Need some advice / help (DK wise)

Heya guys.

First of all, i haven't played my DK since the middle of the ICC times, so i do feel like a complete noob or newb atleast ^^
    So what i would really like to know is:
    What specc should i lvl as, i do have some fairly alright Tank gear, about 37k hp and some dps gear
    Is it worth lvling as a tank or will it make more sense to just respecc to something new and get gear upgrades as they come

So this is what i need to know:
    Specc, glyphs and something about the new spells if possible

Any help will be much appriciated
    Quote Originally Posted by Untoldblasphemy View Post
    "You play for fun, but when I kill you, who's having the fun?"
    ^ Awesome !

If you want to tank at 85, I'd say spec tank and level up through doing dungeons, if you are not in a hurry and want to rush to 85, if so, then questing is most likely faster under many circumstances.. But, tanking in instances will give you a lot of experience and gear, which will result in you being better prepared when you reach 85.
    If you're looking for raw info on the different specs, you could either look at: DK tanking sticky on this very forum or EJ unholy guide or EJ frost guide

Assuming you are level 80, this is the spec (2H Frost) I would recommend:
    (I can't do links yet but basically get everything in Frost but skip over DW talents, Lichborne, Mind Freeze and Chillblains. Pick up Bladed Armor and Butchery in Blood)
    I used this spec to powerlevel when Cata launched and was one of the first 5 85s on my server. 2H frost, while currently subpar at endgame levels, is just amazing for levelling for the following reasons:
    -RP generation is insane, many times you can kill mobs by simply Frost Striking them to death. For harder mobs, the sheer number of Frost Strikes will give you plenty of Runic Empowerment procs (the new mechanic that refreshes DK runes).
    -You do not have to rely on a ghoul to be around doing ~60% of your damage.
    -MANY of the quest rewards/drops in Cata zones have mastery, which is all but useless for Unholy yet amazing for Frost. You can utilize the full benefit of these stats without having to worry about reforging.
    -On a Pale Horse. Nuff said.
    -Howling Blast is one of the most potent AoE spells in the game until the upcoming nerf.
    -2H Frost prefers Unholy Presence (as odd as it sounds) and thus you will always have the movespeed bonus.
    The glyphs and talent choices are fairly self-explanatory - for glyphs, Death Grip and all the minors except Blood Tap are personal preference. The talent points after 80 can go wherever you like, but Blood Tap or Virulence are good choices.
    Some things to note on new(er) DK mechanics:
    -You generally don't want to use Pestilence as Frost due to the 50% damage penalty to your diseases. In AoE situations, Howling Blast is king.
    -Frost never uses Festering Strike. Use Blood Strike for the blood runes to turn them into Deaths.
    -Frost Fever will always be on your target due to HB glyph and Rime procs. You can put Blood Plague up either with Outbreak or a random Unholy rune that procs from RE/Blood Tap.
    Hope this helps. I had a blast with 2H Frost and wish it was viable at endgame - here's hoping the buffs in 4.0.6 will help.