Poll: Engineering or Jewelcrafting?

Engineering VS Jewelcrafting

Hello.

I currently got alchemy/engineering, but im thinking about changing engineering for JC.

Engineering:
    In PvP I can only use the engineering tinkers in BG's. +1
    Not even the rated ones, or arena. -2
    No PvP helm/gems. -2

In PvE im tanking, so I got the plasma shield, BUT! it fails all the time, taunting every nearby mob = wipe. -2
    I use the engineering helm, with cogwheels ofc, and that is nice. +1

Moneymaking, I can sell guns, oh wait did I tell you they suck? and I only sold 1 since launch? -1
    Selling pets, is easy to make, sell high (but that never really happens). +1

Jewelcrafting:
    In PvP I can use the 3x special gems for more stats, work in BG + rated BG + arena. +3

In PvE I can also use the special gems, never fails and kill me. +1

Monemaking, I can sell gems (I got alchemy, so I can transmute them = cheap gems). +1
    Necks + rings, I heard they are expensive to make (AH is fucked up atm, so ofc), and they are close with dungeon rings. -1
    But they are not BoP, but BoE. +1

I don't already have this proffesion, so I need to level it up. -2

Engineering = -4 points.
    Jewelcrafting = +3 points.

IMO Jewelcrafing win by 7 points.
    But I want to hear you opinion, should I do it?
    Or should I keep engineering? Why/Why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkcow View Post
    seems like your good old GM wanted to dip his sausage in the buttercup!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewenastra View Post
    balance problems goes back to pacman

cmon, one pac man 4 ghosts? he had to take drugs to beat them

If you aren't concerned with losing the engineering gadgets, like portals and Jeeves then the choice should be easy; Jewelcrafting offers far better bonuses for your character than engineering does.

Engineering is terrible at the moment. It's pretty much up to you whether you want to wait for it to get buffed or just go for Jewelcrafting which has been in the #1 or #2 spot for all of Wrath and now Cataclysm.

Imo, engineering is just for fun. I havent leveling JC at all so i couldnt really tell you about that.

ppppppphahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! no really...drop the alchemy and get the jc to match the eng=pwnsauce.
    If your goal does not involve gold as much as straight performance, I would think those cogwheels + JC gems = better then most combos.
    ps:cogwheels work in arena and rated bg's
    also tinkers may not, but since you can enchant everything with a tinker anyhow, saying eng is worse feels like a bit of a crap call imho.
    Last edited by wylatron; 2011-01-08 at 06:46 PM.

Why on earth would he drop alchemy? Not only does it offer the same bonus as most other professions (80str/int/agi or 120sta) but his flasks will last twice as long!

15+ Year Old Account
    Thats a pretty flat conclusion.

You give them +/- without considering the power of the said stats.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar