Thread: Cho'gall Tips

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    And his model wasn't updated, it actually changes and grows a tentacle and more spikes when he enters Phase 2. :P
    Yeah i went back and watched my video again and noticed this :P Was just confused on our second kill when i had a look at the corpse and saw his arm.

We got to 4% with the standard setup - 2 tanks, 3 healers, 5 DPS. We then decided to swap a healer for a DPS (healer's offspec) and it went so much smoother. Sure, we had a few wipes this way with some random mistakes, but after swapping to this we downed it on like the fourth try. In P2 we went for three add waves with dps spread on tentacles for interrupts, then just zerg Cho'gall. We killed it with like six people alive.

I'd say you get it with 6 DPS, and the easiest way to do this is to have good and/or geared healers that can duo it. We were kinda strapped for DPS/healing/tank suvivability since half the loot we got so far have been disenchanted, so if your group has close to full epic it should be very smooth.

I wish we could 2 heal it, our three healers are having a hell of a time with the huge tank/raid damage going out.

Post Chogall tips

We did it with this setup-

Healers:
    Holy Paladin
    Holy Priest
    Resto Druid

DPS:
    1 Survival Hunter
    1 Frost DK
    1 Feral Druid
    1 Elemental Shaman
    1 Destro Warlock

Tanks:
    Prot Paladin
    Blood Death Knight

Personally from my perspective as a Holy Paladin, I think the key thing is making sure you have enough DPS on the adds. If you can get your group to prioritize fast swapping to killing the small corrupted adds that spawn without taking any damage from them, your corruption won't fill up quick enough to slow you down in the 3rd phase. Then, you really take a lot of difficulty off your shoulders. Of course managing your corruption is a big one too. Try to have good situational awareness and dodge the shadowcrashs and stuff.

I read this post and wanted to lend the OP my insight so I made an account and just registered so I am not allowed to post videos or links but if you private message me I'd be happy to show you a video from my perspective.

I hope this helps!

Stack up behind Cho'gall during P1 and use a Destro Lock to Shadowfury Conversion.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or if you're horde have a lol Blood elf racial rotation stacked up behind the boss. Prot paladins are excellent at it, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherfall View Post
    Or if you're horde have a lol Blood elf racial rotation stacked up behind the boss. Prot paladins are excellent at it, as well.
    Not to mention the only use I've ever found for Tauren Stomp =O

15+ Year Old Account
    If you're a warrior tank this might be helpful. It's our warrior tank's PoV: (just mute it if you don't like the music)

Remember to HD it (1080p available)
    Last edited by tet; 2011-02-20 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tawney View Post
    I wish we could 2 heal it, our three healers are having a hell of a time with the huge tank/raid damage going out.
    If you are getting the worships fast and people are dodging crashes the only big source of damage is shadow phase aoe that can be slowly healed up over a long time. There is very little damage when the fight is done correctly.