Star War: The Old Republic

I see a lot of talk about DC Universe and Rift.. but no much about SWtOR yet. What do you guys think about this game and how it looks so far. Can it succeed where Galaxies so horribly failed? For me personally, I still hold out hope that one day there will be a good MMO that lets me use the force. Maybe that day is coming.

Star Wars was talked about much more than both of those games combined. Its just that DCU comes out tomorrow, so its the subject of the day atm.

Galaxies failed because it was made by Sony Online Entertainment, who has a history of ruining MMOs. That is why I fear for DCU, which has a ton of potential, but being made by SOE.

The Old Republic is being made by Bioware, which is considered to be the best RPG developers of this generation. They are the ones who created the original Knights of The Old Republic, which was one of the best RPGs of all time. From what we have seen so far, the game is looking good. A dozen of the Gaming websites got to play it for 6 hours a month ago, including an Admin from MMO-Champion, and all of them say its great so far.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Bioware made one bad game...

I have never played a Bioware game that has not made my jaw drop. All I can say is I will be there for the midnight release. I plan on playing both WoW and ToR, but the only reason I am going to play wow is because I am a hardcore raider. I can't really see how ToR can work a good raid into being but if the raiding in ToR is good then i'm done with wow.

If Bioware can't do it, no one can...

WoW will still have a loyal fanbase, but combine the markets for MMO's and Star Wars fans, and this gives Bioware the opportunity to be incredibly successful with this game, perhaps enough to compete evenly with WoW!

There are so many amazing things about SWTOR that are going to be better than WoW:
    Fully voiced NPCs and Player Characters
    Immersive story (and the chance to impact the story, character story, companions stories).
    Crew Skills Crafting

If they do Endgame progression and PvP well, the sky is the limit for Bioware!

Quote Originally Posted by boothegreat View Post

Shattered Steel? Sonic Chronicles? They weren't bad, but just average compared to biowares later work. Every company has made a game that not many people know of. I mean, does anyone know Blizzard made a game called MicroLeague Baseball? lol

Quote Originally Posted by boothegreat View Post
    Mass Effect, but they redeemed themselves in ME2.

I think SWTOR will have the same problem that GW2 will probably have. Lack of endgame content. SWTOR emphasizes a lot on story, and they seem to be depending on people making alternate characters to keep themselves entertained, rather than stick with one character. There's nothing they've shown that could possibly keep me wanting to play my toon after he hits the level cap. Looking forward to future content they reveal.
    It's my most anticipated MMO right now, and I hope it blows me away with what its got going. I love story in a game more than anything else.

DC universe offers something new for all gamers making it number 1 to talk about, it also has one of the best PvP from all of these two games and WoW combined, Just think about.... having ice power, freezing ur enemy, turning him into an iceblock, grabbing him and throwing him at his allies.

Plus, who doesn't like to be a Villain?!

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorkleft View Post
    Mass Effect, but they redeemed themselves in ME2.

I think SWTOR will have the same problem that GW2 will probably have. Lack of endgame content. SWTOR emphasizes a lot on story, and they seem to be depending on people making alternate characters to keep themselves entertained, rather than stick with one character. There's nothing they've shown that could possibly keep me wanting to play my toon after he hits the level cap. Looking forward to future content they reveal.
    It's my most anticipated MMO right now, and I hope it blows me away with what its got going. I love story in a game more than anything else.
    Mass Effect wasn't bad. The Story was just as good, if not better than ME2. The combat was a little clunky is all.

And Bioware has already said there would be endgame. We know for a fact that dungeons and battlegrounds are in the game, because we've seen them. The only other endgame content we haven't seen yet is raids, which Bioware has said would be in. We can't hope to know what endgame is like in ANY game this early in release. WoW certainly didn't, why should TOR?