Thread: Which trinket?

Which trinket?

Hey guys,

i recently got my valor trinket, fluid death, and am wondering which of my 346 trinkets i should switch out. Currently i have 'grace of the herald', 'key to the endless chamber' and the jewelcrafters 'figurine-demon panther'.

Any help will be great

Keep grace of the herald as you are over hit cap at the moment anyways adding anymore would be pointless.

I would keep Key to the endless chamber. You'll get alot of hit, but that's why we got reforge It's in general better.

That ofcouse IF you can get rid off all that hit in a reasonable way

Quote Originally Posted by Vox View Post
    Hey guys,

i recently got my valor trinket, fluid death, and am wondering which of my 346 trinkets i should switch out. Currently i have 'grace of the herald', 'key to the endless chamber' and the jewelcrafters 'figurine-demon panther'.

Any help will be great
    Depends on your other stats, generaly Grace of the Herald, assuming the hit on fluid death is enough to keep you hit-caped.

i am actually under hit cap with grace of the herald. With a reforged(hit to mastery) key, im at 9.1% hit(1093hit, 132 above cap). Im guessing i should take key then since the proc is better, agi>crit.

Checked your armory , you can always reforge to hit, or respectively enchant it. In your curent gear i would try keeping around 800sh haste (depending on your latency) then reforge any extra haste to hit, if not sufficient then mastery to hit and so on. And if anything reforge excessive stats to crit. And ye, keep Grace of the Herald.

Deleted
    i am actually under hit cap with grace of the herald. With a reforged(hit to mastery) key, im at 9.1% hit(1093hit, 132 above cap). Im guessing i should take key then since the proc is better, agi>crit.
    Wait a minute. How can you NOT be hitcapped with fluid death?
    Its just a matter of reforging. There's so much hit on gear from heroics now that using fluid death will easily overcap you by 1,5%~, like it did for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashe-Arathor View Post
    Wait a minute. How can you NOT be hitcapped with fluid death?
    Its just a matter of reforging. There's so much hit on gear from heroics now that using fluid death will easily overcap you by 1,5%~, like it did for me.
    yea i reforged fluid death for mastery. maybe i shouldnt:P

you shouldn't reforge hit to mastery atm. Crit rating is a much better choice seeing as how "low" it is right now, and mastery is probably going to be more exponential, meaning the more you have the better it gets, but it doesnt shine in lower amounts (much like armor pen did)

Quote Originally Posted by Decimus View Post
    mastery is probably going to be more exponential, meaning the more you have the better it gets, but it doesnt shine in lower amounts (much like armor pen did)
    Sorry but this is not true. There is no feature on mastery that would cause exponential scaling, it always increases your elemental damage by 1% (for SV). That is 80% of hunter´s damage. It has no effect on pet´s damage which is roughly a bit over 10% of total damage. That means 1 mastery will always increase 0.8 x 0.88 / 100 = 70% of your total damage by 1%.

As to why Crit is superior to Mastery: it adds 1% to crit for all your abilities AND your pet. With meta gem we crit for 203% of normal hit and then there are talents that benefit from higher crit.

What caused exponential scaling on Armor Penetration was fact that in higher levels 1% of additional ArP increased your damage by more than 1% and those increases at ranges from 85% to 100% ArP were quite obscene

10+ Year Old Account
    if you got the gold you may want to try a darkmoon card, hurricane i believe.

alright. thanks for all the help

Deleted
    I personally use Fluid Death + Tia's Grace.
    I love the passive 340 + 380 AGI with and the consequential viable reforging.
    No need to activate nor follow procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kardezar View Post
    if you got the gold you may want to try a darkmoon card, hurricane i believe.
    NO. DO NOT GET THIS TRINKET.

It procs only off of autoshot. You'd waste a loooooooooot of gold buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by w00t692 View Post
    NO. DO NOT GET THIS TRINKET.

It procs only off of autoshot. You'd waste a loooooooooot of gold buying it.
    I agree. I am very disappointed with mine.

It is not the worst thing ever but the proc rate is super low (auto shot only from what it sounds like) so it is not worth the money. From what I have read, it seems to be ranked (not including heroic versions) #4 or #5 for BiS trinkets. Even the heroic blue Tia's Grace is ahead of it.

Hey guys,

Any help will be great
    Fluid death + tias grace = win

k brb farming tia's grace

For all these problems with hit, I highly recommend plugging your character into www.femaledwarf.com and playing around with reforging all of your gear until you get the hit cap you want. I've been almost perfectly hit capped for weeks, and this is despite constantly getting new pieces of gear. I simply play around in femaledwarf until I've got the perfect cap. Never gem for it, and never enchant for it if you can at all help it.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2011-01-11 at 11:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm getting Fluid Death tomorrow (Been lazy and not raiding/doing daily H) and I'm going to stick with FD/Panther purely because I like to be able to select when I want my burst, i.e. Bloodlust and other proc's and CD's, and not have to rely on a proc chance which may not line up with other skills etc.

Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.9Ghz | Gigabyte EX58-UD3R | 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600Hz | Gigabyte GTX 580 Superclocked Edition SLI | Lian-Li PC-P50WB | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD (raid0) | Corsair RM-1000 80+ Gold | Corsair H60, 2x BitFenix Spectre Pro P/P config

Quote Originally Posted by Judai View Post
    I'm getting Fluid Death tomorrow (Been lazy and not raiding/doing daily H) and I'm going to stick with FD/Panther purely because I like to be able to select when I want my burst, i.e. Bloodlust and other proc's and CD's, and not have to rely on a proc chance which may not line up with other skills etc.
    That is why I am getting in 3 days Fluid Death / Unsolvable Riddle combo for fights with some DPS gimick phases and FD / Tia´s Grace for anything else. Tia´s Grace will serve well until Halfus drops Essence of Cyclone