Thread: RIFT Beta

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

RIFT Beta

So does anybody know how to get into the RIFT beta? I have made a trion account and made a beta profile, but I'm kinda being a derp when it comes to getting beta keys, so I don't really know if they just send me a beta key or I gotta do something to get it.
    Thanks in advance.

Noone tell him! Stick with wow!

Then send you one, its fun as hell though...but it can get kind of overwhelming.
    After you sign up they should send you a key for next phase of testing its currently going through one now.

Deleted
    i got mine from Facebook, you should look around :P

and btw does anyone know when beta 5 will start?

You sign up at the bottom of your Trion account page, and they will send invites out to random people when they are having events. The beta is not continuous (the one that just happened ends tonight), they will just send out random events. Its 7.7 gigs to download, and if you don't have a good comp, keep your graphics low, or you will be getting low FPS.
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got mines thru Fileplanet, idk if that helps... but as the poster above said, this current beta ends tonight so id try and get an inv for next test if youre still interested, or you can pre-order, i just read that guarantee beta access from here on out

From what i heard it plays exactly like and WoW and feels like WOW. So this will be a game I will be avoiding. Only way a MMO will make a name for itself is;
    1) Be different
    2) Don't attempt to copy what WoW does.

Another reason why Warhammer tanked because Mythic attempted to use what WOW already did.

Deleted
    Thanks alot for the great answers guys, I can now sleep calmly tonight knowing I don't have to do any more to get the beta.

From what i heard it plays exactly like and WoW and feels like WOW.
    It kind of plays like WoW, as in rogues use combo points. But it does not feel like WoW, it's a different game, and you can tell it is. There are a lot of features in Rift (instead of having a add on for bartender, its a menu setting that allows you to customize your size/alpha/location of everything) that I wish WoW had. It is defiantly a different game, and is not trying to copy what WoW does besides what all MMOs do.
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

syfy.com has a sign up

Sylvari Necromancer

10+ Year Old Account
    I was a big naysayer for this game about a month ago.

Then Friday, I got into the Beta test. I felt bad for bashing the game.

I just preordered the digital version off RIFTs website an hour ago.

This game is great. Don't listen to the people who haven't played it... or the 1 out of a million that act juvenile and say the game's a WoW clone. It's definitely not. A few typical commonalities is the energy action points for rogues, two factions that don't get along... with a third party jumping down their throats and elves/dwarves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Hc2ZZcu-2o

Link to the Rift Video.

It doesn't do the game justice, but it's a great plain way of describing it!

For the first time in years, I'm actually excited for another MMORPG to come out. I won't say it's a "Wow killer". We know that will never happen.

But for those of us wanting to brave new territory and don't mind getting overwhelmed... this is definitely it.
    Last edited by Steampunk; 2011-01-10 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Link to Vid
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunk View Post
    I was a big naysayer for this game about a month ago.

Then Friday, I got into the Beta test. I felt bad for bashing the game.

I just preordered the digital version off RIFTs website an hour ago.

This game is great. Don't listen to the people who haven't played it... or the 1 out of a million that act juvenile and say the game's a WoW clone. It's definitely not. A few typical commonalities is the energy action points for rogues, two factions that don't get along... with a third party jumping down their throats and elves/dwarves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Hc2ZZcu-2o

Link to the Rift Video.

It doesn't do the game justice, but it's a great plain way of describing it!

For the first time in years, I'm actually excited for another MMORPG to come out. I won't say it's a "Wow killer". We know that will never happen.

But for those of us wanting to brave new territory and don't mind getting overwhelmed... this is definitely it.
    It doesn't change the fact that it doesn't bring anything new to the table.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you are mistaking the word fact for opinion.

If you look at it that way... neither did WoW and I've still been paying them every month since release.
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunk View Post
    I think you are mistaking the word fact for opinion.

If you look at it that way... neither did WoW and I've still been paying them every month since release.
    True but they advertise it as being next gen... what's next gen about it then? Rifts are just public quests from Warhammer, Souls are talent trees... I heard the quests are boring and grindy and repetitive, the game is linear. Looking at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AoM8HCICFg I can't get rid of the feeling that it looks and feels like Warhammer online - too much like Warhammer Online (I've spent quite some time on WHO). The only thing that looks good is the graphics... The combat looks dull. Yes I know WoW is a copy too, but it's a damn well executed one - atleast they spiced up the combat with some reactive abilities that require your attention and not just sleep and spam 3 skills (like Warhammer Online for example).
    Last edited by Grable; 2011-01-10 at 08:16 AM.

Deleted
    I watched a trailer and laughed at how bad this game seems to be :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    I watched a trailer and laughed at how bad this game seems to be :P
    So did I, as I wrote above.

Then I got into Beta Test 4 and realized how bad their PR is. Hop in on a beta. Their DL client was lightning fast for me.

I didn't enjoy it very much, the quests are boring and the PvP is lackluster .

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkerkamikaze View Post
    I didn't enjoy it very much, the quests are boring and the PvP is lackluster .
    Compared to what?

OT: Rift looks amazing. If I had the money, I would pre-order it on Steam. D:

sign up via the site. Its pretty incredible to be honest, best mmo since wow .

Deleted
    got the acc and tried that.
    Pretty decent if u ask me, had some fun playing it. But not decent enough to pay 15euro a month in the future.