Poll: are heroics too hard

Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

are heroics too hard

hello i am just wondering what you guys think about the new heroics. usually people cant understand simple concepts like interrupting a spell or standing out of something that kills you so heroics are pretty much pointless. we get to the first boss, wipe 1-2 times then everyone leaves. i do not think this is fun and the people that you may think are stupid for wiping do not think looking up fights on the internet is fun either. i guess the 10% of the gamers that cried about WOTLK being easy are satisfied now and the 90% can quit since the are 'scrubs'

what do you think i am getting mad

Deleted
    It is hard to find a decent PuG roll with the guild better communication and gameplay aspects assure you that you will succeed in heroics.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they are too hard. That being said H Stonecore has given me some serious nightmares.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

Im Having no issues with Hcs at all... i play tank and healer on all of my classes... the new nerfs remind my of LK tbh i enoyed the trash, those were the only real dangerous thing in there

i just did throne of the tides. come on now, nearly 30 minutes of trash then we disband at the boss because people cant understand how to interrupt her 2 second spell and cant CC when adds come. no fun is to be had.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont think heroics are to hard, tho i dont like the endless waves of trash in Grim Batol, i get annoyed each time i get Grim Batol as daily HC.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I think you're in the minority here unfortunately. I've had many absolutely fantastic, successful, random groups. Out of all the randoms I've run on my paladin (too many to count) and my druid (a handful) I've only had one that I did not complete, and that's because I was on my druid and left because the rogue insisted on tanking everything (bosses, trash, you name it) and then yelled at me for not taking it back while my abilities were yelling "Need more rage". I just couldn't handle that.

That's one occasion, out of countless others. They're fine, just get some CC and some L2P and you're good to go.

i've only done a handful of the dungeons on heroic. not all are that hard if u just communicate before hand and just because there is an achievement titled it, DON'T Stand in the Fire.

They're not too hard, the general gaming population are just too shit.

Adapt.

Just run with a guild you will be fine. I don't find the heroics hard to cope with at all , i see them as difficult but as long as i run with 2 or 3 guildies i always do fine. They should not be nerfed either this provides a more steady approach into gearing up rather than like in WotLK where epics were just thrown at you

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    No they are not too heard and they can be "out-geared" quickly, and make them almost like WOTLK heroics. I know some mechanics and pulls etc must be CC'd or avoided or you die etc, but fact is more dps + hp pools + mana pools = lawl mode right now for everything.

Anyway, the reason why they may seem hard is:

a) The group is completely new and really are not ready for heroics
    b) WOTLK syndrome
    c) The players are extremely bad at their class pulling bad dps, bad tanking, bad healer with slow reactions
    d) Ignorance

To be honest, people are not taught much from leveling up in dungeons etc, they are all still tank and spank essentially, even with being revised etc. People bearly scrape through leveling and killing mobs as it is, and I really don't know how some of them got to 85 or even got the gear for heroics in the first place when they are completely idiotic. Ah well... the less pugs and more guild groups the better

the heroics are not hard at all, they just wants you to prepare for raiding and use your brain. exatly what it should teach. if they were easier, it was a fake favor, because it would make people lazy and pwn them off in raiding. i got this video to show exatly whats with heroics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfxPZ...ger_r2-2r-3-HM

enjoy!

Almost same as WotLK, we already started AoE tanking trash and that's with ~354 ilvl

What i think the general problem comes down to the dungeon finder being too easy a place for people try find groups, and then they expect that the group will be good enough to clear content.

I think a lot of people; if motivated to could find groups via trade, or through friends and do the content without worry.
    I generally have enough friends or guild mates on now that if I want to do a heroic, there is no issue, but the groups where you are dealing with people from you server, you can get a feel for how good they may be from their guild, you can armoury them to check if they have completed dungeons, it provides a more enjoyable experience for a lot of people.

The sad truth is, a lot of good solid players will simply join guild groups, or have made friends on their server that they don't need to use the dungeon finder to get group members. There are other options for people, it's UI may not be as pretty, or easy as the random dungeon finder, but trade chat groups can work- they might even be faster than the 45 minute queues for those poor DPS roles.

The Dungeons themselves are perfect i think. Boss fights are generally interesting, trash is short enough in most cases. It's not hard, just that you need to do a little more than WotLK

Quote Originally Posted by ketzil View Post
    I don't think they are too hard. That being said H Stonecore has given me some serious nightmares.
    I don't understand this. H Stonecore is one of the easier heroics, IMO.

Heroics when we were all fresh 85's were hard. Not impossible but hard, I very much liked the difficulty curb. Now though, it seems some people are starting to outgear it. I'm a prot pally and it's starting to feel like Wrath in some instances were I can just AE tank the entire pull. Though I am having to make good use of my stuns and cooldowns in order to do so, not a complete faceroll like Wrath Heroics were.

And as for the PUGS, I don't think I've ever had a PUG that didn't finish. Sure people QQ'd and left, they just got replaced and the group kept trucking. The easiest thing to do is start off with something like "Hey *CC Class* would you mind *CC Ability* the *insert mark here*" And the rest is a cakewalk.

Again I'm a tank and I make good use of CC and raid markings, don't think I've ever had someone just refuse to CC, I ask and normally they say "sure" So I haven't really dealt with "stupid tanks" and what not

i queued with my guildie just because he was from my guild and i didnt know him. he tricked the lfg tool into thinking he was geared enough. it was a ret paladin with some spirit healing gear and he did 3k dps. how can the lfg tool let people like this through?

Deleted
    Too hard?

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Nope.

P.S. AoE tank easy heroics on my pala in ilvl 338 thanks to a good guild healer and plenty of cooldowns.
    Last edited by mmoc91fe476a90; 2011-01-09 at 01:39 AM.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    i queued with my guildie just because he was from my guild and i didnt know him. he tricked the lfg tool into thinking he was geared enough. it was a ret paladin with some spirit healing gear and he did 3k dps. how can the lfg tool let people like this through?
    Because it's just that, a tool. It's what the players DO with it that matters.

There are a few pulls/bosses that are troublesome for most pugs I've done that I think could use a bit of tuning, and a few others that are really just rough because of poor LFD group composition, but for the most part they're fine.