Quote Originally Posted by Coar View Post
    Just as the title says, what was the first raid you ever took part in.

Mine was VoA, killing Archavon.

I thought he had so much health lol.

What was the first raid you stepped into?
    My first raid ever was Kara when it first came out.
    I got the mount on my first kill and out rolled a 99 for it.
    It was the second one to drop on my server.

karazhan ofcourse

Deleted
    MC

I was playing my Undead Warrior and was told to tank. ''what the hell is tanking?'' was my reply, I was a complete noob.

Onyxia with my warlock: MOAR DOTS!

Karazhan. Amazing feeling to finally step into a raid. Probably not as fun for the 9 others in the raid though...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimar235 View Post
    ZG, but it was chaos.

First serious raid with a proper raiding guild was Karazhan.
    Same here...

10+ Year Old Account
    UBRS, I think. Can't remember doing any of the 5mans in a raid when that was still possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    MC, about 10 minutes after hitting 60, had no gear, no mods, and no idea.

was amazing.

karazhan - man i farmed the shit out of that place for months.

i also clearly remember my first ever attempt at attumen, the main tank DC'd but i'd been reading up on it and had heard tale of pally tanks single tanking it, i announced this to the raid on TS and they were like, "no way man" "you're the off tank and this is your first raid, no way you can do that". but i totally pulled it off, that night, i was legendary... i was also a total noob, but for that night, i was a pve hero

took a few more weeks running with that guild to realise how much of a total douche the raid leader/guild master was, i ended up taking over the raid leading and putting the GM to shame and led the guild all the way up to shade of aran. whilst the GM's second group were unable to get past moroes - i ended up poaching half the guild members and starting a new raiding guild. 5 years later, we're still going strong, i must've done something right... although i kinda lapsed a bit in cata, but that's due to a multitude of issues, cata content being shite and my job being a total ass for the last year.

i'll be back as main tank/raid leader/guild master in MoP and i can't wait, i'm gonna kick some ass - and it was all born from that first raid in kara, most of my guildies wont remember it as the original raiders in that group have mostly all quit now... there might be one or 2 still playing, but i'll never forget that night i became legend (in my own mind), it gave me the confidence to lead like a pro, even though our guild is kinda fail in the grand scheme of things.
    Last edited by smokii; 2012-07-30 at 10:06 AM.
    <insert witty signature here>

Scholomance, good times...good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Sound911 View Post
    MC, about 10 minutes after hitting 60, had no gear, no mods, and no idea.

was amazing.
    Absolutely this! ^

Deleted
    I think my first raid was zul'Gurub, but that was when I was at 80 and even though it was 20 levels below me I still had no idea what to do :P The first raid which was at my level though was OS I think, with my laggy computer, staying out of the lava was impossible :P

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, it was Karazhan. I didn’t go anywhere near Blackrock Spire when I was levelling up and, even if I did, I wouldn’t have known that it was a “raid” so I likely wouldn’t count it.

Truthfully, I couldn’t have started with a better raid. Even now, Karazhan is one of the most popular raids ever designed.

My first raid was Molten Core. I thought" this it's raiding? Awesome" since that time I understand that raiding was the way to follow

My first raid? Scholomance back when it was 10man! Then Strat and UBRS!

but for the proper big raid instances MC. we had no voice comes for a 40man raid it failed HARD. The guild leader was a guy called baelog back in the day (he was a hunter). My friends and I left skullcrusher server and went to balnazzar I joined a pvp guild and my mates joined a pve guild. I then joined their pve guild (I was in grand theft kodo a pvp guild XD)

Went into MC they were up to major domo on progress. First raid I was with them I got an epic! slowly built up my epics while my dkp went downhill. we downed rag by xmas I joined in november. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFcG2sDpiy8 a small bit of our first kill

ZG on my Druid, I was there at level 58, because they were short on people, but I was not invited back till I was level 60 hehe

10+ Year Old Account
    Molten Core pug... what a mess!

Friends took me to UBRS 10man

that epic felling and excitement, and cloth robe for mage at end, BLUE one!!! was so happy for it.

My guild needed a 10th for obsidium sanctum. I was 80 for only a few days, and had just started running heroics. It was very exciting, even though I of course died to the flame wall more often than I'd like to admit...

Deleted
    zul aman on a private server