Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Never have trouble with mana on this boss as mage. I blastwave, flamestrike, living bomb, combustion, (by the time I have a impact proc up) so spread it all with fireblast then carry on flame striking. Just use mage armour for that boss :\

"DK kites the bugs for our guild normal and HM so raid just ignores them."

Do they despawn after a certain amount of time? Because I can't imagine someone being able to kite 4+ waves of bugs? Like 25-30 mobs. Or is the DK able to kill them quickly enough?

I use Molten Armor on Magmaw and mana is indeed a bit tight, but basically you don't spam Flamestrike. I start with Living Bomb on one, then Blastwave, which lays down the Flamestrike and forces an Impact proc, which I use to spread the LB. Single target then, and throw down another Flamestrike in a few seconds. We have 2 boomkins on the adds as well, but the Frost DK does 50% more damage than I do to the adds, they are ridiculous.

"2nd pack, Blast wave, engi AoE -> flamestrike -> flamestrike -> Blast wave -> Dragon's Breath., rinse and repeat,"

How does this solo a wave? Blastwave is on 15s CD and if you spam that many Flamestrikes you won't be lasting long. This must also take quite a long time.. are you able to dps the boss during the weaken?

As said before, i would just switch to mage armor when you need to kill adds, and then back to molten..

But that would only be the case if we killed them..

My guild however found it best to get me to kite the adds all the fight and all other dps just leave them, and it makes the fight so much more fun for me, and so much easier.

Everyone has there own way of dealing with the adds.

Personally, I keep LB up on magmaw and scorch spam him (with molten armor). When adds pop, i go crazy with instant FS's and blastwave. Continue on magmaw till he get's impaled and go into a "normal" rotation. (FB, etc) Rinse, Repeat.

Yes, i pretty much solo the adds as well.

To each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacomp89 View Post
    "DK kites the bugs for our guild normal and HM so raid just ignores them."

Do they despawn after a certain amount of time? Because I can't imagine someone being able to kite 4+ waves of bugs? Like 25-30 mobs. Or is the DK able to kill them quickly enough?
    Number of mobs is irrelevant if A) they are grouped up and B) they never touch you.

Also howling blast is what they'd kite with (i think?) and it also applies frost fever. By the fourth wave that would probably kill at least one pack by itself, and the dk can of course dnd them and stuff too.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd View Post
    Number of mobs is irrelevant if A) they are grouped up and B) they never touch you.

Also howling blast is what they'd kite with (i think?) and it also applies frost fever. By the fourth wave that would probably kill at least one pack by itself, and the dk can of course dnd them and stuff too.

Blood presence for agro.
    DnD on the initial spawn point for snap agro.
    Howling blast + glyph (frost fever) + chillbains (50% snare on targets with FF).

Next step is not getting hit xD
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    These days there is a very easy way to avoid having to change your glyphs all the time. Dualspec!

Just take a Mage Armor Fire spec and a Molten Armor Fire spec.

And 20g, really? You make 80g from the random daily hc and another 40g from randoms...
    Statix will suffice.

just spam scorch more on the boss when he isnt below 35% or pinned down, and dont go crazy with the flamestrike. With 3 charges of mana opal and evo, i didnt have any mana problems on him with molten armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd View Post

This is the case. The DK in our raid not only kites all the adds (I havent had to hit one since our first attempt when we changed strats), but he takes top DPS in the fight. Im not sure what will happen after the howling blast nerf but right now 1 frost DK can handle all the adds on 25 man.

Quote Originally Posted by pipboyedshadowmourne View Post
    Hi i started raiding yesterday an managed to down magmaw and omnitron golems, the question is how do you deal with adds in magmaw if using molten armour?

the first try i went oom very fast , i basically casted Blastwave, LB , combustion and then impact and started flamestriking all time..... we wiped and the second try i changed molten glyph and played with mage armour switching to molten when burn phases , mana was ok... and ended 16kDPS.... i need help bacause i dont wanto to spend 20g switching glyphs everytime i go to magmaw.....
    Use Scorch whenever you don't have procs/cds up. Don't use impact unless you have Pyro on your target. If you couldn't save a HS proc, just cast a Pyro, Blastwave to proc Impact and then spam Flamestrike. I save Combustion for the burn phases because the adds die really quickly. I have 1 point in Arcane Concentration and Scorch weaving prevents me from running oom in this fight, but it is indeed mana intensive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pipboyedshadowmourne View Post
    Hi i started raiding yesterday an managed to down magmaw and omnitron golems, the question is how do you deal with adds in magmaw if using molten armour?

the first try i went oom very fast , i basically casted Blastwave, LB , combustion and then impact and started flamestriking all time..... we wiped and the second try i changed molten glyph and played with mage armour switching to molten when burn phases , mana was ok... and ended 16kDPS.... i need help bacause i dont wanto to spend 20g switching glyphs everytime i go to magmaw.....
    my guild did magmaw a few weeks ago, and i raided as fire, basically what i did was, on the stages where your nuking the body try to use as many scorches as possible just renew living bomb, adds blastwave and flamestrike, save as much mana for the head nuke

We did Magmaw last week and I was #1 mage on dps according to WoL, then our guildie using WoL broke it so we didn't get to update it. QQ.

15+ Year Old Account
    It really depends on your raid setup to be honest. My guild uses a DK to kite the adds and then me (Hunter) will solo kill the adds, not sure if it will be all that possible after patch though since they are nerfing Serpent's Spread.