Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Affliction is a harder spec to play. If you make even a few mistakes, your DPS will suffer.

That said, it is also very rewarding. Drain life affliction is extremely effective at keeping you alive, your healers happy, and your raid progressing. I will never use any other spec on fights like Chimaeron, Nefarian, Twilight Council... it's just a very useful spec when every fight has a lot of damage going out and your healers need all the help they can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    It's not. If he disagrees, link this;

http://www.stratfu.com/kamigami/N_Tw...t_Council.html

To him. Most fights, Destruction is above Affliction.

You really shouldn't give, as evidence, a fight where you're supposed to control your DPS and not go all out.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2011-01-10 at 08:51 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    I've been playing Affliction in raids for 3 weeks. The Destruction lock with equal gear kicks my ass hands down every time. Mind you, I'm terrible at ISF and remembering Demon Soul, but the gap would be much closer if I were Destro.
    Since you're new to the spec, might I suggest macroing Demon Soul to one of your abilities? (Maybe haunt?) Obviously it wouldn't be as optimal as lining it up perfectly with Trinket + Volcanic pot + Bloodlust, but it's certainly a good alternative to not remembering to use it at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I'm the masochistic sort. If I don't do what I'm supposed to then I should be punished :P

R.I.P. YARG

Nah, I'm the masochistic sort. If I don't do what I'm supposed to then I should be punished :P
    Haha, fair enough

One more suggestion then; there's a mod called TellMeWhen that can put a large icon somewhere on your screen given certain variables. So, for example, you could have it show the Demon Soul macro whenever its up.

I guess the downside of that is that it might train you to just depend on that mod instead of just remembering to do it yourself. *shrug*

15+ Year Old Account
    I have Power Auras set up to tell me when haunt is about to expire. Do I remember to cast it? Noooooo....

Edit: I've been lazy in-game, I just need to get my act together.

R.I.P. YARG

I have Power Auras set up to tell me when haunt is about to expire. Do I remember to cast it? Noooooo....

Edit: I've been lazy in-game, I just need to get my act together.
    Well you're a boss ahead of me; so don't be too hard on yourself

Deleted
    Go Affliction its the true warlock spec, dont be a Mage...

15+ Year Old Account
    If you roll Destruction, you're not a Mage. Destruction locks actually do damage!

ba dum pish

R.I.P. YARG

10+ Year Old Account
    My main problem with Affliction seems to be refreshing ISF early due to Eradication procs. And getting round to refreshing ISF.

Quote Originally Posted by broflexing View Post
    My raid leader is pushing affliction on me because its the top dps spec. meanwhile i have no problem topping him as demo. but he still seems to think id do better as affliction. is it worth respeccing and learning a whole new priority system just because demo isnt top dps? is it that much more dps?
    http://www.stateofdps.com/

15+ Year Old Account
    That website sealed it for me, I'll be destruction tomorrow. I'll spend some time in simcraft to see if anything doesn't match reality, however.

R.I.P. YARG

affliction is the best spec given the current content, almost every fight has a burn execute phase and destruction cant compete, granted overall dps is abit less

few exceptions, conclaive of wind favors demonology, maloriak favors demonology, atramedes favors destruction (unless your gear is really good (360+) than affliction should be better, ascendant council prefers destruction if you're having problems keeping all 4 adds close to 25%~ (you cant get the Monstrosity under 24.8% anyway) otherwise its affliction

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll bet that if you were to post meters of yourself as affliction and another guy as destruction, we could point out everything you're both doing wrong, and the other guy could fix his stuff easier than you. That's why I'm switching

R.I.P. YARG

not sure if destruction will be able to compete with affliction between 30% and 50% haste gear sets, so im tempted to go affliction, get haste gear, get 50% haste, switch destro = profit.

Quote Originally Posted by broflexing View Post
    My raid leader is pushing affliction on me because its the top dps spec. meanwhile i have no problem topping him as demo. but he still seems to think id do better as affliction. is it worth respeccing and learning a whole new priority system just because demo isnt top dps? is it that much more dps?
    My guild's warlock is dualspec demo/affl and switches depending on the fight. For instance, on magmaw and Cho'gall he's demo so he and the dk pretty much take care of adds themselves.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tittattotem View Post
    Go Affliction its the true warlock spec, dont be a Mage...
    word !!

---------- Post added 2011-01-11 at 03:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Amghealme View Post
    My guild's warlock is dualspec demo/affl and switches depending on the fight. For instance, on magmaw and Cho'gall he's demo so he and the dk pretty much take care of adds themselves.
    We used two locks, 1 demo and felstorm is on cd the 2nd time but soul burned SoC does the job almost as good as a felstorm. Is no problem to take turns with those two
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.