Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr P View Post
    Blizzard has said it is an entirely new IP so there is no way it will be a Halo related game, sorry guys.
    Smells like /thread to me

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    With the "information" Lore, Gary Gannon and Mike Bailey are finding, I'm starting to think Titan could be based on Halo.

Quote Originally Posted by Specops View Post
    With the "information" Lore, Gary Gannon and Mike Bailey are finding, I'm starting to think Titan could be based on Halo.
    In which case they'd be in for a fair amount of trouble legally and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Patchwerk View Post
    Smells like /thread to me
    Yep.

It'll 99% chance be a completely new fake "universe" with brand new "lore" and ideas. I'm guessing sci-fi with fps elements.

WoW has sort of turned away from "pure" old-school sword-and-sorcery fantasy though, so I wouldn't be surprised if they mish-mashed the genres a little though. Or a lot.

Bloody cars and trikes and motorcycles in my fantasy game. *Grumble*

10+ Year Old Account
    As a formerly obsessed kid who, in middle school when Halo 1 came out, played every night for hours, and put an almost embarrassing amount of time into each respective Halo title, I have to say...... I really hope it is not a Halo MMO.

I realize I will be in the minority in thinking that, but I just have talked to a ton of people on xbox live about the series and most people agreed with me in thinking the brand has lost its luster. The series needs to be over. Millions of people will have their memories, but it would be a shame for the series to just keep making games until people fully resent them (as many people I know do). :/
    "Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless" - Kenny Powers

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill

Same here. I am not interested at all in a Halo MMO.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coldbear View Post
    3 strange coincidences and counting.

Could just be a smoke-screen, I guess, but if so they paid a fair amount of money to make it happen.
    They've said it's a new bloody franchise. I don't know how many freaking times it needs to be repeated.

NEW FRANCHISE!
    NEW FRANCHISE!
    NEW FRANCHISE!
    NEW FRANCHISE!

Get it into your heads already!

Tired of these baseless conspiracy ideas from people who don't even seem to read the most basic of information.

NEW FRANCHISE!

well the original concept for Halo was an RPG, infact some very early screens of Halo from before they even announced it, showed MC running around with a sword and Dinosaur/dragon/monster looking creatures.

Derailed the Cereal Thread

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    Halo has better lore and a lot more potential than any Blizzard game.. Starcraft and Warcraft are both poorly written Warhammer clones. While Halo lore isn't shown best in the games, it is fairly original and has a lot of backstory to it.
    WOW SERIOUSLY, you should put in my opinion somewhere in your post because it is most definately only YOUR opinion...
    And to add to this mass effect lore > halo lore, IN MY OPINION.

OT: It wont be halo mmo, FPS is already confirmed, however I dont honestly care at this point since it is years off. I am more interested in diablo 3 to be honest.
    Last edited by EvolutionXXX; 2011-01-10 at 02:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Halo MMO was being worked on, but ended being cancelled due to the high costs. Or maybe it was cancelled for this? :O
    Anyway, I think a fps MMO could work if it had the right development team behind it, and Bungie/Blizzard are some of the tops.

Quote Originally Posted by Setesh View Post

Either Blizz + Robot working together towards original IP but no Halo.
    Or Blizz working with themselves buying Halo from 343 Industries and Microsoft, :/

Or just an Original IP by themselves anyway.
    I would like that

- H
    There is no way microsoft would sell the halo franchise that is just silly why would you even write that and post it on a forum. The xbox is very low on exclusives as is and to remove the number 1 seller for the platform would be the nail in the coffin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    They've said it's a new bloody franchise. I don't know how many freaking times it needs to be repeated.

NEW FRANCHISE!
    NEW FRANCHISE!
    NEW FRANCHISE!
    NEW FRANCHISE!

Get it into your heads already!

Tired of these baseless conspiracy ideas from people who don't even seem to read the most basic of information.

NEW FRANCHISE!
    Inspiration is apparently unheard of. Halo was inspired by Goldeneye, Titan might be inspired by Halo/Wow. A futuristic FPS MMO would basically be a halo MMO set in a different universe.

So what did blizz have to do with that 30 rock episode?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't be retards. It's a new IP.
    Narfwak - Elemental Shaman
    <FH>
    Black Dragonflight-US

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rfwak/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Gunmist View Post
    So what did blizz have to do with that 30 rock episode?
    Nothing that had to do with established franchises by blizzard. They were playing halo, that is why there is speculation since it said blizzard entertainment in the credits for the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionXXX View Post
    Nothing that had to do with established franchises by blizzard. They were playing halo, that is why there is speculation since it said blizzard entertainment in the credits for the episode.
    but why were they in the credits?

WHY?!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunmist View Post
    but why were they in the credits?

WHY?!
    I don't think it really matters to be honest? Microsoft has rights to halo 'nuff said. If they make a space MMO fps then people will just see it as a halo clone anyway with new lore. Blizzard has made top quality products all around IMO so whatever they decide to make it will surely rock.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Both companies produce stunning high-performance games, and to know that this MMO is being build from scratch and not rushing the final product (Q3 2013 = 2014 most likely so I would say, a solid 3 years until release from where we are now.) then I have NO doubt in my mind this will be a top of the line MMO.

As I said above, they both produce amazing work, whether it be FPS work or RTS work and whether it be post apocalyptic or historic they make a stunning product.

Can't wait to get some more info on this in the next year or two, don't even want to start thinking about final product/release though.

edit: as somebody already said, since Halo 2 things have just been getting worse, The best thing they could do for the real halo fans (which is probably less than 10% of the total population of halo fans) would be to remake halo 2 with upgraded graphics and fix the glitches and mods. This would be great. As all series goes on (multiplayer wise) they just continue to cater to the "noobs" as there are a much broader population of them so suting their needed would bring in more profit. This is why I didn't like reach, sold it within a few weeks. It's becoming mainstream just like the new call of dutys. People could also agree that similar stuff is happeneing to WoW (Back in Vanilla when getting max level was actually a challenge and took time?)
    Last edited by Gat; 2011-01-10 at 03:04 AM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qubix View Post
    As a formerly obsessed kid who, in middle school when Halo 1 came out, played every night for hours, and put an almost embarrassing amount of time into each respective Halo title, I have to say...... I really hope it is not a Halo MMO.

I realize I will be in the minority in thinking that, but I just have talked to a ton of people on xbox live about the series and most people agreed with me in thinking the brand has lost its luster. The series needs to be over. Millions of people will have their memories, but it would be a shame for the series to just keep making games until people fully resent them (as many people I know do). :/
    It's going the way of CoD, seeing as M$ is going to keep it going (*hint hint 343 Studios*)

Please not a fps mmo that would be terrible

Deleted
    There was orignally going to be a Halo MMO, many years ago, after Halo: CE. The entire univerese was different, with there being telekentic classes, like in Mass Effect. I'm pretty sure, obviously I can't be certain, but Halo has it's popularity being an FPS. If it changes, it's likely to flop. I know Titan is an MMO FPS, but I mean that Halo is a drop in/out mulitplayer FPS. Yes, there is a story, but it's the multiplayer that it owes for it's longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    Halo has better lore and a lot more potential than any Blizzard game.. Starcraft and Warcraft are both poorly written Warhammer clones. While Halo lore isn't shown best in the games, it is fairly original and has a lot of backstory to it.
    If you're still in this thread, do yourself a favour. Look up "Larry Niven - Ringworld". It's a Ring, in space, made by a foreign intelligence and is inhabitable. While you're at it, look up "Marathon - Story Page", it's a game about a human/alien war that leads to some sides being swapped, a forgotten, advanced race whose technology is paramount to the story, and an evil entity that roams the universe, is captured by the advanced race and threatens the humans and aliens, and there are A.I.'s that guide you through the game. Plus it was made by Bungie. Before Halo. WoW may not be entirely original in concepts, but it is in practice, as in the way the lore/stories work out. Halo, on the other hand, is based entirely on Marathon, because it was originally a Marathon sequel, but I digress.

Sorry for the rant, also, if the quote from here: http://www.blizzardnewmmo.com/Game_Info, is correct, it's developed entirely from scratch, so not a Halo MMO.