Darkmoon Card: Volcano and Direct Damage Spells

Does it only proc off of direct damage spells? I cast over a hundred mind flays, and it never proc'ed. I got two procs off of 5 mind spikes.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It currently only procs off of direct damage spells on live. In the PTR, people are saying its proccing off of DOTs though.

Correct, it only procs off direct damage (MB, MS, SW: D). I tested it in my first raid today and I had an uptime of 20 - 25% on different encounters.

Mind Flay counts as DoT, not direct damage. So yeah, only MB, MS, SW: D and maybe Imp. DP would proc it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

This has been proccing extremely early in boss encounters without me casting MB. Just been to test on the training dummies and its now proccing off DoTs and MF (which is a DoT anyways). This is on live, not the PTR.

iirc should have been fixed in live to proc off dots sometimes tonight on eu realms (GMT+1)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velran View Post
    This has been proccing extremely early in boss encounters without me casting MB. Just been to test on the training dummies and its now proccing off DoTs and MF (which is a DoT anyways). This is on live, not the PTR.
    It was hot fixed to proc off of DOTS on live, and strangely enough, it doesn't proc on the PTR off DOTs. Anyways, welcome to your new BIS trinket Shadow Priests.