Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now you get to feel the pain of being an Engineer, where all you do is spend money on the profession instead of making money... at least most of your items are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Brittany View Post
    but most enchanters level at a loss now.
    Oh boofriggenhoo, i just spent over 2k for lvl'ing 10 lvls of leatherworking...
    The man they call Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Trolltrolltroll
    Telling people why you kicked them is the only way for them to know how not to do it in the next group they're in.

Seriously, imagine you're 5 years old, playing with Legos in your room, and dad comes in and slaps you around a little bit and tells you that you're grounded. What do you learn from the experience? Just that dad is an asshole.

Don't be an asshole, dad.

I personally don't have an enchanter, atleast a current lvl one, yet I do support the idea of going back to the way it used to be in a group. I don't think that ppl who aren't enchanters should get the free d/e's just because there is one in the group. I remember paying for d/e's, and paying quite a bit at times. Every guild has atleast one enchanter in it if not nine or ten, so honestly it isn't hard to get a guildy to do it for you when u have a stockpile of greens saved up. This is what I still do for the greens I get while alone or not in party with an enchanter, and then after he d/e's them I give him a tip for helping me out. I think that if Blizzard reverted this back to it's original way, life as an enchanter would be alot better. Prices of mats would go up, prices of scrolls would go up, tips for giving an ench would go up, and then they could make money for d/e'ing greens for ppl once again. That's my 2 cents.....

Basically "free" scrolls is what did it.

I found with enchanting, like other professions, marketable items are flooding the AH because of people leveling their professions. For an example, I found Avalanche on the AH a few days after release for 60g, there was 10 of them. I bought them all and saved them, and sold a few. People who are leveling their professions sell their crafted items just to get rid of them, if you sell them more for vendor then it's worth it.

Also, look at alchemy. There's absolutely no way to make money off flasks if you sell them for 250g a piece. The only way to make money off this is to farm mats yourself. People do this, it's the only way to explain it. Not everyone buys their mats for profession items off the AH, which is why they can undercut people and still make money. There's also the gold farmers, they literally have teams of people farming herbs/ores/items and they can and will undercut you to the point of only making a few silver. If it's a gain, it's worth it to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Barreveler View Post
    Protip:

If there's high competition for enchated scrolls, sell raw mats.

If raw mats are expensive, buy greens and make raw mats or make scrolls.
    And this helps you level how???

The point of the story is that everyone is trying to level enchanting through the cheapest way possible. Either by making scrolls of enchants that have lowest material costs or by paying people a certain amount of gold for every skill level. The problem is that neither one of these two provide any sort of profit, they both provide loss. Also, even with weapon enchants that are used to level, I see them going for 20-40% less than what material costs would be.

This is all frustrating from an enchanter's point of view, but I must admit that even as an enchanter, I take advantage of the new enchant scrolls that sell for a couple of gold.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely