Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Two weeks of grinding Throne of The Tides

jkhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Last edited by Maiku; 2011-01-09 at 10:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    heads up, might want to hide the names, since it goes against rules concerning naming and shaming. :P

Force yourself to join the legions of scum bags if you want. Or just pride yourself in the knowledge you're not an utter douchebag and eventually you'll get the trinket.

I don't mean to be rude but, is that trinket really even worth farming for?

I mean evasion is a nice stat in this xpac due to mana issues with healers, but I still feel like a stamina trinket would simply be better.

Every expansion seems to be filled with dumb asses at the release. I saw a hunter using 2 strength rings who rolled need for the trinket off lockmaw in city of tolvir, which had a strength proc on it.

p.s. you cant see what server the ninja is from anyway.
    Last edited by Alcsaar; 2011-01-08 at 03:30 PM.

All I see here is QQ and you have attack bound to a key. Just need on everything in heroics or it will get ninjad. Also Porcelain crab isnt the best item anyway why are you wasting time farming that? I would get the stam trinket from Stonecore or the mastery one from tol barad. Or both.

Deleted
    probally because you told them you'd been brinding it for 2weeks lol.

Rule #1: Never tell the group you need something badly or you've been grinding for a piece, there will always be an ass that will try to spoil your effort.

Rule #2: If you need a piece, be the last one to roll for it. Meaning, try to see what the other 4 are doing and call anyone out that is trying to need on it.

Rule #3: Only ninja pieces from anuses, not good people.

That's WoW club for you.

Deleted
    i dont get it why people greed on a rare item. Better if everyone just needs unless they dont want it. saves stupid threads like these...
    or roll last become the subject of stupid threads like these.......

15+ Year Old Account
    do TB dailies and get http://www.wowhead.com/item=62466 mastery is win for pallies, and it's an extra CD, no RNG involved.

buy http://www.wowhead.com/item=62048 before the day is done, last day of the fair, it's less than 10k on my server, and it's an extra CD, no RNG involved.

have fun with new trinkets and no asshats.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wildemu View Post
    Rule #1: Never tell the group you need something badly or you've been grinding for a piece, there will always be an ass that will try to spoil your effort.

Rule #2: If you need a piece, be the last one to roll for it. Meaning, try to see what the other 4 are doing and call anyone out that is trying to need on it.

Rule #3: Only ninja pieces from anuses, not good people.

That's WoW club for you.
    You are no better then they.

Quote Originally Posted by Liman View Post
    You are no better then they.
    Yes, I am.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lately it seems all gear is free game for anyone that can possibly equip it, regardless of their spec. I've seen countless randoms roll on gear for their other spec without a word. I've even chastised a few friends for doing randoms as an offspec for faster queues, then rolling on their mainspec AND offspec gear without giving the group a heads up.

Well at least protadins are no longer taking cloth from casters for their healing set....except the turds who don't seem to know what armor specialization is.

(e) The TB trinket is pretty decent. If you keep farming TotT, I'd recommend doing TB dailies also as a backup. Your argument that you have no pvp gear and don't like pvp is void, as TB is not like WG...it is not an open pvp zone at all times. Grab a friend or two to make it faster, do 12 easy dailies, and get some free money, rep, and tokens.
    Last edited by Nah; 2011-01-08 at 03:47 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I am.
    Ok, slightly. :P

This.
    Apparently, if someone isn't in the dungeon for the roll, even if they do win the roll, they will not win the item. Get a roll addon that shows the remaining time, and just wait and be the last one to roll.
    With a bit of luck, people who mindlessly ninja stuff will just roll and party leave, and you might have a chance at the items.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maiku View Post
    First one is hard to get for me since I have ZERO PvP gear and I don't like PvP at all I'm still like Neutral with Hellscream's Reach while exalted with most others, second requires me to spend 8k+ on a mediocre item while there are free items that are close in stats.
    lol you don't need pvp gear to do 12 pve dailies every day, and the faction has been accessable since day 1, i have a trinket and the drake already. problem is, 'free' items are free for everyone, not just you, as you found out the hard way. i was mearly giving you good alternatives in which ninjaing can never be involved.

Deleted
    1. Report issue to a GM
    2. Wait a few hours for a reply
    3. Explain issue to GM
    4. Recieve item in the mail
    5. Amory the druid's name
    5.1. His name wont show
    6. Realise he's now banned for 3 days
    7. Wait 3 days
    8. Create a DK on his realm
    9. Message him and laugh

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    I lost the Tear of Blood trinket in a similar way after it not dropping for over a week. It's infuriating, to say the least. I never need on offspec gear if somebody else needs for their mainspec first, and doesn't have it equipped already, but this past month of Cataclysm heroics has almost turned me. People really are almost all bastards. Maybe you meet a shining light every fifth heroic or so if you're lucky, but nonetheless I'm losing faith in humanity like never before. It's amazing what anonymity does to a person.
    Well excuuuse me, Princess.

You are now breathing manually.

Deleted
    Well, you went in with a pug. Nobody ninjaed anything from you, they needed it for offspec or anything else. Roll with it or get a guild/some friends to play with.

Something similar happened recently where a Shaman in our group needed on Leaden Despair (why they can need on that is beyond me) and Tear of Blood, as Enhancement. However we refused to roll until he came back to the group, and he said "Oh I didn't even bother looking at the items". He lost the roll for the Leaden Despair and won Tear of Blood, but traded it to the healer.

Basically, some people are just idiots who will press need if it is possible.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Typical loot QQ.

I would say get over it and next time do a guild run or search for people from your own realm for farming this. Since you are a tank that shouldnt be the problem. Get non tank classes for the runs and youre even more safe. Random dungeon is random and yes its annoying how some people can be assholes but there are a lot of ways to minimise the risk of getting something ninjad when youre farming it actively.