Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Making Gold Quickly?

Hello!
    To start off I'd like to mention that I've never had much gold in this game,
    nor have I ever really farmed gold in the previous expansions.
    However! As I always try to get a nice present for my friend each year I intend to continue this trend,
    this year the plan is to buy the mount "Vials of the Shifting Sands".

As this seems to be quite expensive I'm also in need of a massive amount of gold and I currently only have 15.5k G.
    Now, after making a deal to sell my valor points by buying an item and selling that to a person, I will be at about 25.5k G on Tuesday,
    but after that I have no actual plan of how to get the required money.

TL;DR - How can I get ~30k gold as quickly as possible? (I dont have any gathering professions)
    Last edited by Malagan; 2011-01-09 at 06:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would pick up skinning, I powerleveled it from 1 - 525 in about 4 hours and have made a couple thousand gold from savage/borean leather in the AH so far.

edit: unless, of course, you already have 2 proffessions high level, in which case, I cant help you
    Last edited by Caiden; 2011-01-09 at 06:54 PM.

Roll a DK and get Herbing/Mining/Skinning. It won't cost a lot to get the mounts and stuff for him. When you've got him, I'd suggest level it until ~62/3 so you can safely travel through Hellfire.

Once you're that level go back and begin levelling one (or two if umad) of those gathering professions. Even the old world and Outland Herbs are obnoxiously overpriced so you're going to make shit tonnes of money really quicky. Never mind the 500G or so you get from doing the DK Staring Area + Hellfire Quests.

Making gold isn't too hard, but if you want to make tonnes of money at a time, outside of the AH, the best way to do is to spend time in gathering. Remember, once you get to Sholozar Basin you only need to spend about 20-30 mins a days to make a couple of thousan of G.

This may also help: http://www.almostgaming.com/wowguide...uide-with-maps
    Signature size violated forum rules.

10+ Year Old Account
    Power level Alch/ Herb. Tranmute volatile elements makes me roughly 380 gold, plus any herbs I have and the number of dailies I do.

I've made about 24kg farming herbs (mainly whiptail)and volatiles casually.

Quote Originally Posted by Ushra View Post
    Roll a DK and get Herbing/Mining/Skinning. It won't cost a lot to get the mounts and stuff for him. When you've got him, I'd suggest level it until ~62/3 so you can safely travel through Hellfire.

Once you're that level go back and begin levelling one (or two if umad) of those gathering professions. Even the old world and Outland Herbs are obnoxiously overpriced so you're going to make shit tonnes of money really quicky. Never mind the 500G or so you get from doing the DK Staring Area + Hellfire Quests.

Making gold isn't too hard, but if you want to make tonnes of money at a time, outside of the AH, the best way to do is to spend time in gathering. Remember, once you get to Sholozar Basin you only need to spend about 20-30 mins a days to make a couple of thousan of G.

This may also help: http://www.almostgaming.com/wowguide...uide-with-maps
    Related to this, I used to have 450 herbalism but my brother deleted it and got me Blacksmithing as a joke (Im a mage)
    I left this at level 1 skill and havent touched it for weeks. Is it possible for GMs to remove this and give me back herbalism,
    or is it too long gone?

Quote Originally Posted by A Forum Troll View Post
    Related to this, I used to have 450 herbalism but my brother deleted it and got me Blacksmithing as a joke (Im a mage)
    I left this at level 1 skill and havent touched it for weeks. Is it possible for GMs to remove this and give me back herbalism,
    or is it too long gone?
    It's worth a try. Just submit a ticket as soon as possible.

Also, as stated before, gathering professions are the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    It's worth a try. Just submit a ticket as soon as possible.

Also, as stated before, gathering professions are the way to go.
    GM's have a maximum of three months as a log. So if you submit a ticket within 3 months you should be good, as long as you haven't taken any advantage from Herbalism yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Coar View Post
    GM's have a maximum of three months as a log. So if you submit a ticket within 3 months you should be good, as long as you haven't taken any advantage from Herbalism yet.
    Lovely!
    Approximately how much gold can I make per day, estimating I spent 3 hours per day picking flowers?

My suggestion, relevel herbalism. You'll make money off herbs you need anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Parts of this thread make me laugh, other parts make me lose faith in humanity.

Deleted
    On my server the Valor Points BOE's sell for 20k! must suck being on an inflated server :P

Enchanting/Alchemy

Buy mat's for trinket for 800, DE and sell Maelstrom Crystal for 2k

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    On my server the Valor Points BOE's sell for 20k! must suck being on an inflated server :P
    Oh, same here. Fail math - 35.5k G I meant obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lovely!
    Approximately how much gold can I make per day, estimating I spent 3 hours per day picking flowers?
    I reckon in the ballpark of ~3k a day if you are herbing in cata zones, maybe much more

Quote Originally Posted by Caiden View Post
    I reckon in the ballpark of ~3k a day if you are herbing in cata zones, maybe much more
    Estimating I need about 50k G for the mount (probably gonna need more) and that I sell Valor item for 20k+ my 15k,
    that's 5 days of herbalism.

Not bad

you can always do like my guild attempt maloriak with a less then optimal group for hrs finally get him head over to chimaeron and kill the trash for him got a soul blade one day next day fury of angerforge :O soul blade sold for 63k trinket went to a pally.....

Quote Originally Posted by Elria View Post
    you can always do like my guild attempt maloriak with a less then optimal group for hrs finally get him head over to chimaeron and kill the trash for him got a soul blade one day next day fury of angerforge :O soul blade sold for 63k trinket went to a pally.....
    With a 1/10 chance of winning an item + having to find a decent group, I'd say my chances aren't good. Not a liable source of gold for me atm

Hello!
    To start off I'd like to mention that I've never had much gold in this game,
    nor have I ever really farmed gold in the previous expansions.
    However! As I always try to get a nice present for my friend each year I intend to continue this trend,
    this year the plan is to buy the mount "Vials of the Shifting Sands".

As this seems to be quite expensive I'm also in need of a massive amount of gold and I currently only have 15.5k G.
    Now, after making a deal to sell my valor points by buying an item and selling that to a person, I will be at about 25.5k G on Tuesday,
    but after that I have no actual plan of how to get the required money.

TL;DR - How can I get ~30k gold as quickly as possible? (I dont have any gathering professions)
    here try this my everyday.

1: Goto Ah and buy Vola life usually cost 10g per 1, so buy 15.
    2: Transmute them to Vola Air by doing the transmute in uldum.
    3: Put them up for about 600g just made a 500 profit in 20 mins, and go farm whiptail in tol barad right after the battle is finished by the crocs area.
    and do dallies.
    World PVP and Arenas Are Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Cerebes View Post
    here try this my everyday.

1: Goto Ah and buy Vola life usually cost 10g per 1, so buy 15.
    2: Transmute them to Vola Air by doing the transmute in uldum.
    3: Put them up for about 600g just made a 500 profit in 20 mins, and go farm whiptail in tol barad right after the battle is finished by the crocs area.
    and do dallies.
    Volatile Air is only worth a little bit more than Life on my realm though.
    And I'm not an alchemist

Forgot to mention you should probably solo TBC raids as well, Magtheridon, 500g for 15 mins work nom nom nom.

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubs View Post
    Forgot to mention you should probably solo TBC raids as well, Magtheridon, 500g for 15 mins work nom nom nom.
    Easier said than done, as a mage