Thread: Pounce-macro

Pounce-macro

Hello! i need help with a macro that will pop pounce instantly on the target when i spot him in stealth, anyone who can help?

Macros don't play the game for you. Just keybind pounce to something you can easily react with if that's what you want. You can spam tab to try to target quicker but then you'll have to use the mouse to move and can't click rend.
    Last edited by deneweth; 2011-01-09 at 01:37 AM.

well it would help significantly with a pounce-macro, and i'm sure there's one out there.

u can try to alter the "sap" macro not sure if it would work though but it's something like this i think:
    #showtooltip Pounce
    /console targetNearestDistance 10,000000
    /targetenemy [noharm][dead]
    /console targetNearestDistance 41.000000
    /cast [harm,nodead] Pounce
    /startattack

P.S.: u need to "spam" the button
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2011-01-09 at 11:02 AM. Reason: added P.S.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deneweth View Post
    can't click rend.
    Not clicker-bashing, but if you're noticing that it's too slow to click rend, then keybind it. That way you can use the mouse to move, and use keybinds to pounce and rend.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    u can try to alter the "sap" macro not sure if it would work though but it's something like this i think:
    #showtooltip Pounce
    /console targetNearestDistance 10,000000
    /targetenemy [noharm][dead]
    /console targetNearestDistance 41.000000
    /cast [harm,nodead] Pounce
    /startattack

P.S.: u need to "spam" the button
    Any confirmation on if this is working?
    And if it is worth using or if just spamming pounce normally is just as good?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unifybe View Post
    Not clicker-bashing, but if you're noticing that it's too slow to click rend, then keybind it. That way you can use the mouse to move, and use keybinds to pounce and rend.
    It was a DLC reference.

Tested it and it works. The advantage over just normally hitting Pounce is that with normal hitting Pounce you have to target the enemy first, with this it basicly "auto targets" and uses it if in range

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Tested it and it works. The advantage over just normally hitting Pounce is that with normal hitting Pounce you have to target the enemy first, with this it basicly "auto targets" and uses it if in range
    So does this macro keep it from targeting people that is not in range?, because my problem with no macro is it just keeps targeting the wrong people that is not even in range and then at that moment the rogue shows and it won't switch to him.

It should automaticly switch I only tested it in duels though so I can't be 100% certain.
    Normally it should target the nearest target available so let's say there's a R/P team coming out of the gates, if you start spamming then it'll target the priest and give the "oor message", now you suddenly see the rogue it should target him and if in range use pounce.
    So it should auto switch to the rogue using the targetnearest thingy.

Deleted
    If not, add:
    Code:
    /cleartarget [stealth]
    Just before the first /console line.

Can u add something like target player ? I mean its all good but if u have mage with pet,u try hit mage and pet get pounce.You can resolve that with having normal pounce and macro one on bar,but that just take space and time to swap.

Unfortunately the Sap macro doesn't quite convert for Ferals. Since Pounce breaks Prowl it's very problematic if you end up hitting the wrong target.

As Raze said, you can use two separate keys but personally I just opted not to use it all together.

Quote Originally Posted by Raze666 View Post
    Can u add something like target player ? I mean its all good but if u have mage with pet,u try hit mage and pet get pounce.You can resolve that with having normal pounce and macro one on bar,but that just take space and time to swap.
    doesnt /targetenemyplayer do that if you replace that line in the macro, given you can bind that in the wow keybind section it would seem odd for it not to have a slash command.

I did try that /targetenemyplayer still didn't work on mage with clones up,i got clone pounced;P
    Macro is great i mean i get rogue in pounce before sap 4 out 5 times Guss gonna have to get use to swap that faster.Man gonna get my self this razor naga mouse;P