Feral Fun Factor. PvP.

Hey guys.

So.. I'm trying really, really hard to resist the urge to come back to WoW. After playing a trial Troll Druid up to 20 and marveling at how awesome they are and the coolness of the new Cata changes, it's become quite difficult.

My first character was a Druid, but I switched about halfway through BC to a Mage.. mainly because Feral damage sucked and they had no stuns/interrupts/etc.. except for Bash, which has obviously changed.

How fun is it to play a Feral druid in PvP at 85? Someone please tell me it's horribly boring or you constantly get ganked or something to keep me away from wow-crack.

Deleted
    feral will get dmg nerf! go play minecraft

10+ Year Old Account
    Feral will be nerfed in the upcoming patch, because frankly, our DoT's tick HARD! Right now in pvp were pretty well off. Mangle, rip, and all that good stuff, then pop bear form and lacerate then /dance as they try and live. We also have a kick now, witch is super nice. Its a lot of fun being feral right now, but I'm not sure how it will be after the patch. Tbh, feral seems to be the FotW right now.

hii, I think in wrath, ferals where prodly the hardest class to play in PvP, there will be some who disigree, but i know i was constantly being out beat by rogues or warriors for arena partners in 2s. HOWEVER now that cata is here, we have an inturpt and our bleed damage is higher thus we can compete with other classes. i find it very fun playing feral and despite what others say i think it accualy takes some skill.

Quote Originally Posted by ericyeahright View Post
    Feral will be nerfed in the upcoming patch, because frankly, our DoT's tick HARD! Right now in pvp were pretty well off. Mangle, rip, and all that good stuff, then pop bear form and lacerate then /dance as they try and live. We also have a kick now, witch is super nice. Its a lot of fun being feral right now, but I'm not sure how it will be after the patch. Tbh, feral seems to be the FotW right now.
    I mean, I definitely could see Blizzard changing up hardcore what they're proposing right now but 10% less bleed with 25%+ more mangle/shred damage seems pretty fair. No fear on berserk is a bummer but oh well, just like every other class that gets owned by fears.

And I should note, the entire reason I want to roll a Druid is A) troll forms. So. AWESOME. and B) I've played and liked Feral before, but that was mainly in vanilla where Ferals had possibly the worst damage output of any damage spec PvPwise (cat form was certain death so bear.. survive.. survive.. survive.. hope he doesn't get healed.. haha.)
    Last edited by GratedWasabi; 2011-01-10 at 11:43 PM.

Well, I enjoy it very much, the bleeds will get nerfed by 10%, but its not that much to worry about, because right now , you put 5 cp and rip then dance, but after the balance ( i reuse to call it nerf ) , it will be that by the time you reach 5 cp your target will be dead, you can still dance, and right now you can enjoy picking on every other class in the game, we have the tools, even frost mages

By the time the zerk nerf comes, we will have SOME problems with fear classes, but we can still manage through

TL;DR: we are fun to play , and rank among the highest

Feral druid is the most fun I've had in pvp. I have 4 85's and the reset are 81-84 and feral druids can do everything. You have pretty much the best cc in the game while dishing out some mean damage. Assuming the average pvper has close to 3k resilience, which is around 31% damage reduction, my rip still ticks for 10k crits.
    That aside, if you have trouble managing your WoW time just don't bother getting back into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffari View Post
    Feral druid is the most fun I've had in pvp. I have 4 85's and the reset are 81-84 and feral druids can do everything. You have pretty much the best cc in the game while dishing out some mean damage. Assuming the average pvper has close to 3k resilience, which is around 31% damage reduction, my rip still ticks for 10k crits.
    That aside, if you have trouble managing your WoW time just don't bother getting back into it.
    It's not really that as much as the cost. I let a friend use my old account when I left about a year ago and I don't have the heart to tell him I want it back, so I'd need to buy all four games. Add in subscription costs after a month, and bleh.

Also, I'm a bit concerned about these long BG queues I hear about. I often play late at night (ie after 1 am eastern) and I'd prefer not to be waiting 20 minutes just to hit a BG.

I'm having an absolute blast as feral this expansion. Most fun the spec has ever been.

qq moar. Feral is getting balanced, not nerfed. The 10k tick rip is a little OP, so they decrease the bleed dmg by 10% and buffing mangle and shred base dmg from 350 to 450ish.
    Also, you will probably be able to use shadowmeld and war stomp in cat form in the next patch, how awesome isnt that?
    im really enjoing feral atm

Quote Originally Posted by xmpeL View Post
    Also, you will probably be able to use shadowmeld and war stomp in cat form in the next patch, how awesome isnt that?
    im really enjoing feral atm
    Pft. who needs warstomp when I look like someone spilled paint on me :P