Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Girls who control their BF's

how many people have friends like this? girl trying to take you away from hobbies you like (football, group of friends, video games etc) my friend stopped playing WOW because his new gf said she don't like that game and he agreed with her, wtf! i would never let a girl control me like that, i would leave the relationship if a girl tries to go tyrant on me. what do you guys feel about this?
    Last edited by splifone; 2011-01-10 at 03:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i play wow with my bf, and to be honest if he wanted me to stop playing wow i would, i care more about him then a game, maybe your friend feels the same?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either person controlling the other in a relationship is unhealthy.

Deleted
    wel it completely depends how much you play wow

If my respective partner asked me to give up WoW, I would say yes, but only if he gave up one of his prolific hobbies.

It isn't fair to have someone domineer you just because you play WoW. If they were to ask you to play less, that would be reasonable. Asking you to give up an entire hobby is unreasonable. So if asked, I doubt he would end up getting what he would want unless he really wanted to give up one of his favoured activities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends, if I was asked "WoW or me", I would probably go for WoW, not because I like WoW more than her, but because if she isn't happy with something I'm doing, then I'd expect her to confront me about it in a different manner, and respect that we could see eye to eye. If she asks you that, then she probably isn't for you.

That said, it depends on how much you like the game, and how much you like him/her.
    Last edited by Syntic; 2011-01-09 at 11:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people ho want to quit wow just need a good excuse. My GF and I play wow together, I wouldn't mind playing without her, but I definately would prefer to play a game with her.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zæl View Post
    wel it completely depends how much you play wow
    I'd have to say I agree. Either person in a relationship should be free to have their own hobbies and their own time. However, if WoW is taking up so much time that they never see each other, that's obviously a bad thing.

Any person saying "I want you to quit having hobbies, because I want you to be with me instead" is clearly out of line though. In the end, however, there's really no way of knowing how the situation with OP's friend has gone down.

Like Linry said, RL relationships > WoW. If you put WoW over your boyfriend/girfriend/husband/wife/children/etc...I'm sorry. I, too, play WoW with my boyfriend. He plays CoD: Black Ops. He even plays CoD while I'm trying to sleep, but I don't mind, because I care about him and he can play his games. But as soon as he starts neglecting other important things, like work, then it's time to be like, hey, I love you you and all, but get off of the internetz please.

10+ Year Old Account
    My ex tried to control me very much. I couldnt have girl friends that havent been with a boy for over 2 years, she wanted it but of course I couldnt and she wanted me to do alot without telling me why :P
    I can like it if its just as a joke during like wild sex or similiar, but if its serious, I will tell them to do the same for me!
    You always gotta give something up ;P
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu

I would not stop playing if my boyfriend told me to. Unless he had valid reasons as to why I should stop (honey, your ass is getting fat) but only then would I slow down or moderate , even though i do not play for even half the amount of time as I used to in original WoW and BC.

I'm sorry but I have been in a controlling relationship before and it didn't end well.
    I will decide when or what I want or should do.

On the note of specifically Girlfriends controlling their boyfriends when it comes to video games, this I would never do. I mean I will tell him what he should do in certain games (mainly consoles) ,when it's obvious he can't figure out what he needs to accomplish, or keeps missing the obvious route, etc. but only because he appreciates it.
    In fact I dont think I can't date a guy who doesn't play videogames, What the hell would we do in the house?? (outside the bedroom of course)
    Last edited by galaxiah; 2011-01-09 at 10:12 PM.

Sylvari Necromancer

Deleted
    I just happen to go to a rather hard (not that we have shitloads to learn, but we have to work our asses off to finish projects, models and sutff) colleage, and I spend a lot of time working on my PC. I just tell her I'm doing that when I have to raid. I'm ashamed of playing, only my best friend knows I do

15+ Year Old Account
    I think a lot of people fail to see that there's a balance involved. I don't support partners pressuring their significant other into doing something they don't want to do. Quitting WoW altogether is, for me, way across the line. I would never do that for a girl. I could cut down of course, but I would not quit completely at this point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordaen View Post
    Like Linry said, RL relationships > WoW. If you put WoW over your boyfriend/girfriend/husband/wife/children/etc...I'm sorry. I, too, play WoW with my boyfriend. He plays CoD: Black Ops. He even plays CoD while I'm trying to sleep, but I don't mind, because I care about him and he can play his games. But as soon as he starts neglecting other important things, like work, then it's time to be like, hey, I love you you and all, but get off of the internetz please.
    I think the OP is more on topic of partners who control their significant other by telling them they shouldn't play just because they don't like it, or don't want them to, for absolutely no valid reason.

Sylvari Necromancer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxiah View Post
    I would not stop playing if my boyfriend told me to. Unless he had valid reasons as too why I should stop (honey, your ass is getting fat) but only then would I slow down or moderate .

If he said that, its a compliment. Well..... kinda.

Uh, there's a difference between being controlling and not wanting someone to play a GAME. I don't see a problem with it, but you obviously don't realize how much time some guys devote to something that has 0 significance in real life.

Honestly if you can't choose a girl over a game, then you're better off being alone and dating your game. At the very least if you can't play WoW, find some other social activity you can do together if she won't play WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    i care about my GF mroe than wow, if soemone made me choose between the two it would be her, wouldnt even have to think abou tit.

but if she made me choose, i would choose the game becasue although i still care about her more than wow, i dont want to be in a relatioship where im ebing told what to do :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Honestly though I'd be amazed if the xpac took that long, even taking Blizzard's soon(tm) into consideration. If it doesn't come out before October it means there are some serious issues behind the scenes and it's time to abandon ship like an Italian cruiseliner captain.

i mean i understand if ur getting addicted to video games, but if someone in the relationship is trying to turn you into someone your not, and if YOUR not happy, leave the relationship is what im sayin

10+ Year Old Account
    No girl has ever controlled my actions.

Not to sound like an asshole, but I'm too dominant in relationships, I've been asked twice to stop playing, or stop doing xyz. I'm good with manipulation, so I usually talk them down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    Uh, there's a difference between being controlling and not wanting someone to play a GAME. I don't see a problem with it, but you obviously don't realize how much time some guys devote to something that has 0 significance in real life.

Honestly if you can't choose a girl over a game, then you're better off being alone and dating your game. At the very least if you can't play WoW, find some other social activity you can do together if she won't play WoW.
    Indeed, I agree with your statement.
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu