Page 54 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by yaba View Post
    I'd just like to say, that I really appreciate how long this discussion has been allowed to continue on this forum.
    That appreciation extends to both members of the community for staying relatively argumentative and point based, and also to the mods for moderating, and to the high ups for letting the discussion continue.

Those appreciations being extended, and noted as being the main reason for posting addition to this thread; I'd like to say that in a free society, total freedom is important. Total freedom while being a scary thought to some, is not an issue to be infused with trust; for in a community that does not express malice distrust is much transformed from current views of it as a concept. Currently malice is expressed by members of our society, and our government directed towards different aspects of interrelation, thus trust and the questioning of trust becomes something we rely on for safety.

This concept stems laws and regulations.

Total trust stems total knowledge, something only imagined.

Anyway different tangent: Currently as an illegal substance marijuana and other drugs incur more damage to society then they would if legalized. Drug related crime is a huge tax on our society, when it could provide revenue and relief.
    You cannot have total freedom in a society, in a society you give away some of your freedom and power to the government to be safe.

Yes lets just legalize all drugs, then they dont do any harm... oh wait, they do - but now they are readily available

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtheway View Post
    use a bong? its still inhalation, the same with vaporization(through a heat source)

but ur right about ingestion
    bong, is vapor, like you said, so it comes from water here i'll link a diagram

Angry no one here clearly has any real knowledge

all i see is people blurting out what the dare officer told them. alcohol is in the process of being regrouped into the same bracket as heroin and crystal meth by the rest of the world, its the #1 cause of birth defects in children while THC is completely harmless in its natural form. herb has no added chemicals like cigs, and the only negative effect comes from the burning plant matter. fact is, the stuff you eat on a daily basis is full of horrid things for your body. tell me where red dye #2 is found in nature. if ganja is smoked through a vaporizer, there are NO negatice side effiects, marijuana seeds when steamed are incredibly healthy for you. and the man who founded the dare program said (not a direct quote, too lazy to google it but) the marijuana on its own poses a very small threat so it is our job to misinform the people about the dangers. and does anyone know about why it was made illegal in the first place? William Randolph Heart spent millions because hemp is better than mowing down forests for paper when there is a resource in hemp. but as with this country, steps forward are always set back by people that have no idea what they're talking about.

signed,
    stoned

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    You cannot have total freedom in a society, in a society you give away some of your freedom and power to the government to be safe.

Yes lets just legalize all drugs, then they dont do any harm... oh wait, they do - but now they are readily available
    I refuse to give away my freedoms to be safe from decisions I make that affect myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a smoke allergy so I can't even be around people who smoke it. It pisses me off when they're too high to respect my personal choice and shove it in my face going "try it man!" srsly.

That said, if you know your limits, I don't really care what drugs you take as long as you're not screwing things up for other people.

To quote Kat Williams "Weed is not drug. Weed is a plant. And if you should so happen to set it on fire...it can have some effects."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohak View Post
    You are all blind to not see Paragons strat. They used gnome mages as sacrifice to the Earth Godess wich granted them unimaginable powahs and lazor beamz able to cut trough Arthas's tick armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    People choose PvP servers because they think they're going to be the most dangerous predator in the jungle. Then they find out that the reality is they're just the littlest guy in the prison shower.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, you can say drugs do harm. You've been told since you were a little kid they're bad. The only research you'll do is the research that attempts to prove it's harmfulness. It's about what you consider a drug in the medical sense and what you consider a drug in the societal sense. Medically, as far as I know, about everything has a drug in it. Caffeine is a drug. (a more harmful drug than cannabis) But society doesn't look at it that way. If it gets you intoxicated, it's a drug, and it's bad for you. That's about as far as their thinking goes. When in reality, TCH should be considered no more a drug than caffeine. My problem is with people lumping marijuana in with drugs such as cocaine and heroin, ect.
    This is how I look at addiction, since it has no physical addiction. My favorite food is tacos. I'll eat the shit out of some tacos. One day I'm told, you can have no more tacos, no tacos for you! I'm all like, damn, I haven't had tacos in awhile. I wish I had me some tacos and nacho cheese and iahgifashfds. I want some tacos. Childish, put a pretty good analogy I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylore View Post
    Well, I for one have always been against it. I don't smoke, don't drink and don't do any drugs at all.(seriously, my doctor hates me because I refuse medication)

I see no reason at all for anyone to do it. Some people say it makes them happy. If your life is so messed up, you need to turn to illegal methods of staying content, so see a therapist. Probably cheaper in the long run anyway. I've seen family members lose it all because they didn't care anymore. My cousin lost his daughter because weed was too important to him.

I honestly don't care if you guys do it, your choice, your life. But forgive me, I do believe you made a bad choice. My gf has tried it once, and claimed she didn't like it. She also knows I don't date stoners, and would be happy to separate from her for a bit because of it. I expect the people I love to make the right choices.

tl;dr I'm fine with you doing it if I don't know you. I think it's dumb. So is tobacco and alcohol, but that's another topic in itself.
    I for one have always been against World of Warcraft. I don't own it, I don't play it, and don't even play any video games at all.(seriously, my friends hate me because I don't raid with them)

I see no reason at all for anyone to play World of Warcraft. Some people say it makes them happy. If your life is so messed up, you need to turn to nerdy methods of staying content go(I think that's what he meant) see a therapist. Probably cheaper in the long run anyway. I've seen family members lose it all because they didn't care anymore. My cousin lost his daughter because World of Warcraft was too important to him.

I honestly don't care if you guys play it, your choice, your life. But forgive me, I do believe you made a bad choice. My gf has tried it once, and claimed she didn't like it. She also knows I don't date gamers, and would be happy to separate from her for a bit because of it. I expect the people I love to make the right choices.

Do you now see how ridiculous you sound?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylore View Post
    Well, I for one have always been against it. I don't smoke, don't drink and don't do any drugs at all.(seriously, my doctor hates me because I refuse medication)

I see no reason at all for anyone to do it. Some people say it makes them happy. If your life is so messed up, you need to turn to illegal methods of staying content, so see a therapist. Probably cheaper in the long run anyway. I've seen family members lose it all because they didn't care anymore. My cousin lost his daughter because weed was too important to him.

I honestly don't care if you guys do it, your choice, your life. But forgive me, I do believe you made a bad choice. My gf has tried it once, and claimed she didn't like it. She also knows I don't date stoners, and would be happy to separate from her for a bit because of it. I expect the people I love to make the right choices.

tl;dr I'm fine with you doing it if I don't know you. I think it's dumb. So is tobacco and alcohol, but that's another topic in itself.
    Not everyone that smokes weed is maladjusted self-hating teens. Some people do it just to relax, to experience something different than usual. Put down the judgement stick for a few seconds.

---------- Post added 2011-01-09 at 10:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mahpewpew View Post
    I refuse to give away my freedoms to be safe from decisions I make that affect myself.
    Im putting this in my sig.

I keep seeing all these post's saying things like "It has ruined my relative's life", "I have seen it ruin people's life", etc. But the drug doesn't ruin people's lives. Yes it's much easier to blame something on everything but yourself, but weed doesn't MAKE you do anything. It's all YOUR fault if you do something stupid while under the influence of any substance. Weed doesn't make people fail at life. Weed doesn't make you sit around all day and leech off of people. Weed doesn't make you stupid, lazy, or boring. People need to learn to get that out of their head.

Quote Originally Posted by xcatfish84 View Post
    all i see is people blurting out what the dare officer told them. alcohol is in the process of being regrouped into the same bracket as heroin and crystal meth by the rest of the world, its the #1 cause of birth defects in children while THC is completely harmless in its natural form. herb has no added chemicals like cigs, and the only negative effect comes from the burning plant matter. fact is, the stuff you eat on a daily basis is full of horrid things for your body. tell me where red dye #2 is found in nature. if ganja is smoked through a vaporizer, there are NO negatice side effiects, marijuana seeds when steamed are incredibly healthy for you. and the man who founded the dare program said (not a direct quote, too lazy to google it but) the marijuana on its own poses a very small threat so it is our job to misinform the people about the dangers. and does anyone know about why it was made illegal in the first place? William Randolph Heart spent millions because hemp is better than mowing down forests for paper when there is a resource in hemp. but as with this country, steps forward are always set back by people that have no idea what they're talking about.

signed,
    stoned
    this guy. ^
    Last edited by Trawgdorr; 2011-01-09 at 11:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you look back in these posts u see my factual evidence... im studying biology and its possible to get THC toxication and the chance of psychosis is much much larger than if drinking alcohol or tobacco
    if you look back at My posts you would find out that reaching the toxicity level of THC is INCREDIBLY difficult to reach.

Studies on mice show that the required ratio of cannabinoids to overdose versus amount necessary for intoxication is 40,000:1. that means one would have to consume 40,000 times the required amount to get high to overdose.
    The alcohol ratio is 4-10:1.

Marijuana is non-toxic, and no deaths have been recorded from overdose. It has been suggested that it would take 800 joints in one sitting to kill someone; however, death would result from carbon monoxide rather than cannabinoids. The reason for this is most likely because there are a very small amount of cannabinoid receptors in the areas of the brain responsible for life supporting functions.
    I have men kneeling at my feet, asking for my hand in heroics. ~Raechelle, Ysera

Armoury:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...echelle/simple

Quote Originally Posted by LeClaires View Post
    if you look back at My posts you would find out that reaching the toxicity level of THC is INCREDIBLY difficult to reach.

Studies on mice show that the required ratio of cannabinoids to overdose versus amount necessary for intoxication is 40,000:1. that means one would have to consume 40,000 times the required amount to get high to overdose.
    The alcohol ratio is 4-10:1.

Marijuana is non-toxic, and no deaths have been recorded from overdose. It has been suggested that it would take 800 joints in one sitting to kill someone; however, death would result from carbon monoxide rather than cannabinoids. The reason for this is most likely because there are a very small amount of cannabinoid receptors in the areas of the brain responsible for life supporting functions.
    actually there has been atleast one... he ate it... and died... Stupid but its possible to die from

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate weed. The only downer I would have is blues after one of the events I go to were everyone gets off there face in the good ol' Xtc, if coke was cheaper I would take that more.
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LonesomeCrowdedWest- View Post
    Yeah, you can say drugs do harm. You've been told since you were a little kid they're bad. The only research you'll do is the research that attempts to prove it's harmfulness. It's about what you consider a drug in the medical sense and what you consider a drug in the societal sense. Medically, as far as I know, about everything has a drug in it. Caffeine is a drug. (a more harmful drug than cannabis) But society doesn't look at it that way. If it gets you intoxicated, it's a drug, and it's bad for you. That's about as far as their thinking goes. When in reality, TCH should be considered no more a drug than caffeine. My problem is with people lumping marijuana in with drugs such as cocaine and heroin, ect.
    This is how I look at addiction, since it has no physical addiction. My favorite food is tacos. I'll eat the shit out of some tacos. One day I'm told, you can have no more tacos, no tacos for you! I'm all like, damn, I haven't had tacos in awhile. I wish I had me some tacos and nacho cheese and iahgifashfds. I want some tacos. Childish, put a pretty good analogy I think.
    My thinking goes is this, (and one of my favorite things to do is peruse medical documents, nerdy, I know,) Everything we put into our bodies is a drug, simply because everything we consume affects the homeostasis of our bodies in some way or another. You may not feel it unless you train for triathlons, but eating an orange and a boiled egg will provide a higher energy boost allowing for more efficient exercising, while if one went with a bowl of mac and cheese they would find their energy output a bit more sluggish than if they had gone with the orange and egg. I consider everything we consume a drug, from a pro/con standpoint to make meal choices etc
    That's why I would refuse a vicodin prescription hands down, but I would take a marijuana prescription instantly. I even try to avoid taking ibuprofen for my chronic headaches and just bear through it.
    I have men kneeling at my feet, asking for my hand in heroics. ~Raechelle, Ysera

Armoury:

Deleted
    actually there has been atleast one... he ate it... and died... Stupid but its possible to die from
    There is also such a thing as dying from water poisoning, as in drinking too much water. Rare but it happens.

I did not read through 54 pages, but since I am bored at work I will write here too. These facts are supported by studies, which I could pull out...if I were not so lazy. You should all know how to google. A little of myself before I comment, I have worked with users, plethora of users and users of every sustance known to man. I have worked with...oh...close to a thousand users in my time. I have personally never tried weed and I never plan to. I have never used any drug.

Random weed facts (these are the ones you can check on google):

Both alcohol and tobacco are far more dangerous and unhealthy than weed.

Weed DOES cause memory loss, this is the reason it should NOT be used as a minor while your brain is still developing. It is far less of an issue with adults who use.

Lots of controversial studies on this, some on both sides of the fence but I will rely on my personal experience to state what I think...weed is NOT a gateway drug to the heavier stuff. Most mixed users who use weed, would use heavier stuff regardless of their weed use.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You cannot die from marijuana. Not from smoking it, not from eating it. The required amount of THC to overdose is way too high. You could not eat enough. You would throw up if you kept eating anything for that long, and the THC from marijuana you eat does not take effect until the food is digesting. And I don't understand how this plays into the topic. If one guy somehow achieved the impossible feat of eating enough cannabis to kill him, why would that matter? 1,400,000,000 people smoke weed worldwide today. Not to mention how many have smoked weed throughout history. And one guy died? That would make it one of the safest substances on earth in terms of it's danger of killing you, would it not? Though I'm almost certain he did not die from marijuana. Oh and if you smoked enough weed to kill you, it would be from carbon dioxide poisoning, not from anything in the marijuana.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    I for one have always been against World of Warcraft. I don't own it, I don't play it, and don't even play any video games at all.(seriously, my friends hate me because I don't raid with them)

I see no reason at all for anyone to play World of Warcraft. Some people say it makes them happy. If your life is so messed up, you need to turn to nerdy methods of staying content go(I think that's what he meant) see a therapist. Probably cheaper in the long run anyway. I've seen family members lose it all because they didn't care anymore. My cousin lost his daughter because World of Warcraft was too important to him.

I honestly don't care if you guys play it, your choice, your life. But forgive me, I do believe you made a bad choice. My gf has tried it once, and claimed she didn't like it. She also knows I don't date gamers, and would be happy to separate from her for a bit because of it. I expect the people I love to make the right choices.

Do you now see how ridiculous you sound?
    This was fantastic, many lol's to be had.

---------- Post added 2011-01-09 at 03:52 PM ----------

Can you give me the source for this please? If this person died from an allergic reaction, I've got my pimp hand ready..

---------- Post added 2011-01-09 at 03:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by StrawhatPirate View Post
    There is also such a thing as dying from water poisoning, as in drinking too much water. Rare but it happens.
    I remember hearing about this on the radio! It was this contest called "Hold your Wee for a Wii" or something like that, you had to drink a gallon of water or something like that and the last person to give in to going to the bathroom won a Nintendo Wii. The winner died, she was 26-29 (don't exactly remember), think she came from Florida. Yeah, they never did anything like that again.
    Last edited by LeClaires; 2011-01-09 at 11:53 PM.

Armoury:

"My final point about alcohol, about drugs, about Pornography...What business is it of your's what I do, read, buy, see or take into my body as long as I don't harm another human being whilst on this planet? And for those of you having a little moral dilemma on how to answer this, I'll answer for you. NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS Take that to the bank, cash it and take it on a vacation outta my fucking life. And stop bringing shotguns to UFO sightings, they might be here to pick me up and take me with 'em."
    - Bill Hicks

I smoked a lot of weed during my college years, I got my degree, I worked successfully in a middle management position for 8 years, and now I own my own successful business. I still smoke occasionally, my wife has no problem with it, and my children (9 and 6) are still pleasantly innocent. I have never been late for work, I have never stolen from anybody, I have never got into a fight with anyone else, and if you were to meet me you probably wouldn't think I had ever smoked marijuana as I don't look like the stoner dude from That 70's show.

For those that say "But Isashi, your like could have been soooooooo much better if you had never done any drugs" I ask you to prove it. I live in New Zealand, and I am successful, I am currently living the capitalist's dream and could very well be a poster boy for Republican's in the USA, if I agreed with their policies.

I am a responsible, upstanding, trustworthy, tax paying citizen of the world.

... but when I drink ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isashi View Post
    "My final point about alcohol, about drugs, about Pornography...What business is it of your's what I do, read, buy, see or take into my body as long as I don't harm another human being whilst on this planet? And for those of you having a little moral dilemma on how to answer this, I'll answer for you. NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS Take that to the bank, cash it and take it on a vacation outta my fucking life. And stop bringing shotguns to UFO sightings, they might be here to pick me up and take me with 'em."
    - Bill Hicks

I smoked a lot of weed during my college years, I got my degree, I worked successfully in a middle management position for 8 years, and now I own my own successful business. I still smoke occasionally, my wife has no problem with it, and my children (9 and 6) are still pleasantly innocent. I have never been late for work, I have never stolen from anybody, I have never got into a fight with anyone else, and if you were to meet me you probably wouldn't think I had ever smoked marijuana as I don't look like the stoner dude from That 70's show.

For those that say "But Isashi, your like could have been soooooooo much better if you had never done any drugs" I ask you to prove it. I live in New Zealand, and I am successful, I am currently living the capitalist's dream and could very well be a poster boy for Republican's in the USA, if I agreed with their policies.

I am a responsible, upstanding, trustworthy, tax paying citizen of the world.

... but when I drink ...
    People like you are the silent majority of marijuana users, if only this was the stereotype =)

Armoury: