Page 53 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    i blame insane ppl

charlie manson! the ice man! john wayne gacy! peewee gaskins!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Somehow most other civilized nations manage it without selling guns to anyone. I'm getting an impression that gun is a fetish of american culture, a symbol of safety against the outer world, a symbol of rights. It's like the constitution gives you the power over other people's lives.
    Except as other people have posted, your crime rate is no lower than that of America per capita, and what are you talking about "power over other people's lives"? I don't use my gun to influence anybody, unless its to influence a criminal to get out of my house.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    Whos military is stronger than the U.S.? China is getting there, but their might is mainly due to the numbers they have.
    We'd lose a war with china, but only because they have more people than we have bullets >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendix-187 View Post
    Russia. pretty sure of that.
    They keep low but they show
    there power time to time.
    This is my opinion not a statement.
    Russia is coming back, but 70 years or so of communism took a toll on their economy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koobs View Post
    These are the crimes that happen in droves every day, Fathers forced to rape their daughters while the mother watch, limbs removed for insufficient labor. An entire continent of human filth that we all ignore... You want to fight a war on terror? Then aim in the right direction.
    im not really sure at what you are getting at. my point was that this in violence that happens elsewhere and yet some people think Americans are the overly violent one. so i cant tell you if you are agreeing with me or disputing me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    i blame insane ppl

charlie manson! the ice man! john wayne gacy! peewee gaskins!
    Columbine was blamed on Marilyn Manson and The Matrix. I blame Justin Beiber.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    In terms of gun violence, that's completely wrong. The amount of deaths to gunfire in the US is drastically larger than any other country in the world.**

**I don't mean countries like Sudan or Warzones
    Except America barely breaks into the top 10 countries by amount of gunfire related deaths. South Africa is number 1 and most of the other countries ahead of the US are in Central/South America, excluding Thailand and Estonia.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think that they are more powerful than the US, not by a longshot, but the important thing is that you recognize that they are still a threat. Everyone seems to think that because they are no longer communist, they are no longer power-hungry. But they are, and they are simply biding their time...

this thing isnt just found in america its found everywhere around the world were people just rebel against their leaders for many different reasons (some are good reasons and some are bad reasons)

its only the media that focuses too much on this stuff in a specific culture/country
    also its the lack of feedback from leaders to their people on different opinions that gets shut down in a merciless horrible way

Deleted
    Or Russian, have you never read a history book or something? If you're questioning the influence of America on European security and liberties then I guess I don't really know what to say to you.
    Without Europes Influence the America you live in would not be the Same, so please don't start that nonesense.
    And Don't worry if America Will still Sitting back and letting Europe destroy itself then beleive me YOU would be Speaking German.
    The breaking Point for Germany in WW2 was after they failed to take Stalingrad not Americas intervention.
    Also Never Refer to Your Ancestors Victorys as your Own, it will Only belittle them.
    As for the Cold War? that was an American vs Russian Arms Race, and beleive me the reason the Wall got torn down wasnt Due to America.
    And as you Stated before, We dislike your so Called "Macho attitude then run to you when the shit hits the fan"
    Sorry I struggle to see the Macho Attitude anywere and Americans Intervention in WW1 was Primarily due to the Sinking of an American Ship by the German navy and because the BRITISH intercepted Transmitions Telling Mexico if they Attacked America then the germans would back them.
    WW2, America's Intervention was due to the Japanese gov. Asking the American gov to remove the American camps and such from Japanese terroity ecspecially The japanese oil fields, when America Rejected these terms Japan Attacked Peral Harbour and thats when America got Involved.
    So before you tell everyone to go read a history Book, i Suggest you try reading one before Fabricating alod of crap to suit yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebored View Post
    How about some personal responsibility for once.
    "Blame it on the media" is as ridiculous as blaming it on the guns.

When "the media" is so blatantly obvious with ratings chasing and agenda driven stories, why are YOU the human being not able to step back and think things through for yourself?

You picked out the kid who was always lying in school and stopped believing him, why can't you do that as an adult?
    I do that as an adult. I am not a sheep. I speak for myself. I have my own thoughts. I would be extremely ignorant to deny that the media doesn't influence me in one way or the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol, i doubt that =D
    yeah, who am I kidding, we could shoot every person on earth with a full clip and do it a hundred more times to each of their corpses and still not even spend half our ammo.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was Navy Seal once quoted as saying.

"It's not that American military is so good, it's that everyone else is so fing horrible."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonstine00 View Post
    Alright i made an account espically to answer this question.

The main thing that is affecting the way our culture is today is the media. You cant watch the news without hearing about a riot, rape case, murder, or political unrest. Now those of you that say the media is not to blame is wrong. Way back in the the beginning of the 20th century a fictional radio cast went out. It talked about how aliens were attacking and taking over cities across American. They said the invaders were killing without discrimation. The radio cast induced mass panic. Today we know this radio broadcast as "War of the Worlds." This clearly shows that even fictional prodcast cast can effect society.

Now those of you saying that we will have anti gun laws because of it are wrong. To truly understand why we have the second ammendment, you have to look at the culture and society of the time it was written. It was written back in 1776 on the dawn of the American Revolution. Back then we did not have a standing army, instead we were a bunch of farmers with guns or militia. It was written so such if ever there was a need to defend the homeland and the military was not equiped to it, the government could draft all the people with gun perments. This being they were already armed and hopfully willing to fight for America. This isnt about people being shot in the streets. What it is in fact ia a national secrurity issue.

PS. I know my grammer and spelling is bad. Please forgive me.
    America has an alternative now to Millitia, and its Civilian Contractors, more commonly referred to as Mercenaries. At one point in the second Gulf War there was a 1:1 ratio of US service personell in Iraq vs Mercenaries. Blackwater is one of the biggest privately owned defence contractors around, bankrolled by the US government, immune from prosecution either in the US or abroad, and typical of the US governments attitude towards arms sales and its foreign policy.

The US doesnt need its citizens to sign up to defend its home soil. They have mercenaries, and its that way because its own standing army is too small to support the massive number of people needed to hold up its wars and foreign occupations. In fact, they are now so dependant on 'civilian contractors' that they cant continue the occupation of Iraq with just its own army.

Civilian Contractors are immune from state law and military law, and they dont have to be included in the defence budgets or the figures for the US army. They are expendable and will do jobs the US army can't or wont. The problem is that Barrak Obama stated himself that he doesnt agree with using Civilian Contractors and would work to remove them, but he cant get rid of them or the US will be forced out of Iraq. They caused huge problems in Iraq as they frequently kill civilians, but cant be prosecuted by Iraqi's, and cant be courtmartialed. As their crimes are not commited on US soil they cant be tried under US law, and its US law coerced by the private security sector that forced this legal loophole into place.

A civilian contractor can kill an Iraqi family without provocation, and the worst that will happen is that they lose their job and return to the US where they will not be tried or convicted of any crime.

The problem gets worse as Blackwater employ personell worldwide, including poorly trained military groups known to have aided war criminals and have been involved in massacres. So, people who should be in prison are officially participating in US military operations.

Look up Blackwater and Erik Prince for lots of interesting information.
    Last edited by mmocc84566113a; 2011-01-12 at 11:29 PM.

Deleted
    If we're talking culture I would think that Russia has a different mindset than the rest of Europe.
    Russia Itself Changes culture and race the more east you go so would that mean Russia is Not Russia then using this ideology.

Why do I get the feeling people wouldn't care as much about this if it was Sarah Palin or a Republican Congressman/woman getting shot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    There was Navy Seal once quoted as saying.

"It's not that American military is so good, it's that everyone else is so fing horrible."
    Which holds a lot of truth. The American military has soldiers. Everyone else has guys with rifles running around like a chicken with it's head chopped off.

Deleted
    I'm aware of the differences between Eastern and Western Europe.
    then why did you state that Whole of EU was Different from Russia? (remember Russia is technically Europe aswell)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wine View Post
    then why did you state that Whole of EU was Different from Russia? (remember Russia is technically Europe aswell)
    techically its not europe. techically turkey is apart of europe because of istanbul but is rejected as a european country.

russia is mostly in asia and apart of other regions.

They just call up the mint and tell em "we need a billy, trucks will be there in the morning"

Done and done.