Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't done a PuG HC for a very long time now. I guess it's sad as the whole point of MMO's is to over-come tasks and meeting new people but WoW just doesn't work like that anymore, sure occassionaly you might find a decent patient tolerant person, but it's seeminly more rare and would just rather do them with the comfort and understanding of my own guild members (and actually enjoy it).

“All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"

I joined a guilds group during a heroic. What a waste of time that was. Their tank didn't even know her shield was broken for several pulls. I had fun watching before calling her out on it. They were terrible and very, very slow. Being in a guild doesn't automatically give you good groups.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    I joined a guilds group during a heroic. What a waste of time that was. Their tank didn't even know her shield was broken for several pulls. I had fun watching before calling her out on it. They were terrible and very, very slow. Being in a guild doesn't automatically give you good groups.
    Exactly. But lot of people just repeat "join a guild" just to show they're the cool kids that know the right thing to do.
    Bads will stay bad even if they make/join a guild: they simply don't care.

Be aware at all times.
    If you are asigned to cc keep an eye on the cc for if the mob is not dead yet and your cc breaks it'll probably cause the group to wipe.
    As a tank try to move the mobs from the ccd ones if they're too close for noobs tend to just aoe spam mobs instead of single targeting the marked one.
    If you've an interrupt use it as much as possible.

the thing with bosses in heroic 5man dungeons is... if you follow just a few rules:

1. Ground effects are bad. Move out asap!
    2. Interrupt everything you can.
    3. Kill adds.
    4. Stay behind the boss as DPS.

With that you can kill 90% of the bosses out there. Sometimes there are variations (wait a second before interrupting, ignore add and burn down the boss, etc.), of course, but most of the time this is enough to kill the bosses, they don't have very complex mechanics. tanks have to care a little more than dps in terms of positioning and cooldowns, but its not really hard either, especially if you have done the stuff at least once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait cata heroics are hard?
    Just wait till tier 12 if all you want to do is heroics then everyone will have there free epics and be scooting through heroics like wotlk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or do it with a guild. But that would only give you 90% success... Quite the quandary of sorts...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zynis View Post
    Wait cata heroics are hard?
    Just wait till tier 12 if all you want to do is heroics then everyone will have there free epics and be scooting through heroics like wotlk.
    Its already starting.. Im at like 350 ilvl and most of the time I dont need any cc.