Kara. Right after I hit 70. My guild was like "Hey we need someone to heal Kara!" I was a ret pally at the time and had no idea what I was doing because I had just started playing a few months before, but they asked me to re spec holy and come heal. So I did and won almost every piece of gear on that run. Been a holy pally ever since. =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferbster View Post
    Karazhan, possible the best raid in the game, and closest to my heart.... Next to Ulduar
    This sums up my position well. I got randomly dragged into a Malchezar kill and didn't know a single thing about Kara or Raiding.

Good times.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

I played in TBC only as social, sometimes watching my IRL friends wiping at Mount Hyjal or SSC and thinking it was so hard

one day, two years ago, our 25 men raid leader brought me at Malygos and Sartharion with 3 drakes up to fill a spot

I died at almost every fire wall at Sarth and ALL of the third phases at Malygos, I was so confused and I really wanted to cry

it was a though start but now I'm a really good player, raiding 5/5 and sometimes leading it

(sorry my poor english)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    UBRS followed by ZG
    Main & raiding character: Elchali, Holy Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    VoA 10-man. Boy that was fun. :P

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    wanted to say Molten Core
    but apearantly UBRS is considered a raid so UBRS it is.
    wich ive run 25 times to get my valor shoulders and 99 times to get my valor breastplate.

YES 99 times!!!! i was doing nothing else then UBRS's for days... Then i got it and went to MC :P

10+ Year Old Account
    ZG, so much fun getting my but kicked

UBRS, though u could enter it while not in a raid. ZG was the one that required it.

Deleted
    First raidgroup was 15/10 man Strat Light side before they changed it to 5 man.

First raid-instance was Onyxia or MC, cant remember which I did first, got Onyxia with 30 people before all other slackers hade gotten attuned so was a pretty crazy first kill back then

original oxinia, what a disappointment that was as a melee dps. kill 3 dragon kin then spend half a fight killing whelps.

Quote Originally Posted by pixartist View Post
    ubrs, was 10 man back then if i remember correctly, then mc
    Ubrs was actually 15 man when if first came out, been my first raid and also scoring the lightforge shoulders yay, it was then changed to 10 man later if I recall. The raid that made Leroy Jenkins famous

If you count UBRS as I raid (and I suppose one should), then that was my first. After that Molten Core
    "6 years of wow, you still haven't learned not to stand in the fire?"

Deleted
    Good old naxx 2.0

Mine was actually SSC back in the BC days... I was so undergeared and shouldn't have been in there, but my friend's guild needed a few extra people and so they took me just for those extra few dps... Made it to lurker that night which I thought was the most amazing fight in the world at the time, lol.

But yup.... The lurker below is what got me into loving raiding.

Karazhan. I started in wrath so it was easy, had a few 80s carrying my friend and I who had just hit 70. Still my favorite raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Magtheridon's Lair. :3
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Karazhan!

IIRC the first raid group I was in did deadmines actually. When they first implemented raid groups they hadn't coded any of the instances to have restrictions on party size so people were raiding EVERYTHING to make it go faster and get decent gear instead of the craptastic random stat greens most people had to settle for.

The first 'real' raid I was in would either be UBRS if you want to count that (it became a 10 player raid) or MC.

Magtherion

Levelled to level 70 just before wotlk release and went there with my experienced friends, i remember being proud for having a couple of the epics from the event undeads, but even though my friends and i tried to hid me so i wouldn't get kicked for having bad gear i got spotted just moments before the pull (after ready check) and got kicked.

I don't know if i killed gruul before i got to 80 or not, but i consider my first raid to be naxx (80) as it was the place i started progressing and actually killed bosses.

It was quite a decent place to start actually, easy to learn fight mechanics and loads of different bosses to give much experience to a newer player, but now i'm like fuck that bring the hard stuff and love cata to no limits!

Deleted
    Karazhan on my rogue - the greatest raid ever