Tips to improve the dk above you

Im fairly new to this forum, so sorry if this have been done before
    I just stepped over a rogue version of this little "game", and i wanted to start a dk version aswell. so here we go.

The idea is pretty straightforward .

1: Post a link of your armory character profile + please mention your mainspec
    2: Give constructive tips/ideas so the above person can improve hes/her gameplay
    3: If you decide to reply to this thread, please be aware, that you should be able to take constructive critism

Ill start:

Powarf ravenholdt eu
    Mainspec blood pve

( Cant post links yet so you have to look it up)

Hi Powarf, I do not know how much you already know, just a note.

Try out a Lichborne subspec, as Lichborne selfhealing is great! http://wowtal.com/#k=tw8YqfTvu.a67.deathknight. Allocate the remaining points between Unholy Command, Abominations Might, and Epidemic according to taste.

Be sure to not IT or PS unless needed (Ergo, IT if noone else is using -20% attack speed) (Use f.e. Powerauras) http://pwnwear.com/forum/death-knigh...uide-t711.html

Cannot comment on your gear, you're wearing a PvP set.

Armory displays my hti as 7.62%, it's actually 8.15%
    OH FOR GODS SAKE I HAVE NO IMAGINATION.

hello there im not big on dk tanking but i really think you should try out the crimson scourge talent

can´t post links yet so: dittsvin-bloodfeather-eu
    im going for pvp so we dont have any missunderstandings

Quote Originally Posted by awesomecakez View Post
    hello there im not big on dk tanking but i really think you should try out the crimson scourge talent
    Crimson Scourge is a suboptimal talent. You really only want to Blood Boil every 30 seconds to maintain Scarlet Fever, and that's if another tank doesn't have it up already. AoE tanking, it's not really needed - DnD is pretty solid threat, and tabbing heart strike cleaves is good for 3-5 targets. At 6+ it is decent to Blood Boil, but that's not a common situation atm, and even then it's usually fine without it.

Your helm, shoulders, and legs are unenchanted. Your relic is ungemmed, but it's fairly low ilevel so you're likely waiting on a replacement, and same with your belt.

You reforged your chest from crit to hit. I would have done a difference piece. You're "wasting" 42 points of hit by being over cap. You need (without your reforge) 38 points of hit to cap. This means you want to look for an item that has as close to without under 38 points on a reforge, or 95 rating. Your cloak or neck has the best on that. It's also better to have crit than mastery. I would reforge items in this order for pvp mastery first, then expertise, then crit to haste. Keep your hit right at 5%. 195 cap spell pen

Spec wise, drop virulence. Melee hit capping will spell hit cap you for pvp. Move those 2 points to endless winter. I also prefer Glyph of Chains of Ice or Pestilence over Blood Boil.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rania/advanced
    I know, some green quality gems, but I got those items early. .73% over the hit cap still, trying to figure out how I want to reforge everything away (armory does not include Nerves of Cold Steel, but you still want 8% hit for PvE). This is for my unholy spec, the frost is for Magmaw only and flying around for Archaeology. Hopefully I can get the sword from there so I can go back to 2H Unholy.
    Last edited by Algroda; 2011-01-10 at 08:11 PM.

Herald of the Titans Avatar Killer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

hello
    if you don't tank and you think something is good try backing it up with some facts or at least a reason why you think something should be applied.
    I only say this because he seemed like he was asking a perfectly valid question and wanted real answers.

Crimson Scourge is pretty useless atm because it doesn't provide an output to equal the needed talent points it takes to get it. Talent points are like diamonds. you don't want to waste then on something not worth its weight. this ability is therefore lackluster in its return per talent point. if it was 1 talent point it may be slightly beneficial but even still it would be a touchy subject.
    Last edited by Avatar Killer; 2011-01-11 at 04:18 PM.
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.
    New Expansion preview HERE

Logoto Mok'Nathal US

^ Put a belt buckle in place. Get rid of the two green gems. Bracer enchant is easily upgradable. I'm not a huge fan of the str-sta gems.

But here's the main thing, and this is in regards to raiding, I'm sure you're fine for just heroics.

Your hit rating is atrocious. You've actually reforged out of hit and you're not even close to being hit capped. After str, hit-to-cap is the single best damage increase we can get. Then exp to cap. You're not close there either. Obviously you might know that since you're probably fine for heroics. But your deeps in that gear is totally fine for heroics anyways, so might as well hit/exp for raiding and the slight waste of it in heroics is almost nothing.

You have very good gear for starting raids. But you're way off on your secondary stat prioritization.

You're dw frost. So get to 8% (you're about at 4%), and don't be afraid to go a tad over. After that exp to cap. Then mastery.

As to your frost spec. Don't like a few minor things.

You're specc'd for mind freeze, but not Virulence. No reason for one without the other. RP for mind freeze is trivial to have and keep if you're doing int's so don't worry about the cost. But you're not close to spell capped which if you have a specific reason to do int's you should be. I'd rather take the two out of MF's Endless Winter then and put one in Lichborne and do a self-heal macro that is incredibly useful and I keep through raiding, and the other point in on a pale horse which is agian actually useful.
    Last edited by liquidrage; 2011-01-11 at 04:55 PM.