Deleted

Easiest raiding progress, in your oppinion?

Hello there fellow raiders.

Me and three of my irl mateys are going to start a 10 man raiding guild soon. But we don't know which raid is easiest to jump into? We've downed Halfus with another guild, though with the very easy combo with Time, Whelps and Nether Scion. Valiona and Theralion was taken down to 30%~ when we wiped, but we had way too many melees on that fight.

Now's the question, Magmaw, Omnotron Defense System and The Conclave of Winds(?), how are they compared to Halfus? All other Halfus combos shitstomped our previous guild. We want a pretty smooth raid start with this guild. And also, how did your guild progress? All bosses in BoT first? Etc. Cheers.

Magmaw and Omnitron are both easy encounters, even the flask guy after is pretty easyto get your head around. Conclave seems difficult, but i've only had one go in beta and then we disbanded.
    Where I come from, fag means cigarette.

according to wowprogress.com my realm top40 progress is 35 10mans and only 5 25mans. i havent done any 25man in cata so i cant really compare. but what the top guild is saying is that 25man is easier on some fights, much more room for failure than 10man has and since gear is a bit low atm 25 has the advantage of more class cooldowns to help out healers on mana and healing. 10man might become the easier way when gear gets better but as far as progressing raids goes with gear being bad for most players 25man is easier than 10man.

To answer your question:
    Magmaw, Omnotron defense System and Conclave of the winds all have around 35% killrate on my realm basicly 1/3 guilds have taken him in 10man. Halfus is alot more tricky because of the dragon setups. First week of raiding we had 100% attackspeed, non interrupt aoe knockback and stacking healing reduction on tanks. Due to gear it was impossible and contacted GM and he confirmed that the setup we had only 5% in the world had taken down at the first week, Tank damage was pretty much impossible to heal through, tanks had to switch at 70% damage reduction (after around 15 seconds) but the debuff lasted 30seconds so it basicly became un healable. then the aoe knockbacks didnt alow healers to keep tanks high enough and that wiped us for 3 hours.
    Back to the Halfus Wyrmbreaker, a whopping 60% on my realm has defeated him in 10man, how? simply because some drake setups (we had it last week) is so simple it's not even harder than trash. Timewarden, Whelps and the 100% attackspeed dragon is simply so easy you can release all drakes at the same time (we went for timewarden first to stop raid damage) and then just take whelps after that. We chose to kill the last dragon because we had time and didnt know how hard the stunning phase would be on tanks. But yeah, Halfus Wyrmbreaker can be the easiest or the hardest boss in 10man raid depending on your setup of drakes.

My guild started progress after newyears and just looked up wowprogress and took whatever most had seem to kill, however first week we got the impossible Halfus Wyrmbreaker setup and skipped him for this week (we got him and Valiona/Theralion down easy). we also waited with Conclave because we did focus on Magmaw and Omnotron first. Our progress now is; 6bosses down. Omnotron, Magmaw and Atramedes (26th kill on realm) BoT we got 2 first bosses, and we got the Throne of the four winds 1st boss down. which actually is easier than Halfus Wyrmbreaker and shouldn't be problematic for people that knows how to play. 2shotted him. Our survival hunter alone killed the tornado guy with a resto druid healing him.
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2011-01-08 at 11:16 PM.

Deleted
    the first encouters are easy tbh, but it gets harder and harder.
    www.google.de

15+ Year Old Account
    the first 2 bosses of BWD and BoT are quite easy entry encounters, but BoT is probably gonna give you more trash epics, so i'd go there first. Conclave of 4 Winds is also pretty easy, but takes some getting your head around compared to the above.

Our guild started in BoT and killed Halfus and Valiona, then progressing into Blackwing Descent, Killing Magmaw and Omnitron. Next we moved into throne of four winds, killed conclave. Back to Blackwing, killed all bosses to nefarion. Then BoT, killed cho'gall and council, tomorrow we'll kill al'akir and nefarion monday/tuesday.

Normal raids are relatively easy as long as people group up and also spread when needed to effectively, and everyone knows what the hell to do, eg healing chimaeron correctly.

Deleted
    Cheers for the quick feedback.

BoT seems to be the easier of the raids, and we'll be clearing atleast the two first bosses there first, depending on setup (heard that 3rd boss in BoT hates melee?). Then we'll be moving on to BWD, thinking of trying both Atramedes and Maloriak after downing ODS and Magmaw. Think we'll leave Tot4W for last since Al'akir seems hard, and it feels like a time waste if we step in there and just take one boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    The general progression is Magmaw, Omnitron, Halfus, Twin Dragons, Conclave, Maloriak, Atramedes, Chimaeron, Council, Cho'gal, Alakir then Nef
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    It would appear the world is retardeding at a pace much more rapid than previously anticipated.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zep View Post
    Cheers for the quick feedback.

BoT seems to be the easier of the raids, and we'll be clearing atleast the two first bosses there first, depending on setup (heard that 3rd boss in BoT hates melee?). Then we'll be moving on to BWD, thinking of trying both Atramedes and Maloriak after downing ODS and Magmaw. Think we'll leave Tot4W for last since Al'akir seems hard, and it feels like a time waste if we step in there and just take one boss.
    3rd boss isnt so anti melee now, and conclave IS easy, there's no trash, it's 2 more epics that people can probably use so it's hardly a waste.

Deleted
    I have no idea how u can call this "impossible setup" lol... then for the first time there we had the same setup.
    Took us whole 25 minutes to figure out that you release 2 dragons AoE (storm) and Speed (Scion)

Just have a tank rotation with communication on vent.

i.e

Boss = X
    Storm Dragon = Y
    Scion = Z

Tank one has X+Z untill 5 stacks, then on 5 stacks OT tunts the boss poppin cd's and tanks Y + X, just repeat. With heroism Storm should go down fast.

And just put a rogue or ele shaman on the boss to inderupt all the aoe novas ;p or let the tank tach each second and some caster with interupts take the others.