Thread: Guild Wars 2!

Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Guild Wars 2!

Anyone going to play Guild Wars 2 when it comes out? I used to shrug it off and think it would be garbage, but after looking at some game play I was shocked, if it is as good as it looks I might quit WoW for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsgB9-1mysM

It's what, $60 one time? No reason not to buy it really. Just running around the world should be entertaining enough. That's all I did in oblivion.

I've been thinking about it, but I'm just not sure whether I could get into the story or not, it seems much too dark and gloomy to me. I like WoW because it's got a great story to it that I could really get into, but there is also a lot of humor in it as well.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know approx release date?

There isn't one

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played both WoW and Guild Wars. Definitely getting GW 2, but not quitting WoW since...Guild Wars 2 you can buy and get on and off without having to worry wasting time.

GW2... This I am waiting for! This game looks amazing!

Wont QUIT WoW Indefentally, mabye for a bit when it comes out :P
    Hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwathir View Post
    I've been thinking about it, but I'm just not sure whether I could get into the story or not, it seems much too dark and gloomy to me. I like WoW because it's got a great story to it that I could really get into, but there is also a lot of humor in it as well.
    Sure the overarching story is dark and gloomy, but so is wow's. There's a ton of humor latent in the races themselves, be it the norn who seek glory in battle ( sometimes at hilarious result) who also love alcohol and kegball and barfights or the asura who are essentially an entire race of entirely evil masterminds. I'm talkin more evil than goblins and gnomes combined. There's a great quote from the first book that goes along the lines of Not living your lives is letting the dragons win. The fact that one of the mini games is barfighting, and another is basketball with a beer keg instead of a ball. Trust me there will be humor a plenty

---------- Post added 2011-01-09 at 06:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bags View Post
    It's what, $60 one time? No reason not to buy it really. Just running around the world should be entertaining enough. That's all I did in oblivion.
    This ^^ only 60 bucks and it allows you to play whenever you please no matter how long it's been. no subs EVER

I recall this too much.
    "When Age of Conan comes out, I'm quitting WoW"
    "When Aion comes out, I'm quitting WoW"
    "When Warhammer Online comes out, I'm quitting WoW"
    Of course someone can quit WoW for another game, I just seen many people say stuff like this to flops. Hopefully Guild Wars 2 is good, it does look good, no doubt about that.

15+ Year Old Account
    No thanks. It may be good, but having played GW1 if it's anything similar I couldn't bring myself to waste money on it.

Does it look good? Certainly, but definitely not my cup of tea. For the same reasons I hate WoW PVP/Arena, any game where PVP revolves around Rock-Paper-Scissors class/action design is not for me.

I may end up buying it if I have spare cash, but it would just be another game added to my list of "Oh god why did I ever buy this?".

At least it probably wouldn't take up a spot near FFXIV, Aion, Age of Conan, or Warhammer Online. Talk about mistakes...

GW1 was my first foray into MMO's when it came out. I'll definitely be picking it up, but like most will probably still be playing WoW too. I wish they would release some more info though, these long hiatus' are really annoying!

10+ Year Old Account
    I will buy it. I will play it. I will not quit WoW for it.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    At first I said "Heck no, GW one leveling seemed so damn lame, there wasn't a big exploring factor"... But this one? Oh god, you have a Home instance (Yay player housing that works), alignments (WoW should have that too), events which change the world (Imagine Goldshire burnt by Defias, and then being rebuilt) and decent PvE and PvP content (Especially the random events) convinced me to try it. Although I'll pick a RP server, with all those character choices, who wouldn't? It has a lot more content to RP than WoW, although WoW will always be my favorite, but I'm definitely buying this game.

Deleted
    As long as nobody utters the 2 Magical Words that have the reality bending powers to ruin any MMO before it's even released, this will probably be a great game.

This is the next generation of MMO's. Blizzards new one had best be paying attention.

It's rumored to be coming out in March-July, it looks great, looks like a huge step up from GW1, I am also looking forward to TERA they are both my top games right now for 2011.

Well fukkin hell, that looks absolutely amazing. And not only graphics, but the gameplay looks really cool. A bit like TERA, but doesn't seem as cumbersome.

Definitely going to try it out.

i plan to play it a bit i enjoyed the first guild wars storyline looking forward to playing char

I am the Warrior. Death is my business. Be it yours...or mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont have to worry about picking up quests? Just jump right in and play?

I will have a slice of that.

Thank you for the post!!
    <3