Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LonesomeCrowdedWest- View Post
    You do not get withdrawal headaches from being away from marijuana. It isn't possible. As much as I hate to say it, it's your brother, not the marijuana. If it were something else besides marijuana I would highly doubt you would view it in the same light. I know we all love WoW here. If he played WoW so much he didn't do his homework and began failing in school, would you blame it on WoW? Or would you say he just plays it too much. Some people play WoW so much that it has a negative affect on their lives, but for the vast majority it does not. Same goes with marijuana.
    I would just like to say that I agree with this. In the past, I was one of the people who used WoW to medicate my depression. I played it way too damn much. Woke up, went to school, discussed raid tactics in the middle of class, came home from school, ignored all my work and played WoW until bed time. I knew I was addicted, and I didn't care. My parents blamed my crappy behavior on "that damned game, it's that damned game that you play all the time that's making you act like a total idiot!"
    So many fights over WoW. Truth is, people will try to find a scapegoat for crappy behavior anywhere, even when the truth is right in front of their faces. It wasn't the game that made me a total failure back then, it was myself.

Edit: I'm quite burnt out on this topic, but if you'd like me to repost statistics and such from long lost pages, I would gladly do so =)
    I have men kneeling at my feet, asking for my hand in heroics. ~Raechelle, Ysera

Armoury:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...echelle/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    My sibling/friend/bf/gf started smoking in age of 15, he/she smoked daily for 5 years, now he/she has changed
    Hello. First off, make a 15 year old use any drug daily for 5 years and I'll bet my left arm that most people will change, no matter what the drug is.
    Second, using any drug daily, is a gamble. It will require strong mental health but in the end, it's very distinctivel whether you can handle it or not.
    I propably couldn't. But as I started using in my early 20's I knew my own limits are the weekends, I definitely didn't know my limits when I was 15.
    The bonus here is that weed has very minimal withdrawals, mentally and physically unlike many other drugs like alcohol, which withdrawals can kill you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    im sorry but this post is so ignorant that i dont know wether to laugh or cry

you tell someone that has REAL experience of how marijuana effected his brother, and yet you who have no real knowledge of the situation , tell him he is lying - because the situation doesnt apply to you it doesnt mean that it cant happen

addiction is defined as when any act starts to cause problems to your life or the lifes of people around you. you drug users need to wake up to the fact that marijuana can effect people diffrently and that stories like the one you replied to are common, there is a reason why it is illegal and its becauseto some it can be a trivial drug, and to others it can be life shattering

your point about withdrawels is a falsehood aswel, weed stays in the bloodstream longer than anyother controled substance, weed users have reported having a "haze" for a few days after a heavy intake,

and if all these people can stop smoking weed so easily then why dont they? people would consider it a problem if you drink alcohol all the time, but weed smokers dont seem to realise that being high all the time is just as irritating to sober people around you, yet they always claim to be able to stop at any time - yet they never prove this im sure heroin addicts claim they can stop at anytime aswel, but the rational people can see that they are telling lies

Ignorant? Im sorry if being a little blunt came across that way. But no where in your response did you have anything really countering what I was saying. Addictive personalities can be life shattering. Take a look at some of the kids that play this game we share. I don't have to find links to reports or post youtube videos on how hooked some kids get. But, I guess you are right. WoW should be illegal. Im positive it has destroyed more then a few homes.

Or, wait, you brought up alcohol? I know in a comparison, and you weren't supporting it. But wait, its legal. How many lives and families have been destroyed because of that?

Something, people that are on that side of the argument, such as yourself, need to realize is that not all of us make bad decisions because we smoke weed on occasion. Some of us don't smoke it non-stop to life shattering results. It hasn't controlled my life, and it hasn't controlled many of the people that I know smoke it as well.

You can't argue on the extremities unless you want to across the bored.

You can have:
    1. Everything is regulated and the government holds our hands until we die (Protecting us from all the horrible frightening stuff! Oh government save me!) No more WoW T_T
    2. Or we can make our own decisions! Make choices based on thought and reasoning. Teach our children how to think for themselves, consequences, repercussions and the like. Knowledge is power!
    3. or...... We can continue on the path we have chosen so far for many many years and all be hypocritical morons that say one things and then do another and back track when it fits the purpose...

I want #2 please. Sorry if I like making choices for myself.

Side note. Once again, sorry if I offended anyone with replying about his brothers situation. But I think you are still incorrect and the simple fact remains, if you are going to blame it on the weed. What else? He was having a bad night? Something distracted him? Im not sure how to best to explain it, but hell, being born led him up to that moment in life where he made the decision that resulted in the accident. You want to blame his birth?

I agree, I dont know the circumstance and I wasn't trying to guess at it. But it was that mans decisions that led him to the accident, not because he was smoking... or even because smoking had become a problem for him. It was because he decided to let it get to that point.

BTW, (one last time i promise) weed does not cause withdraws. Look it up if you want. Yes it stays in your system, longer then most drugs. You are right. But the effect of it wears off for the most part after the initial high (unless you eat it, then it last longer). But that has nothing to do with withdraws and addiction. Also, once again, weed does not have a chemical addiction. Believe the propaganda if you will, but it is habit forming. Yes. (this can be called an addiction! for all those that think I am saying it is not! It can be addicting just as WoW can be addicting!). But it is not addicting like other drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, caffeine. Weed doesn't cause you to lust after it because of chemicals in your system. Its been proven. Its undisputed only unless you turn a blind eye. There are no head aches or side effects after.

If you really want to get into it. I'll give you the one downside to it. The only argument you have against me that I can't really refute is that it can have an effect on short term memory due to the effect it has on you at the time. If you smoke to much, of course its going to screw you and your life up. It becomes way to hard to operate. But, many many people don't get into this situation. People should have the ability to not subcome, just like you can't with gambling, or other drugs, or even WoW.

How much do you want to control the lives of others simply because some people are not able to make wise decisions? Behind your philosophy we should have a lot less drivers on the road.

---------- Post added 2011-01-11 at 06:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tiglits View Post
    It's even more ignorant to think that BECAUSE he's a teacher that he's going to push his ideas on people.

You can't say there has never been a death from weed; indirectly, there sure has been via driving high, just being stupid, or anything of the sort. It's happened; you can't deny that. I'll give you that you can't really overdose on it, but still. Alcohol? Well. It's both direct and indirect. Because it's legal and has been legal, we've seen a lot more of it, and we've seen the results of it a lot more. If weed were legalized, we don't know that indirect deaths wouldn't skyrocket or not.
    I completely support legalizing it, by the way.

(And just a side-note, personal attacks aren't alright.)
    I sorta see your point of reasoning, but what about all the indirect/direct deaths from other things. Alcohol you mentioned, thats a popular one. Gambling. Well there's the addiction, the crime surrounding it...
    Did you know there have been cases of people dying from playing to much WoW? Crazy, I know... But its messed up plenty of lives as well...

Why are there not laws in place against these things? Oh yah, because people are taught about them growing up. They learn what these things can do and the possible results of what they can have on them, their lives, and the people around them. Then these people make a choice. A good one or a bad one.

Also, deaths wouldn't sky rocket. I may be wrong, cause I have no backing, but in California at least (I argue what I see) the people that will get behind the wheel stoned are already getting behind the wheel stoned. If they made that decision, they are not going to not make it cause weed is illegal. The rest of us with a head and a conscious on our shoulders will not get into the car right after smoking and drive as some would say "Under the influence".
    Last edited by Cel; 2011-01-11 at 07:13 AM.

Deleted
    I wonder why would one want to smoke weed.
    1) lay on bed safely
    2) hold your breath as long as you can
    3) after you cannot hold breath anymore breath as fast as you can like 20 times taking maximally full lunges each time
    4) relax and enjoy the nirvana ;-)

Deleted
    I Dont drink, but i do take a Smoke sometimes here and there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm everywhere and nowhere at the same time!
    Where I live weed it's ilegal, but you can like say, go to the nearest corner and buy it like candy. I never smoked it not even thinking too. From all the scientific studies I've seen in my life about it, I say legalize it, it's the people bsnz if they use it. Marijuana does exactly the same as Alcohol, you can get addicted or not, if you abuse of it you can have serious problems, you can do stupid things or you can not, you can be a professional or you can become a nobody. It's really relative.

About the drugdealers and stuff, there will be always drugdealers no matter what, if you legalize marijuana theres plenty a numerous amount of other drugs they can still sell. But the most common is the weed, so probably it will hurt their economy a bit and help the goverment and etc.
    Everything it's relative.

15+ Year Old Account
    At this point I believe the discussion has run it's course. It's now become a cyclical argument that will end up going nowhere.

I thank those that have made the topic a good discussion. We have discussed it and decided to let it rest here. If you have any lingering concerns please PM a forum mod.