknowing people into consuming or not consuming THC, which is sad. I will give my son/daughter his first joint on his 18th birthday, with all the necessary details. He/she will decide what's to it.

//btw, if I add up the quantity of alcohol I drink throughout a year, I think it will result in something like 1-2 bottles of wine. Alcohol is a much more dangerous substance for your brain, and is the main enemy of intelligence, eating away at your neurons in time, finally turning you into an aggressive husk. I've seen alcohol at its worst, and it is no where near compared to a life of smoking - or consuming if you will - weed.
    Last edited by Legion; 2011-01-09 at 11:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

since there is 37 pages on this topic there doesn't seem like much to add.

all i can say is the ppl raging over weed/drink/cigs .. you need to lighten the fk up, if you've never tried a joint before i think its about time.

you only live once.

Deleted
    I personalized do not have anything against weed , however I do not smoke it myself not do I think I ever will.

My issue with weed is that most people I know that are quite active users so to speak tend to be failures and are focused too much on it.
    This of course doesn't mean everyone is like that but I sometimes get the impression that those who defend it most only have weed in their life.
    I'm a Dutch citizen and thus live in a "world" where weed is legal , this comes with it's up- and downsides. For example if my memory serves me correct the percentage of users of weed in the Netherlands is lower than the US.
    Downside is currently drug tourism as some regions (mainly the ones near the neighboring countries) have had some issues with the influx of foreign people.

I do however feel that in itself the substance doesn't have harmful effects , how you deal with it however is a totally different question.

Living in the university dorms I find that weed is simply distasteful.

I don't want to hear about your fap folder, but I don't care that you have one. The same goes for weed. I have a lot of friends who smoke it, but I don't hang around them when they do. It doesn't make them bad people or anything, I just prefer not to hang around them when they are high because suddenly everything becomes funnier to them and they act silly.

As long as people keep it to themselves (or do it around others who are all doing it) I don't have a problem with it.

But God help you the next time you come into my room stoned and try to eat all my food.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rethea View Post
    Carl Sagan had a good viewpoint (and happens to be my role model). Smoke a little and maybe you too will come up with the theories he did!
    He was the most brilliant man who ever lived, in my opinion.
    I don't think he has ever done or said something that I disagree with.

Deleted
    Im never gonna try it. Its a drug and i think all drugs are bad. Im ok with people smoking it but HATE people who brags about it. I've had several occasions where they either brag about it on the internet or just brag about it in IRL. Pisses me of! I think drugs are bad even if its not dangerous its in the same category as Ecstasy. I simply won't hear about it but you can smoke all you will, smoke till you die for all i care.

And im not trying to be angry in this post