Ele PvP Glyph Question?

Why does glyph of shocking say it reduces the gcd of shock spells to 1 second yet when I use flameshock ect it still has like a 5 second gcd? It says on the glyph reduces the gcd "to 1 second", not "by 1 second".

Quote Originally Posted by NecropK View Post
    Why does glyph of shocking say it reduces the gcd of shock spells to 1 second yet when I use flameshock ect it still has like a 5 second gcd? It says on the glyph reduces the gcd "to 1 second", not "by 1 second".
    GCD, or Global Cooldown, is the short, 1.5s base Cooldown that is triggered after casting a Spell.

What the Glyph is meant to do is bring this down to 1 second.

Im still a little confused, however, for pvp then would glyphing this instead of flameshock glyph be more beneficial since so many comps can dispell fs now?

Quote Originally Posted by NecropK View Post
    Im still a little confused, however, for pvp then would glyphing this instead of flameshock glyph be more beneficial since so many comps can dispell fs now?
    I would definitely use glyph of shocking over glyph of flame shock for the reason you just posted. For ele, I'd say glyph of LB, Shock, FTW imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamygandof View Post
    I would definitely use glyph of shocking over glyph of flame shock for the reason you just posted. For ele, I'd say glyph of LB, Shock, FTW imo.
    Ya im thinking Lvb, lb and shocking