Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    I can't stand Halo..................

Quote Originally Posted by Setesh View Post
    Halo, possibly.
    Doubtful, though.

It is probably an original IP, unless they actually bought the Halo Franchise, which I wouldn't be surprised if they could.
    There was nearly a connection between Game 2.0 being developed by Robot Entertainment but sadly it was announced that it was an original IP for Robot, so chances are, no. :/

Either Blizz + Robot working together towards original IP but no Halo.
    Or Blizz working with themselves buying Halo from 343 Industries and Microsoft, :/

Or just an Original IP by themselves anyway.
    I would like that

- H
    Microsoft basically created 343 Industries in order to retain Halo

i very much doubt they are up for selling the franchise.
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

Bungie made Halo. I really don't think Microsoft has full control over it. Bungie moved to Activision after Halo Reach came out.

made. past tense.
    Microsoft owns the franchise now. fact.
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

It's a new franchise. Halo is not a new franchise. Therefore putting 2 and 2 together, it is not Halo.

I hope not. Halo is so lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Tychus View Post
    I hope not. Halo is so lame.
    Thats your opinion. I think WoW is so lame.

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    Thats your opinion. I think WoW is so lame.
    Yet you seem to have alot of posts on a WoW forum. Nothing better to do? You could be reading up on all that rich Halo lore you were talking about earlier instead!

HOLY SHIT I THOUGHT THAT ONLY I THOUGHT ABOUT THIS
    noice
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Fret not. act/blizz did acquire bungie. microsoft retained rights to halo. for the last time it will not be halo.

that is not to say that the team of bungie will not have anything to do with it(but i don't think they will, blizz is too proud of their work to let anyone else in). if that piece of art from the front page a while ago was from this game we can bet it will be set in space. i wouldn't put it past blizzard for it to be more technology based with magic as a sidenote. we will more than likely see space combat, as well as diverse worlds. we may even see mechs. this won't be an eve or sw clone exactly, but more than likely will take elements from these games that worked and polish them with blizz's flair and attention to detail.

Well Bungie is working for Activision now.

I said it might be a Halo MMO months ago haha. If Bungie and Blizzard worked together for a Halo MMO, I would definitely be interested in it. Halo was one of my favorite Universes since Halo 1. Played all the games except the RTS one, and read all the books.
    Wrong. Bungie is an independent developer and they have made a contract with Activision for the new game they are developing for the next 10 years. Yes Bungie is making a game for activision but thats all they are doing Activision has no control besides monetary on the new game Bungie is making. Learn your facts.

"KIRKLAND, Wash. and SANTA MONICA, Calif., April 29, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX News Network/ -- Bungie, the developer of blockbuster game franchises including Halo, Myth and Marathon, and Activision, a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, the #1 online games publisher (Nasdaq: ATVI), announced today that they have entered into an exclusive 10-year partnership to bring Bungie's next big action game universe to market. Under the terms of the agreement, Activision will have exclusive, worldwide rights to publish and distribute all future Bungie games based on the new intellectual property on multiple platforms and devices. Bungie remains an independent company and will continue to own their intellectual property."

http://investor.activision.com/relea...leaseid=464918

Quote Originally Posted by Barana View Post
    And basing the game thousands of years before CE wouldn't do anything. The series takes place around 2552, if you went back thousands of years you'd be in the stone age, and I don't think that would make a good MMO.
    a stone age mmo would be hilarious =P

Quote Originally Posted by coldbear View Post
    3 strange coincidences and counting.

Could just be a smoke-screen, I guess, but if so they paid a fair amount of money to make it happen.
    I hope not. Ive never been a fan of the franchise, I always saw the games as poorly made from a FPS perspective. The only thing it had in it's favor was that it was the first console shooter that had decent controls. If you were to compare it as a straight up shooter compared to the likes of Bioshock, Dead Space, and Half Life it fails miserly.

I'm sure it will be a new IP, new universe, new everything.

definately not a halo mmo and as for the name titan its a project name blizzard like to use characters out of greek mythology for their project names

Bungie may be working for activision but Microsoft still owns the Halo franchise so it most definately without a doubt wont be a Halo MMO.

end thread

It won't be Halo mmo BUT bungie could work with blizz on next MMO, It could be a mix universe of Halo/starcraft. new lore, skin, etc.. but hey take a look:
    Halo : Humans, Aliens, Parasite
    Starcraft: Humans, Protoss, Zerg
    and same with alien and predator movies. Lots of similitudes and SC and Halo are great games. If Bungie works with Blizz for next mmo it could be something really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Yet you seem to have alot of posts on a WoW forum. Nothing better to do? You could be reading up on all that rich Halo lore you were talking about earlier instead!
    This is not a WoW forum idiot. Maybe you forgot what the words "Off-Topic" mean. You must have nothing better to do than talk about WoW on an Off-Topic forum.

This is not a WoW forum idiot. Maybe you forgot what the words "Off-Topic" mean. You must have nothing better to do than talk about WoW on an Off-Topic forum.
    I'm pretty sure most people could already see that I'm not a WoW forum idiot, but it's nice to have someone actually come out and say it. Thanks!

Yes, this thread is in an Off Topic part of the forum, but an off Topic Forum of a WoW website. People who come to this website are people who are here because of WoW and when they want to discuss something other than WoW, they can go to the off topic forum to discuss it. Saves them going to another website to do it and they can discuss it with people who probably have similar interests or that they have come to know. Now, you on the other hand seem to hate WoW, yet you frequent these forums for some reason. I hate Halo, so would it make sense if I were to go to a Halo forum and post in their Off Topic forum randomly when there are other forums that would cater to my tastes better and have people who are more likely to share my interests? I'm sure the regular users of that forum wouldn't mind me being there... unless I started bashing the game that brought them all there, but who would do that, right?

As for talking about WoW in this thread, it's a thread with speculation on Blizzards next MMO, did you really think it wouldn't come up, WoW website or not? Oh, and for the record, the first person to mention WoW in this thread was you (see below).

WoW became Sci-Fi the moment aliens started crash landing on space ships, so sorry =(
    Last edited by Mothhive; 2011-01-09 at 04:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Halo has a large amount of fan boys who think it's the greatest thing since Oxygen and they are wrong, however there are people who blindly hate on Halo for no reason and they are also stupid. Now, beyond that I find it to be extremely unlikely that Blizzard would even consider doing anything that is based on Halo or any other universe that they had no help in creating. That is just not their style. They may have picked up some guys who worked at Bungie and may have even taken some themes or ideas from Halo to help create their new game, because the rumors are that it is in the Sci-Fi genre, but I have complete faith that it is going to be a completely new universe created for the purpose of the new game.

I'm extremely interested in Titan which kinda sucks, because WoW took years upon years before it was finally released, Starcraft 2 Part 1 took about 3-4 years to be released after it was fully announced, Diablo looks fully playable and there is no set release date. It could be 10 years before Titan is officially released which would suck.

As a side note, I remember back during the late 1990s watching videos of "Halo" which was originally an RTS coming for the PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.