Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
    Sure, it's called a router. Hardware firewall that doesn't take a single byte of system resources.

The only thing it doesn't protect you from is attacks from within your own network, which is the one thing that the built-in windows firewall protects you from.
    Gateway, to be specific. A router just routes traffic, it doesn't block, shape or translate.

software firewalls are bad
    Not all are bad. I quite enjoy my ISA2006 server myself.
    red panda red panda red panda!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magekíd View Post
    True Cilraaz, but for the average user it's not really doable, me thinks. Software makes it a lot easier.
    And I would say that's part of the bigger problem. Nobody wants to actually have to manage anything anymore. Get NoScript and ABP, then you don't have to pay attention to where you're browsing. Get an AV and MalwareBytes, then you don't have to pay attention to what you're downloading. Get a software "firewall", then you don't have to pay attention to what you've installed.

Damn kids. Get off my lawn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    Damn kids. Get off my interwebs.
    I believe this needed some tweaking...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    I believe this needed some tweaking...
    Eh, I was just trying to show that I'm just being a cranky old man this morning.

Deleted
    Looks like i'll just go elsewhere since your acting like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reguilea View Post
    So my loading when i first enter WoW takes ages. Like literally five to ten minutes. And the reason i think its cause of Zone Alarm is cause my real life friend also has ZA and he said that his loading took ages and some items in game were just "Retrieving Info" for him disabling ZA while playing WoW helped.

I assumed that it was a port issue but i didnt tell him that cause hes not that computer savvy at all. So yeah. Maybe i could fasten my loading screen by opening some ports?
    I'm using ZA even before I started play wow, that's like 3-4 years aggo I didn't had a single problem. It's a great piece of software and seriously it deserves my money more then wow. Let the haters hate, don't mind them