Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maiku View Post
    Now I'm seriously thinking of ninja'ing everything from anybody else when he needs and when I can use it for offspec.... I've ALWAYS given up items I could use myself for other people that are in dire need of it and this is what I get in return...
    I can understand your frustration, certainly, after having H Sea Star ninjaed by a warlock (who doesn't even kind of benefit from Spirit). However, I must urge you to NOT ninja because you then just become as bad as them. It's a vicious cycle. Someone does it to someone else, they get bitter, do it to someone else, who gets bitter, who does it to someone else...

Remember for every asshat you will find a respectable and respectful player. It just may take longer to find them because they don't call attention to themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennace View Post
    I agree, you should.

Feels good being correct
    It does feel good to be correct. Of course, that has nothing to do with your post, which is completely wrong.

Here is the Ninja Looting policy:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    What if I disagree with the way loot is distributed? Isn't that ninja looting?

No. Such disagreements are considered looting disputes, not ninja looting. A looting dispute occurs when a player loots an item for which he or she is eligible, but in doing so, goes against social looting practices (Main Spec > Off Spec, upgrades only, etc). While some looting disputes may be a social faux pas and can tarnish a player's reputation, they are not a violation of any in-game rule. Scams, however, are a violation, and may occasionally accompany a looting dispute.
    http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...rticleId=17761

No, they don't help.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    Ninjaing is against the ToS.

I've had items that have been ninja'd from raids stripped from the player and given to me in the mail by a GM, with a nice little "customer support" logo on the envelope.

I'd agree with you had I not done something similar.
    Clueless people need to STFU and GTFO.
    I agree, you should.

Feels good being correct
    Last time i checked, a random dungeon IS NOT A RAID and even then, they only do something if the Masterlooter clearly breaks his own lootrules which almost never happens because said masterlooters are considerably smarter than you could ever hope to be.
    Feels good to be correct. Now be quiet you total tool.
    If ninjaing is against the ToS (which I gave evidence of) and GM's have the power to strip to people of items (which I gave evidence of) then how are you corrrect?

Only thing I've been wrong about this thread is assuming the OP was raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact is he just needed and left, He never said anything about needing it or whatever he just took it away and left me in the dust...

i was talking about the guy who said its a bad trinket lol..
    Last edited by scaredandbaked; 2011-01-08 at 06:16 PM.

To anyone farming an instance for 2 weeks all I have to say is.... Im sorry, oh wait ICC...... ...... ..

10+ Year Old Account
    If ninjaing is against the ToS (which I gave evidence of) and GM's have the power to strip to people of items (which I gave evidence of) then how are you corrrect?

Unfortunately, through my own experience with LFD, I discovered that they treat the built-in Need Before Greed system differently than a raid, which is normally master-looted. Their policy is that if the player can click Need, they have every right to roll. They suggest that if you have an issue with whether or not the player should have been able to roll Need, that you bring it up in the official Blizzard forums.

I had H Sea Star (Spirit) trinket ninjaed by a warlock (who doesn't benefit from Spirit in the slightest), and despite that, because he was physically able to click Need, there was nothing a GM could do about it.

Since Ninjaing isn't against the ToS, as you can clearly see in my post above, or on the link to their policy on Ninja looting, he is correct because...he is correct. The policy you linked only applies with Master Looting. There is no Master Looting in a random heroic.

Also, you did not give any evidence Ninjaing is against the Terms of Service. You posted how Loot Scamming is against the Terms of Service.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2011-01-08 at 06:21 PM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Its one thing to, I believe in this item, need on something over someone who needs it more. The terrible thing is that people when they see that A: what they want didnt drop and drop group, or B: get the item they want and drop group. That just shows the mentality of the person who took and booked, player has no sense of obligation and only cares about themselves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Since Ninjaing isn't against the ToS, as you can clearly see in my post above, or on the link to their policy on Ninja looting, he is correct because...he is correct. The policy you linked only applies with Master Looting. There is no Master Looting in a random heroic.
    Please see this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennace

Sounds to me like you're just unlucky....join the club and quit QQing about it on forums.

---------- Post added 2011-01-08 at 12:23 PM ----------

Oh and don't rage ninja back...you'd be surprised to see how much karma plays a role in this game.

I'm utterly.... utterly dissapointed of the players in this game...
    Because one person took something for offspec from you, you're disappointed in everyone?

Okay.

Please see this post
    Ninja looting is still never something they will punish players for.

Loot Scamming is.

Loot Scamming and Ninja Looting are different things.

That post explains the difference between them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ninja looting =/= rolling need on an item that someone else benefits from more than you do.

Ninja looting is revoking a players eligibility for a piece of loot without giving prior notice; plain and simple.

Feel free to correct me with a blue-link, otherwise I'm fairly sure that's what I read before the forums migrated to battle.net!
    Last edited by Cevlol; 2011-01-08 at 06:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    THAT'S why I'm angry, because they can just get away with it, I still wonder why Blizzard doesn't change the looting in a way like "This item is not usable for your current spec" or that it let's specs who actually can use it need/greed on it and if that player presses need all other players able to press greed or disenchant.
    The official suggestion by GMs is to post that kind of feedback in official forums. This is a hot-button issue for a lot of people since that gear actually matters right now, so you might get some good responses/ideas. I'd post one myself, but I'm at work and my authenticator is still at home. :/

Guy, I'd be more empethetic then I am (and I agree it sucks to have that happen), however, if you want to QQ, I shall share with you, that the first time I ran Hmech in tbc the suneater dropped and a MAGE needed it...
    I then ran Hmech for 33 days to get it....rogue needs it and wins...I THEN ran it for 25 more days, it drops I win, yay! Seriously...TWO MONTHS of every damn day.
    Then wotlk came out and I traded it in for a quest green.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Ninja looting is still never something they will punish players for.

Loot Scamming is.

Loot Scamming and Ninja Looting are different things.

That post explains the difference between them.
    Since you can't seem to put 2 and 2 together I'm going to do it for you, are you ready for this?
    I assumed the OP was in a raid(see previous post) at which point a balance druid (who would have been master looter) stole a tanking trinket from him. Which would be against the ToS assuming that the loot rules of the raid was MS>OS and clearly stated.
    That would be ninja looting, taking an item that shouldn't belong to you without the permission of the raid which would entitle him to make a ticket, retrieve the item and give the ninja a ban.
    "Ninja looting" is a common term used within many massively-multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPGs) to describe the act of looting items from corpses, chests, and the game environment without permission.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will try to post it on the forums and see what they will do with it.
    I'd like to add, please don't make it a "QQ I got ninjaed from" type post. Approach it calmly and logically, stating the flaws in the system and how they can be improved. For example:
    Warlocks and mages are able to Need roll trinkets, necks, rings, and cloaks with Spirit. These items can be used by healers of any class, and warlocks and mages do not benefit from Spirit. This is a problem that should be fixed.

Items should not be able to be Needed on if the roller is not in the spec that would benefit. Example: a druid that is specced Balance should not be able to Need on items with Agility. (You might suggest an Offspec button, which would take priority over Greed/Disenchant but not Need.)

Things like that. Be constructive and you shall be heard!

Quote Originally Posted by Jnetixz View Post
    Ninja looting =/= rolling need on an item that someone else benefits from more than you do.

Ninja looting is revoking a players eligibility for a piece of loot without giving prior notice; plain and simple.

Feel free to correct me with a blue-link, otherwise I'm fairly sure that's what I read before the forums migrated to battle.net!
    This is how I understand the current situation to be. Blizzard does not see your 2 specs to be any more or less main in relation to each other and you are free to "Need" on any item that your class can use. The concept of main spec priority is largely a player made one and while the majority of us adhere to it simply because it is the right thing to do, you are by no means bound to it. I suspect Blizzard will never enforce it due to the other problems that would cause.

Sorry, there are no ninjas in wow, there is no such thing as being a ninja and you did not get ninja'd from. The feeling that spec dictates loot is a player derived fantasy that has no basis on real rules but rather some feeling of entitlement.

---------- Post added 2011-01-08 at 06:53 PM ----------

Since you can't seem to put 2 and 2 together I'm going to do it for you, are you ready for this?
    I assumed the OP was in a raid(see previous post) at which point a balance druid (who would have been master looter) stole a tanking trinket from him. Which would be against the ToS assuming that the loot rules of the raid was MS>OS and clearly stated.
    That would be ninja looting, taking an item that shouldn't belong to you without the permission of the raid which would entitle him to make a ticket, retrieve the item and give the ninja a ban.
    Its not a raid, its a 5 man.

Probably a LFD pug

It was not stolen, ninja'd or scammed off of him.

Please read and comprehend the post before you start screaming your head off that others are wrong and that the other person should be banned.
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.