Thumbs down Before Any of It Begins...

I want to be on record as saying that normal mode raids in their current state are NOT too difficult. I am in a very casual guild that only runs 10-mans, scheduled at once a week with off night raid night once a week for any guild members wishing to attend, and are 4/12 currently. Magmaw provided us a challenge with much frustration, but died once we all learned the mechanics and worked through them as a team. Conclave of Winds died more simply than I can explain, and although it is a bit distressing not to know what's going on on the other platforms, it's nice to go to the platforms and see a dead Djinn. Halfus took several attempts to figure out which rotation would be the best to grab the drakes and for the tanks to learn how to switch off, but he died shortly after his enrage popped. Valiona and Theralion were simple once people learned to not stand in the flames of Valiona. Overall, we plan to have Omnotron, Ascendant Council, and Maloriak dead by the end of next week.

What does this mean? It means that even an extremely casual guild with 10 members who know the difference between ground graphics can kill these raid bosses in their current states. I understand that all the people who were complaining so recently that heroics were too difficult and that they should be nerfed are probably now being geared enough to enter raids in small numbers. They probably aren't geared enough, as we were our first night of attempts, and will most undoubtedly wipe on every attempt they try. They will soon flood these and the WoW forums pleading for the damage to be decreased or for cast times to be increased, and we will see Blues responding and polls going up: "which fight is the most difficult?" ... "does Magmaw hit for too much?" ... "which defense robot is too hard?"

People who complain, go away. These bosses are not too hard, they just take time. I understand you can't raid every day, you can't sit in front of your computer all the time, and that sometimes you will wipe for hours on end, but honestly... that's where I am at. Take the time now, get your gear to minimum iLVL 346 (not including your bag items, obviously), and just relax. You are not <Paragon>, <Method>, or the rest. You are casual. You are not meant to breeze through these raids in a few weeks. They will take you time and you might not even finish their heroic counterparts before the next large patch is released. Oh well. Don't go crying, even though we know you already will.

i decided to revive this thread. i jumped to page 502 to skim and found this well-constructed gem. paragraphs 2 and 3 really sum it up. Heroic T11 is still hard 2 patches later. Heroic DS is meh, gets hard at the 6th boss. 20% nerf though in a few weeks. ffs.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's great that you feel that way, but please do not necro a thread that is over a year old, I'm sure there are more recent threads this could have been discussed in or even it's own thread if there isn't a more recent one.