PvP weapons in PvE

I see this quite a lot, and thought I'd ask: Would taking the epic pvp daggers likely be a dps upgrade for me over these heroic ones, depsite the stat losses?

Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oalot/advanced
    Who is Chris Metzen? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Zarhym tell it, anybody could have worked for Metzen. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that... poof! He's gone.

Deleted
    main hand yes off hand no

wack it into http://shadowcraft-test.appspot.com/

edit: basically the OH wep is more of a stat stick than the mh, so dmg is more important on ur main hand compared to oh.
    Last edited by mmoc807de2168a; 2011-01-09 at 10:29 PM.

As far as I can tell, it gives no real dps increase when using them. They have Crit which is our worst stat, and Resil, also, you can't reforge any of it.
    Last time I check on my server Durotan US, the random few rogues that have it, do less damage than I do with Heroic daggers from Dungeons.

And if "what is their gear?" is your next question...
    They in theory have more epics than I do and higher stats I would think because of them. But in the end in raids, I still do a lot more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Redexadieu View Post
    main hand yes off hand no

wack it into http://shadowcraft-test.appspot.com/
    cheers pal
    Who is Chris Metzen? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Zarhym tell it, anybody could have worked for Metzen. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that... poof! He's gone.

Deleted
    np, i used the same wep setup, vicious mh gave a dps increase of 200, equipped the offhand was around a 70 dps loss

Quote Originally Posted by kagero2024 View Post
    As far as I can tell, it gives no real dps increase when using them. They have Crit which is our worst stat, and Resil, also, you can't reforge any of it.
    What you said here is not true at all. The crit can and should be reforged to either hit or mastery after cap.

I use both vicious MH and Thrown for pve with a dps increase, now the throw will be replaced if i can get the hc one from HOO, but i don't see that happening anytime soon.

I do however have a gun which gives me slightly more dps in the shadowcraft spreadsheet, but i feel the loss of a gcd and the annoyance of weapon swapping not to be worth it.

One more daily hc to go for the valor trinket

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kildal View Post
    I use both vicious MH and Thrown for pve with a dps increase, now the throw will be replaced if i can get the hc one from HOO, but i don't see that happening anytime soon.

I do however have a gun which gives me slightly more dps in the shadowcraft spreadsheet, but i feel the loss of a gcd and the annoyance of weapon swapping not to be worth it.

One more daily hc to go for the valor trinket
    Yeh I was in the same situation, using lightning flash hc for single target and garona's spare star for aoe. When the stat difference was that great i felt it worth it. I just put a weapon equip macro into mutilate/backstab to equip my gun, and when i pressed FoK it swapped to the thrown. The GCD is annoying tho- but i tried to be pre emptive.

For example on magmaw, you can see when the adds are gunna spawn- I'd press FoK to equip my thrown 1 sec by i actlly needed to FoK, worked ok tbh =0

PVP pieces are upgrades from 346 for:

MH
    Thrown
    Braces
    Pants (depending on pants.)

Quote Originally Posted by Disarmonia View Post
    What you said here is not true at all. The crit can and should be reforged to either hit or mastery after cap.
    I stand corrected, sorry, must have misread what was said about reforging PVP gear.

Quote Originally Posted by dmbrandon View Post
    PVP pieces are upgrades from 346 for:

MH
    Thrown
    Braces
    Pants (depending on pants.)
    thrown is an upgrade in terms of single target dps?

Quote Originally Posted by SpacedOut View Post
    thrown is an upgrade in terms of single target dps?
    No, but the difference is negligable. and if you equip the mind numbing on it and FoK to slow the cast speed of bosses like Maloriak (also adds come lol) it equals out throughout the fight. HUGE dps increase on fights like halfus when the whelps are up.