running out of runes 2h frost pvp

i recently started doing arenas with my healer and i start to run out of runes on long fights against mages and priest and hunters just long long arena fights spme times not even long i just sit there like what can i do cant hit anything no howling blast empower runes cd and death tap or blood tap what ever its called is on cd due you have to burst a dps someone when tthere low on health .. i back before this new runic system change i never really went thru this before .. dont get me wrong or something i like the new change i just hate sitting there in the the arena looking like a dog meat shield waiting on a frost or blood or unholy rune to come online... cant you add like one more rune like a always generating deathrune or reduce the cd on bloodtap.. something even if it means going back to where runes generated on there own not waiting for one to come up before the other resets.. i HATE it i cant attack or nothing just sitting there plz explain do i need more haste in pvp what do i need im TIRED of running out of runes
    The sun has set on this mortal world fools make peace with your end for the hour of twilight falls!

i am for pve
    The sun has set on this mortal world fools make peace with your end for the hour of twilight falls!

Well, you're getting nerfed.

its something us tru dk been thru time and time again and we always overcome

Unholy has much better utility in PvP than frost does.

The old rune system was so much better.

Frost and unholy are both very good speccs, and unholy is not better than frost, they are flavors and you try them both to see what fits your needs, as for running out of runes, sure you run out of runes, but the new system encourages to use your runes and then RD and by that time your runes should roughly be refreshed, the only problem with frost is the lack of ranged skill in case your kited while your runes are down, but then I'd still use death coil.

Thanks to Stanton Biston for the amazing sig!

Deleted
    Don't forget that DC still procs runic empowerment for frosts, so if you're being kited you still have a chance to get a frost rune back. I also tend to ignore Obl and use HB/NS instead, you get more RP which means more FS, which means more runes back etc.

Also, willing to buy PvP gloves with a useful passive for Frost DKs.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland View Post
    Unholy has much better utility in PvP than frost does.
    Unholy is also boring as hell and something DKs have been forced into playing the entirety of the last expansion.

Yay for some alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalavita View Post
    Unholy is also boring as hell and something DKs have been forced into playing the entirety of the last expansion.

Yay for some alternatives.
    It was boring before 4.0.1 but i find unholy more fun then frost... and the ghoul is awesome also.. it gives you 1 more stun and when empowered a second silence... so all around unholy is "for me" the go to spec either as pvp and pve.. it's not as strict as it was before

Quote Originally Posted by Aelith View Post
    Frost and unholy are both very good speccs, and unholy is not better than frost
    this is opinion. Facts show unholy is better.

Quote Originally Posted by dmbrandon View Post
    this is opinion. Facts show unholy is better.
    Ok ive played unholy since the start of wotlk this is the first time since the first month of wotlk that we've shown any signs of being even slightly better. both unholy and frost dks run out of runes pretty quickly in pvp.... so your point is invalid. Op check up your priority rotation... I may be contradicting myself but if your having alot of trouble with runes go unholy its got runic curroption to help you with your rune problem pluss a pet stun and desecration(dont forget to go into frost 32 points into unholy for the lichborne

There is a website called WoL, it shows unholy ahead of frost for the bigger part of LK.
    Frost is extremely dependant on burst. Once they blow their burst thay are weak. (quoting the AJ DK community)
    Unholy is the specc that works better in long, long, long fights.
    OH FOR GODS SAKE I HAVE NO IMAGINATION.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deusnick View Post
    It was boring before 4.0.1 but i find unholy more fun then frost... and the ghoul is awesome also.. it gives you 1 more stun and when empowered a second silence... so all around unholy is "for me" the go to spec either as pvp and pve.. it's not as strict as it was before
    this could be, but good arena teams nuke their pet down fast so then a unholy dk is realy pointless with hes pet frost has just uber burst so for pvp i would go for frost, i am 1 myself.

just a question : i heard that rune cooldowns are affected by haste is that true?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by micho View Post
    just a question : i heard that rune cooldowns are affected by haste is that true?
    Yes, very much so (as in both positively and very much negatively too via debuffs).

That and the huge delays and rng of the interactions between death runes, runic empowerment and other runic power-to-rune cycling means playing a new style DK is about a million miles away from the old style DKs in terms of their basic resource.

If you LOVED the *smoothness* of the old style dks, especially as an alt, you will most likely loath the new style DKs. I know I did (and plenty of others have said the same to me) and I know will never play my beloved DK again.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2011-01-11 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deusnick View Post
    it does not give you one more stun than frost --- frost have Hungering Cold

if used right, hungering cold can CC multiple ppl for 10 seconds >>>> ghoul stun (only thing is ghoul stun can be "ranged" but i rather CC 2 ppl in 3s and burst other one left)

wow... all one sentence. gj

great replies

with this new patch coming up i get more runic power and defence and mobility to frost i can rely more on frost strikes and mastery than obliterates and running out of runes.. seems like bliz is really listening to us the only thing i want them to fix is the return on runes make haste increase it more or something